Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know how to put this exactly but I have tried most of the wired Logitech mice and they are so bulky and heavy that I cannot fathom how anyone can use one. The wireless mice have lag and I can't stand that either. Also, high DPI cause me to freak out and I can't stand the change in sensitivity, I try and compensate by changing the mouse settings but it never matches what I am used to. The only mice I can use now are the low end wired mice like the MS comfort optical mouse 3000 and low end cheapo Logitech mice. I dunno... maybe I am just too old.

this is my most perfectest mouse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
MS Comfort Mouse 6000 is the best mouse I have ever used. Light, large enough for my hand, tracks perfectly with the correct acceleration curve. I can't understand why anyone would want one of those Logitech boat anchors.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

NihilCredo posted:

This is the exact same thing you said four years ago in this very thread, with no other post in between. Shooting for some kind of record?

At least I am consistent.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Coxswain Balls posted:

Soldering is an awesome skill to have, so when the first of my many Anywhere MXs failed again outside of its warranty period, I took it as an opportunity to learn. The cost of a decent starter station (I went with an Aoyue 937+), a solder sucker, some braid and flux+solder ended up being the exact same price as a new mouse, and it's paid for itself in spades in only a year or two. Between work and home I was looking at spending $200 a year on mice, whereas now it's just a 15 minute procedure with a $0.93 part I do about once a year whenever I notice doubleclicks happening again (contact points squared in the pic below).

Having an easier or harder time of it might depend on the mouse, but I can tell you I was pretty rough with mine while I was learning and it's still going like a champ. I think I lifted one of the traces, and I got careless and melted a bit of the plastic wheel holder, but everything has still been working fine. It also opens you up to a whole lot of other DIY stuff you might be interested in; I was able to save hundreds of dollars building my own accessories for my astronomy and RC gear, all thanks to what I learn from working on a broken mouse.

Great job fixing that! I love it when I get little bits of info that help fix things that should be fixable.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
So i bought a Microsoft Comfort mouse 6000 in 2012 and it is pretty beat up now. Went to buy another and all I can find is units at 80-120 bux?! Why is it so goddamn hard to get a full sized light weight mouse that tracks well? I don't want extra buttons either. Every time I find a mouse I love it gets discontinued. Logitech's stuff is horrid.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I know most of you will probably not like this but this sucker: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Rig...fort+mouse+6000

is the best mouse I have personally ever used.

I do open the thing and remove the clicker from the scroll wheel, which means basically snipping 2 pastic prongs that rub against a wheel.. but the mouse is feather light, tracks like a demon, and fits a large man-hand perfectly

I bought one about 3-4 years ago and it is pretty rough looking at this point, but works perfectly. So I bought another just the other day.

MS Comfort Mouse 6000 - 0.25 ounces weight of the mouse
Logitech MX master - 5.1 oz

The logitech is a drat brick compared.

redeyes fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 3, 2016

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
My Microsoft Comfort mouse, 1/4 Oz.

Logitech G502 mouse, 5+Oz (with cable).

Guess which mouse causes carpel tunel and which cures it.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

El Scotch posted:

Castor got dunked in beer, it's not good. :smith:

Rinse in distilled water, while unplugged.

in all seriousness, take the drat thing apart, clean with distilled water, blow dry with something powerful like a leaf blower
you can also use %90 rubbing alcohol to displace the water and then dry that

Rice = NO
Leave with beer in to dry = NO

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I got some scissors I can lend ya ;D

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
How in the hell do people keep buying Logitech garbage? If any of their crap lasts more than 2 years it would surprise me.

My mouse of choice the MS comfort mouse 6000 and is of course the best thing ever. Light as a feather. Tracks on any surface. Accurate as hell. Whats not to love?

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Co...fort+mouse+6000

redeyes fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 1, 2016

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
It's interesting because I've never noticed a difference in tracking or smoothness with any mouse including pro gamer ones. All those seem to do is allow you to move the mouse more and have the cursor move less (high dpi). I dunno, I completely fail to see any point.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Logitech support is trash. I tried RMAing a set of their headphones which died after like 3 months. They just dropped the ball and never replied to the RMA request. After 5 calls I gave up.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Comments say that mouse isn't a normal HID mouse device.. some kind of custom BS that doesn't work in Linux, Android, Mac, etc. Only windows. BARF

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

paid money to post posted:

I'm starting to get old and my wrists are starting to hurt. I'm looking at the ergonomic 3M mice that resemble a joy stick. They seem more desirable than the other "neutral grip" or side-held mice, since I'll have to pinch my hand like a lobster claw and most likely be in more pain. What are some of the better ergonomic mice out there?

I think the mouse weight makes a huge difference too. The lighter the better. I have no loving clue where manufactures get off putting extra weight in their units. Insanity.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

wolrah posted:

I can say the Anker "ergonomic" mouse is terrible. It feels fine to hold, but the button arrangement makes it really hard to click without dragging. The 3M looks interesting.

My favorite mouse ever is the MS Comfort mouse 6000 weighing in at 4oz. My wrist feels fantastic despite mousing all day every day.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Animal posted:

Yeah I'd say its worth it. VERY comfortable. The material feels soft and premium. The buttons have nice tactile feedback. Weight is about perfect (for me). I love the button to switch the wheel between smooth and staggered scrolling. The tracking seems fine, I think this has been a solved problem for a long time now with high DPI gaming mice pandering to gamers placebo effect. I'm playing PUBG right now and its just fine. I don't notice any lag. I just won a game.

I love the feature for switching between paired computers with the touch of a button, so I can bring it along with my Surface laptop and then switch back to my desktop PC and then my Macbook.

And one last thing, it looks good in your desk, no pulsating RGB or gamer color bullshit, just a simple elegant industrial design.

Reviews say the mouse lags over blueooth sometimes: https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/accessories/microsoft-surface-precision-mouse?utm_source=notification

Does yours have this issue or is it stupid reviewers with busted machines?

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i'd buy that in a second if I didnt have 2 MS Comfort mouse 6000s. I love feather light mice.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

All mice are subject to faulty double-clicks due to failing microswitches. You will never escape it. It is inevitable.

BS I've never had a failed clicker button. I use MS mice though.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Count your blessings.

Well after like 30 years, not happened yet. *shurg*

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Assuming you bought that sideways mouse because you need something easier on your arm/carpel tunnel. Guess what? Dragging a heavy mouse around is going to make it worse, not better.

Enjoy your heavy mouse!

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Tornhelm posted:

The Anker is pretty damned light actually. It weighs about 80% of the G502 or 50% of the G403.

I know. I personally use a MS Comfort Mouse 6000 which has been discontinued for a long time. It weighs 0.25 ounces (114 grams). My wrist feels like a million bux and I work in IT, so I'm mousing 9-10 hours a day.

I wanted one of those final mouse things but the price is a bit high and also sold out everywhere.

redeyes fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 7, 2018

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
My MS Comfort Mouse 6000 is 1000dpi. God's DPI.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Qubee posted:

I have an OCD when it comes to hand hygiene, it's not that.

It is that. You are washing your hands to the point they are dry and the skin flakes off on the mouse.

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I should have bought one of those final mouse mice when I could. Now they are like 200-300 bux ;_;

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
It gets better for sure. Be one with the inertia of the ball. Thats the only advice i can give.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Ive been rocking a feather light mouse for years. Funny how all the Logitech boat anchor fans disappeared.