Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fraggsta
Feb 2, 2003

mmmm, black straight hair.

Wreckus posted:

Razer Mamba

How's the Mamba for lefties? I currently have a Diamondback 3G and while I like it, sometimes I feel a slight ache in my fingers from using it, and the scroll wheel occasionally feels a little..slimy. As people have said, the mouse wheel on the Mamba looks really nice, but it's no good for me if the thing is all "ergonomic", and made for right handers :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fraggsta
Feb 2, 2003

mmmm, black straight hair.
Well first things first: :siren: I'M LEFT HANDED. DON'T RECOMMEND A RIGHT HANDED MOUSE :siren:. I've been trying various mice, and have been starting to get RSI from using a Razer Deathadder Left Hand edition. I've also tried a Lycosa. I have a "Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse" and this doesn't trigger my RSI, but I need side buttons suitable for a lefty, and it really isn't suitable for gaming...in FPSes it cause noticeably jerky movement.

I'm looking at the SteelSeries Xai on which opinions seem to be divided. It has side buttons on both side, so tick that box. It looks and apparently feels a lot like an IntelliMouse so that's a big tick right there. What I'm wary of is opinions seem to be divided. At least one review really trashes this mouse, saying that it suffers from terrible negative acceleration issues. others seem to have far more positive opinions, saying that the acceleration issues either aren't present in later examples of this mouse, or are fixed by a firmware upgrade.

Does anyone have one of these? Can anyone comment on how decent they are? Can people suggest another decent lefty mouse with side buttons? Let's disregard the cost issue, because I don't mind spending a bit of money to make my hand feel like it's not a misshapen claw whenever I use my computer.