Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

I smoked a pack a day for about five years, and two and a half months ago I started taking Chantix. I haven't smoked since September 16th, and besides a few rough spots here and there it's been pretty smooth sailing. It's also nice because you're getting rid of nicotine completely - there is no more addiction to feed.

Quitting is the best thing I ever did for myself. I don't smell like poo poo, I don't wake up feeling like poo poo, I can taste food, I can climb stairs without wanting to die. And get this! The circulation in your body will improve - this includes the circulation to your member. There's a noticeable difference, and your lady will be glad for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Toucan Sam posted:

I went with the wellbutrin xl just because i didn't want the chantix dreams. I know chantix is basically a guaranteed quit but the wellbutrin fits my needs better.

The dreams were not at all a bad thing for me. They were just more vivid than usual, but not scary or anything, just fun.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Almost exactly a year ago I was on Chantix, managed to quit completely for six months, and then fell off the wagon in a pretty bad way, and now I'm back on Chantix again. This stuff really does work, but after a while it's still gonna be on you - it's not some magic bullet. Either way, this is coming up on day three of no cigarettes, and it's easier than I thought it would be. I expect the worst withdrawals to come here in a day or two, but I'm prepared for it. Realized the habit was costing me about $150 a month, and with a huge trip to India planned for the new year I really needed the extra money.

• Locked thread