Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

It's kind of sad that I've owned every single mouse you're asking about except for one.

I've owned 2 MX518's. The first one died from a static shock way outside of the warranty period and they still sent me a replacement free of charge and didn't require me to send the original broken one back.

The Sidewinder Mouse was OK, but for some reason either software or hardware, the middle DPI on the fly button stopped working. Other than that, it was pretty comfortable. I replaced the Sidewinder with a Razer Lachesis and that crapped out on me after about 1 year. Razer wanted me to send it back in with a proof of purchase which I had tossed out many months ago. The Lachesis was probably the least favorite of the mice I owned. It wasn't very comfortable due to it's small size and was too light.

The Razer got replaced with a G9X and I'm pretty happy with it. Has some heft, feels solid, and I know if it breaks, Logitech would take care of me, no questions asked.

Stick with Logitech as they have some of the best warranty service out there. Did you ask them about your MX5000? They'll probably fix/replace that too.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 2, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU