Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power
I smoked for 12 years, and the last 6 I was at about 2 packs a day of Dunhill's.
Last year I tried Champix/Chantix and holy gently caress was it terrible. I was nauseous everytime I took the pill, I had the worst time trying to sleep, and when I did I would have horrible nightmares. It made me a very bitter person, and I still smoked while on it.

This time around I read The Easy Way and I quit as soon as I finished. That was just over 3 months ago. I still get the odd craving but big loving deal.

Just chiming in to say it isn't impossible to go from Constantine levels of cigarettes to nothing over night and be pretty good about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power

ApexAftermath posted:

This is a question for everyone who took chantix. I want to try it but I have just heard so many people say that it can make you flip the gently caress out and act like a psycho if you have a reaction. I even had a first hand story of a guy I work with who told me he was taking it and he blacked out and woke up all bloody with his shirt off. His friends said he basically went into a rage and had to be restrained. It sounded like such an insane unbelievable story but considering the side effects and the other stories I have seen I am hesitant to try it.

Can someone who knows more on the subject tell me how often this REALLY happens and if there are any factors that make flipping out more likely. I'd like to quit but the idea that I could black out and go nuts doesn't sit well with me.

Once I woke up running. Not like I was running down the street, I was still laying down in bed, but my legs were doing the running motion. It's an evil little pill.

• Locked thread