Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars
Alright. I'm in for this. I've said I was going to quit many times, but I want to make it happen. good luck guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benadryl Brownie
Aug 18, 2005

Haway les gars

the_apache posted:

Christ on a bike, all these replies about "planning" to do this, that and the other. The best thing I've done with my smoking habit? I didn't set stupid goals.

Every time you want a cigarette, tell yourself no. Keep putting it off for as long as possible. When it gets too much, have a cigarette. I did this for 4-5 months and from 12-16 a day, I'm now on 3 or 4. I've come to realise that the more you think of quitting smoking and checking up on your progress, it just makes you think more about cigarettes and gives you more of a reason to have one more pack. Stop it in your own time and don't set stupid goals. Cut down gradually.

gently caress nicotine gum/inhalers, they taste like poo poo. I would (seriously) rather smoke a normal cigarette.

I'm thinking this might be the way to go. I told myself about two weeks ago that I wanted to quit at the turn of the year. Dreaded it so much that I caved within the first 24 hours and bought a pack.

• Locked thread