Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Not an Anthem posted:

Logitech keeps replacing my mice when they break, for free.
This is how I eventually ended up with a MX Revolution some years after buying a MX700. MX700 eventually stopped charging (still works otherwise), got sent a MX1000. MX1000 eventually stops charging, got sent a MX Revolution. Logitech warranty support kicks rear end.

I eventually decided I didn't like the MX Revolution all that much, and bought a G9, which was probably overkill since I barely touch most of the configuration options. I love it anyway.

I also have a MX518 that came with my laptop. There is a drat good reason these things are still popular as hell.

Sointenly posted:

Alright, so i have one small quirk with my new MX Revo...
Logitech's default button assignments have always baffled me. Like you said, though, It's pretty easy to change it to your liking.

One tip I can offer, though: If you are like me and have no use for the tilt-wheel horizontal scroll function, just remap it to act as the middle mouse button. You can then use the normal wheel click to switch between click and smooth scrolling on the fly, while still keeping middle mouse button functionality. For the button right below the wheel, I like to map that to F5 for easy page refresh action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Rinkles posted:

I remained unimpressed by the metal wheel, but for once I found a logitech with a decent middle click. If it was just a bit lighter I'd be pretty happy with it, given the price. As is I'm not sure.

The secret trick to logitech wheels is to remap the tilt to middle click and use that instead.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Rinkles posted:

iirc, when i was testing a G502 it came with a 2 year warranty. used to be 3, iinm.

Back in the olden times when I bought my MX700, it was 5 years.

I feel kinda lucky that I've never had the double-clicking issue with Logitech mice. I've had other issues between half a dozen or so mice and 17 years, but not that one.