Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
How are you all doing with this? I've smoked for around 8 years now, and I know that I have to quit. I smell like poo poo today from smoking at the bar last night. Michigan is passing legislature to ban smoking from bars and restaurants.

Right about now is when I would be stepping outside for a smoke break here at work. I'm out of cigarettes from last night. I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

5 weeks and 4 days smoke free for me, with no desire to go back. The first 4 days were very loving hard, but it was mostly a matter of not driving to the gas station to get a pack. I don't have any cravings while driving or being at the bar anymore. Now I just wish those pesky smokers would go away! :) Real talk though cigarettes smell like poo poo, I can't believe I smelled like that for 8 years of my life and didn't notice. I'm actually pretty excited about Michigan's smoking ban coming into effect in a few months, because I can't stand the smell anymore.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Georgia Peach posted:

I've been smoking a pack to a pack and a half a day for about 15 years. Today's my first day without a cigarette. gently caress. At the moment it's just a matter of crazy will power and distracting myself with mindless entertainment, even though my entire body is tense and I can't walk anywhere without pacing around.

Stick it out. The next few days aren't going to be any easier. It's so worth it though.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Checking in to say that I am 8 months smoke-free via cold turkey as of August 12th. I've gained a bit of weight since then, but I honestly have no desire to smoke cigarettes at all anymore, and quite frankly feel like I never smoked in the first place. Hang in there guys, you can do it. :D

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

I missed it by a few days, but I am proud to say that I haven't touched a cigarette in 1 year and 3 days now. I hope that you all can find the resolve to stay quit :)

• Locked thread