Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I've been smoking a pack to a pack and a half a day for about 15 years. Today's my first day without a cigarette. gently caress. At the moment it's just a matter of crazy will power and distracting myself with mindless entertainment, even though my entire body is tense and I can't walk anywhere without pacing around.

Edit: poo poo, I already gained 40 pounds by switching jobs without changing anything else, but I live in an awesome mountain area and maybe if I can breathe easy I can get out and hike more often.

Georgia Peach fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Using the patch this time. They aren't kidding about the dreams.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

SmellsOfFriendship posted:

Yeah, I take mine off at night. The first time I quit with patches I don't think I slept properly for the first week. Now I take them off 1-2 hours before I go to bed and put it on first thing in the morning. It makes a world of difference.

I actually enjoy it, since typically I never remember my dreams. Even a remembered nightmare is kind of cool once it's over.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

My biggest problem is that I'm a fidgety bastard when I smoke, when I'm not, I'm intolerable with my bullshit.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Well, today had been day 1 of attempt 600. Wish me luck.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I have a journal to write down my crazy dreams. I usually don't remember them and it's my favorite part of using patches.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I was going good three days in until personal bullshit reared its head and sent me straight to two packs a day this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

KingEup posted:

So try again. Takes practice to quit.

Oh, I plan to. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

• Locked thread