Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George F Dorn
Sep 11, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
I've tried to quit so many god gently caress drat times, no luck. Everyone I know smokes and I don't know how the poo poo I could commute, work, do school, or basically anything without smoking.

It really isn't a matter of needing to smoke per se, its the fact that if I quit smoking, it leaves a really large hole in my life habits and such if that makes sense.

Like I enjoy taking breaks at work to go outside and smoke, or smoking when there is heavy traffic for an hour, or just anything like that, so if I'm not smoking it would seem that I need to replace smoking with something else rather than remove it, because that would make me go nanners.

Any ideas from people who are this way?

Note: It isn't just the drug that I enjoy, in fact I hardly care about the drug, I just flat out simply like smoking. The feel of the smoke, blowing it out, the fire, the ash, the entire thing is what I like, so if I chewed gum it would not replace for me everything I enjoy about smoking. I was thinking maybe hookah or e-cigs would be a way to replace it for now, that wouldn't be too detrimental to be, but I do not know. Help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George F Dorn
Sep 11, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

CHRISTS FOR SALE posted:

I smoke GB's every day. All day.

:fiesta:

I'm 2 1/2 days into not smoking after about a pack a day for two years. Really I had maybe 5-6 cigs for about a year each day, then about a year ago I sped up to about 14-16 cigs and now for the last 8 months or so I'm smoking about 16-20 cigs a day.

Getting a chest cold is awesome!

George F Dorn
Sep 11, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

lcfc posted:

I want to quit! i haev a 50g pouch of golden virginia and i've convinced myself that i'll quit after i've finished these, i've even bought some of them nicotine inhalators.

I only realised the other day that i've been smoking for 6 years since I was 13 and reckon that's pretty grim so hopefully will be able to pack it in, however, worried about getting fatter!

You could try running. When I quit for a while a few times before, either getting sick as poo poo or running is what did it for me. If you run every day or every other day, you simply can't both smoke all the time and also run, poo poo hurts.

George F Dorn
Sep 11, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

RajCooper posted:

I never understood what it is people need help with, what is you actually do to help them?

I stopped using snus about a year ago after using it for 4 years, had mad cravings for about a week, and was totally fine after that.

Snus is not smoking. I can only speak for myself, but it isn't just the nicotine that is why people smoke, in fact that's usually way at the back of the reasons they like smoking and continue to smoke.

George F Dorn
Sep 11, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
Day three without my friends. I'm still sick so I can't really separate any withdraw from how loving sick I am. Guys, I think the best way to quit smoking is to get a horrible chest flu that becomes a sinus infection. I don't even want to smoke! :)

George F Dorn
Sep 11, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

Dalai Lamacide posted:

I just went through exactly that and I don't really want to smoke except after I smoke :350:

poo poo it's day 4 for me and I'm still not smoking. Problem is, I'm almost better now, so I will be able to smoke in a day or so if I feel like it, but honestly I haven't felt the slightest inkling to smoke. I kinda feel like a dumbfuck though, because in 2 years of smoking, I've only ever made it 4 days without smoking before, and tonight I will be achieving my old record again. God though, I can smell things miles away, I swear to god.

George F Dorn
Sep 11, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

mufkin posted:

My job is pretty awesome.
:smug:

But yeah, as already stated, a lot of it has to do with various other factors, not simply the drug itself.

George F Dorn
Sep 11, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
poo poo guys day 5. I have never made it this long before. I feel like I have superhuman powers to smell across thousands of miles, though I do feel like I'm in another world where things can REALLY upset me to the point of feral anger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George F Dorn
Sep 11, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
Day 6, football season is over. I am eagerly awaiting opening this pack I just bought, but no no, I must wait to savor the moment. A week without cigarettes feels like getting raped in the face.

• Locked thread