Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n0manarmy
Mar 18, 2003

My desire to quit smoking stemmed from GERD, which stands for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. I never ate breakfast, work in a high stress job, and would down multiple cups of coffee and cigarettes before lunch (which I would occasionally miss.) The GERD got so bad that I thought I was having heart attacks. After dealing with it for three months I finally worked up the nerve to go see the doctor, all freaked out that my body was falling apart and what I would say to my friends that I was 27 years old and having heart attacks. After the docs EKG came back negative and he prescribed me prescription grade pepcid and Chantix, I knew it was time to quit.

Ive been cigarette free for three years Nov. 25th. I still smoke an occasional imported cigar when I want to kick back on my front stoop and read. I didn't touch cigars though till a full year after quitting, I at one point had given up cigarettes and had ended up resorting to inhaling cigars (not recommended.) I can currently enjoy a cigar now like a normal cigar should be enjoyed, not through the lungs.

I took the Chantix for 3 months. I had to start eating breakfast every morning otherwise it would make me sick. Also the dreams were a bit realistic at times but looking back at it now, it was worth every pill, breakfast, and funky dream.

I had tried cold turkey but it got too easy to convince myself that I could smoke one and be fine. Or I'd blame a situation on stress and tell myself that a cigarette would help calm the situation. Ultimately the patch and the gum failed too, all had been too easy to convince myself, when drinking, that it was OK to smoke while I was out with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread