Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Applied last night, got in this morning. I assume having a M&B key helped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

New version's full download is out.

http://download2.taleworlds.com/download/mb_warband_beta_setup_0640.exe

How the gently caress do I tell which side is which?

EDIT: NM, figured it out. The other guys don't have symbols over their heads.

Cool Dad fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 25, 2009

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Rockefeller posted:

Does anyone have a link to 0.635? All the oceanic servers are running it and I can't find a download for it.

You can use the 6.30 to 6.35 patch on 6.40 and it'll work fine.

http://download2.taleworlds.com/download/mb_warband_beta_upgrade_0630_to_0635.exe

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I am Gilok in this and I am terrible.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Dave Mustard posted:

Wow, so, I tried .635, (I didn't start playing the beta until .650.) because I wanted to see if it was true that performance had really dropped since the recent versions and confirm that it wasn't just that I was using an ancient pc, and wow, the performance difference is amazing. .650 seems completely laggy, slow, and unplayable to me where as .635 is perfect, completely smooth framerates even with large numbers of dudes. In fact the only downside I can see in to .635 is that the weapons don't lay on the ground as they should and instead they float upright. (also that the horseback swinging animations seem a little wonky but thrusting seems great.

I did a little research and apparently the reason for this performance difference is this

"
Version 0.641 changes:
------------------------
Rolled back vertex buffer system to the old one for the time being."

Really praying they change it back soon so I can start to actually play properly.

no, they rolled it back to 6.35's vertex buffer system from whatever they did in 6.40. 6.40 was unplayable due to graphics glitches. I don't know why 6.35 would perform better.