Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isagoon
Aug 31, 2009

by Peatpot

dvgrhl posted:

I have a Logitech MX Revolution, which I got when my 2 year old MX1000 (I think this was the model) stopped holding a charge. Logitech sent it to me for free since their mice come with a 3 year warranty. I absolutely love it, and will only buy Logitech mice in the future.

As to if $100 is worth it, next to the keyboard, the mouse is the part of the computer you use the most. Having a good mouse that is comfortable and has the features you want is easily worth spending $100 if you have it. And with a Logitech mouse you are guaranteed to get 3 years out of it.

Mice aren't like a Killer NIC or anything like that, the $100 ones cost more because they are typically worth the extra cost.

I love my MX Revolution. There are few things I have that I really think 'yeah, that was worth the money', and my MX fall into that category. I got mine for around $80 at CC (some years ago), and when it finally started stuttering and acting weird a few month ago, Logitech was awesome and sent me out a new one!

One of the small things that I have noticed is that you can slightly improve the moue performance by placing the wireless adapter as close to the mouse as possible. I have my receiver on a USB extension cord zip tied right above my moue on the part of the desk above the keyboard tray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isagoon
Aug 31, 2009

by Peatpot
Someone mentioned that the Performance MX's click/smooth scroll wheel is hardware now.

Does that mean that you cannot adjust the click to smooth RPM threshold? If so, it's a total deal breaker.

Also, anyone else notice that the MX Revolution is deactivated on newegg?

isagoon
Aug 31, 2009

by Peatpot

Vulcan posted:

If you game dont get the MX revolution, the MX1100 (which came out after the revolution) runs circles around it in that arena. The accuracy is far better and people report some shuddering in certain games with the revolution.

There seems to be an issue with the RX on the MX Rev. I too had (severe) stuttering issues, and Logitech replaced my mouse with the newer MX Rev MK2, which doesn't seem to suffer from some of the issues from the previous iteration of MX Revolutions.

Every once in a while my new MX Rev would stutter for a fraction of a second, so I bought a USB extension and ran it under my desk to a point just over the mouse on the keyboard tray, and ziptied it there.

I have not had any issues what so ever for as long as I have had the RX on the extension.

I will also note I have a wireless AP less than 10ft away, so that may have something to do with my connection issues.

isagoon
Aug 31, 2009

by Peatpot

Instant Stalker posted:

I do have a question for the wireless mouse guys though. Have any of you switched to bluetooth? I've avoided bluetooth like the plague ever since it came out. Is it of any benefit to go with a wireless bluetooth mouse?

And a question for the hyper scrolling guys. Have any of you got your hyper scrolling to work without any lag? That is, when you move the scroll button (regardless of how small) your scroll bar on the screen moves as well as opposed to having to move the scroll button a certain distance before the scroll bar on the screen decides to react.

I have an MS BT mouse 5000 and it works great. No lag or anything bad on my netbook.

I have never had any issues with lag for HS, it has always worked perfectly, except when I had a bad mouse, which Logitech replaced.

isagoon
Aug 31, 2009

by Peatpot

Lediur posted:

Am I the only person disappointed at Logitech for not continuing the thumb wheel on the MX Revolution?

I've noticed a lot of people in this thread not bothering to use it, but I use it frequently to control foobar and OpenPandora (the wheel is bound to play-pause / next / previous keyboard shortcuts in SetPoint)

I guess I'm out of luck if both my MXs die.

Also, I just bind the scroll click to middle mouse. Smartshift is good enough for me.

I'm with you, bro. I love that scroll wheel. I have it mapped to the volume control and play/pause. That is the only thing keeping me from buying a Performance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isagoon
Aug 31, 2009

by Peatpot

MasterWerk posted:

has no one posted this yet? c'mon, mouse nerds... keep up.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/07/mad-catz-cyborg-rat-hands-on-true-customizable-mouse-madness/

apparently, the physical form of the mouse is adjustable. i like the idea, but the design... wat?

Is that a second scroll wheel on the side? Apparently, it can also be wired or wireless.