Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I was a 15-20 a day man until last year. I had previously given up for about 12 months a few years ago but started back up again.

I had tried everything, patches, gum, I even did hypnosis therapy in the garage of a small indian's man house, whilst his wife was cooking dinner in the kitchen (I ended up smoking 2 cigarettes and buying a curry on my walk back to the train station).

I have no idea what it was that actually made me stop smoking and it bugs the living hell out of me. All I can put it down to was simply "I can not afford to do this anymore". NZ$30 for a pouch of tobacco was getting too steep for someone with a family to support.

I really had hoped that I wasn't as shallow as that, but it turns out I am. This month is my first year without a cigarette.

Do I feel healthier? No.
Do I feel better about myself? Not any better than I did when I smoked.
Do I have extra cash to spend on my wife and kids every week? Yes.
Will I live longer to spend more time with my family? I guess, but who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread