Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
This game is the most ridiculously addicting thing in the world. The learning curve switching from single player to multiplayer is extremely steep, but you can improve quickly with lots of dueling practice in deathmatch games.

Some tips for infantry adjusting to multiplayer
  • Footwork and speed greatly influence the damage of your attacks. Poor speed usually results in a glancing blow that does very little damage, so remember to run forward or across an enemy while attacking.
  • Thrust is your best friend, it's faster and better ranged than the horizontal slices and easier to land than an overhead blow. If someone is charging you with any other directional attack prepped, thrusting is an easy kill.
  • Two hand swords currently draw back and swing faster than most other weapons, if you're using a one handed weapon or slow two hander block first or thrust to score quick hits.
  • Buying an upgraded shield and armor will keep you alive much longer, and the speed of cheap weapons puts the on level ground with the more expensive ones.
  • Pack a war spear or awl pike to kill charging cavalry easily with a thrust. Aim for the riders legs to hit weak armor and the horse at the same time. Also, remember to run forward for the damage bonus. It's almost unfair how easy it is once you get some practice.
  • When fighting against a good manual blocker, feinting (readying an attack and cancelling it with a right click) in different directions is key to landing hits.
  • Attack people as they change weapons, usually from a throwing to melee, to land a free hit.
  • Club with spike is a great choice when there aren't any swords available because it's still able to thrust. If you use it two handed (and maybe one handed?) it can result in knock downs for easy kills.
  • When holding a spear and shield, the only directional attack you can preform is a thrust. When fighting this combination take advantage by prepping your manual block ahead of time and find openings with feints.
  • Conversely, as the spear user you can holster your shield (default mouse wheel down) to open up other attacking directions.

I'm usually playing as Hannibal, feel free to grab me out of a battle or siege server to practice in deathmatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
New version .640 out, complete with texture bugs for everyone. Haven't seen a change log yet but everything is causing knockdown and its easier to kick with forward momentum. Hopefully they'll release a quickfix soon and a log with it.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Version .650 out with some major changes

quote:

Version 0.650 changes:
------------------------
It is now possible to stop attacks by parrying or blocking. Quickly pressing and releasing the right mouse button will trigger a parry, whereas holding it down will activate a block. Parrying at the right time will cause the attacker to be stunned longer giving the defender a longer window for a counter-attack. Parrying with a shield will also cause less damage to the shield. Currently, there is no seperate animation for parrying but it is still functional.

Chambering animation will also defend against a particular attack direction for a brief period:
Chamber right -> Defends against opponent's left to right attack.
Chamber left -> Defends against opponent's right to left attack.
Chamber overswing -> Defends against opponent's thrust attack.
Chamber thrust -> Defends against opponent's overswing attack.

Characters now use special running animations when ther upper-body is forced to rotate sideways because they are doing a particular attack animation.
Characters now go into "sprint" mode and run faster if you do not attack or defend for two seconds.
Some attack animations have been sped-up
Removed restriction on attack direction for horseback weapon thrusts.
Weapons now cause less damage when they connect to the target further down the shaft.
Couched lancing does less damage and kicks in at a higher speed.
Horses are now more likely to rear up when they are hit by spear thrusts.
Long axes can now be used as polearm by pressing the x key.
Welcome message added to admin panel options.
Game admins can now modify gold bonuses.
Many other fixes.

Best wishes,
-Taleworlds Team

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
So far the patch has been pretty well received although it has some bugs. Sprinting is great, Parrying is also in but with the same animation. The timing for the second swing is still extremely quick since swords have been sped us considerably. Vaegir archers can unleash scimitar spam like crazy.

The best new blocking system improvement is the chamber blocking that happens when you intercept in an incoming swing animation with the take-back of your swing in the same direction you'd normally block. This with an overhead swing against a spear thrust and has improved offense against turtling spear+shield users.

Current ridiculous bug: blocking with fists parries all melee attacks.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

JerseyMonkey posted:

Before the last patch, you could walk up to someone while your spear was in the 'ready' position, kick them to break their shield and stab for a kill. Now, it seems kicking has...delay on your attack. Ever since latest patch I haven't been able to find use. For those wondering how to kick, double tap 'w' to kick.

I've started using the short sword as my primary weapon, it attacks fast enough to follow up a kick even with the delay.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I've been playing this game way too much, if you have any questions I've probably got answers. One little known thing is the correct timing for chamber blocks. If someone runs at you holding their swing back, you'll chamber block them every time if you swing right when they start their forward swing.

I've done a lot of testing with superjumping too. Earlier today I found a spot to superjump onto the castle wall of the field by the river map. I took this video behind the wall - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3Qf3cRqpng

Probably the most important thing I've learned is the community is mostly mouth-breathing military historians with a hard on for rules. I'm ready to make a goony alt and have some fun wreaking havoc.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Posing on top of the wall at field by the river, superjumping is one a hell of a bug.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Dave Mustard posted:

The real problem is that they see it fit to include realistic friendly fire, except that in real life, i'm not so stupid or clumsy as to swing around like i'm chopping a tree if I know there are friends next to me. It also makes people afraid to get in formations because they know that they have to run around in circles and be nowhere near their teammates to not hit them. Unless the control system was somehow made sharper, and easier and quicker to use the attack you really wanted then it's pretty retarded to put in friendly fire.

The control system is easily responsive enough to include friendly fire, just use overhead or thrust attacks if an ally is in the arc of your horizontal swings (which are admittedly huge). A tight mob isn't the only formation possible, try sprinting around the enemy while someone else fights and kick them in the back or support with spear thrusts.

A little planning in a fight goes a long way, and no friendly fire removes any need to plan since you can charge as an axe spamming wall.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Dave Mustard posted:

No, not really. Considering that thrust is only available about less than half of the weapons you'd want in close combat (i.e. not a pike, spear or lance), you are limited to only the overhead attack. The overhead attack is the slowest attack in the game. Multiply that by the fact that most fights are won because of the ability to swing your attack into your opponent before his swing hits you, rather than because you're a better "fighter" or your weapon is faster. And your argument is pretty much crap.

The majority of times I closely or absolutely win in a fight, it's because my game is running properly so I can swing my mouse with my swing in order to hit my opponent first. This mechanic alone pretty much makes the overhand or thrust argument trash.

An axe swinging mob would dominate in real life too. It's statistics. If you have one man and he has to fight against two at the same time. The probability of him winning is and should be very low. That's one of the reasons formations are used, to maximize the numbers advantage that is lost when people split off and make themselves vulnerable. If two people can stand together closely enough that they can attack at the same opponent simultaneously, as they should be able to, then they can utilize the strength of formations. Which makes for a more realistic sense of warfare.

If somebody manages to do some sort of heroic poo poo it should be because he was smart and was able to maneuver his opponents so that they were split apart, so that the could fight them on by one, or that he was able to funnel his enemies into a tight space, so that they couldn't utilize their numbers advantage. (I.e. 300, conan the barbarian battle of the mounds, first blood)
Not because the game makes working with teammates a hindrance. That maneuver, planning and positioning is strategy, being afraid of your teammates because the controls are too clumsy for ff is not.

Aside from that, if you have to look up or downward to get the thrust or overhead attack options, you are possibly losing sight of your opponent in that time, and because you're waiting for the appropriate arrow to appear you're losing that small amount of time which is the difference between seeing your opponent lowering his shield to attack you or charging an attack and swinging.

I guess the real problem with your thinking is that you think people should play around the problems rather than fix them. I say it's a beta, and we ought to work toward making this game have the best combat possible.

If you're having trouble keeping track of the other player while moving your mouse up or down slightly, I don't know what to tell you. Overhead and thrust are the two strongest attack directions, if you think the game is about spamming faster maybe you should get acquainted with your block button.

I agree an axe swinging mob in real life would dominate but they also wouldn't swing into their teammates 7/10 times in the course of attacking. People that argue against friendly fire suggest a stun instead, but after playing the past few days in euro servers with shared stun, I've seen no decrease in spamming.

From everything you're saying I think you need to play more. I'd much rather show you in game than theorycraft battle you on the forum, whats your in-game name?

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
New patch,new faction!

Version 0.700 changes:
------------------------
Sarranid Sultanate is now functional in single and multi-player with new equipment and horses.
New, optimized, tree level-of-detail system.
New, dynamic texture load-on-demand system for better memory utilization.
Carrying multiple shields now has encumbrance penalties and makes one run slower.
The weapon you are carrying now has more effect on encumbrance. Using extra-heavy or extra-long weapons will make you run slower.
It is now harder to cause block-stuns unless you are doing an overhead or chambered attack.
Added "unbalanced" flag to heavy two-handed weapons, which gives them a brief delay to switch to defense, once an attack has been started.
Horse sounds are now played with relatively higher volume.
Horses are now less likely to rear when running into lone enemies.
Reduced the swing arc for melee friendly fire so it is now less likely to hit friends standing to the sides.
Force default armor is added as a multiplayer option
Allow player banners is added as a multiplayer option
New jumping/fall animation.
Fixed path calculation for horse-archer AI units.
Many other optimizations and bug-fixes.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Quick fix for .700 has been shipped out in the form of new patch .701

Version 0.701 changes:
------------------------
Fixed bug where the game couldn't join a server and reported "incorrect serial key" even though it was correct.
Fixed bug where closer sounds were cut off instead of further ones.
New config param to turn off texture load-on-demand system.
Fixes to Sarranid equipment problems.
Many other bug fixes.

Hopefully this fixed the broken ladders, probably the most annoying bug for me since I enjoy platforming so much.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Unzip and Attack posted:

All you have to do (assuming the horseman is coming at you from the front and you see him) is sidestep at the last second, preferably to your right. The lance has very little lateral movement when couching, and the game does the correct thing by not allowing a couched lance to pass through the horse's neck if a defender moves to the horseman's left. Doing this will totally wreck a horseman's style.

If they are stabbing with the lance/spear that's even easier - simply block or parry their first strike and counter with a spear to the horse's chest.

Really the only thing I have trouble with is the mechanic that when a horse bumps a defender, that defender is stunned and defenseless for a few seconds. A good cavalry player will exploit this by having an attack ready to go while you are stunned, and there's nothing you can do about it - the horse doesn't even have to be charging so if they are really good they can do this multiple times while circling you. The best defense against this is attacking the horse's head or chest.

This will work 70% of the time but the better players will fade the horse to follow you. One step better is to strafe in one direction then reverse directions in the last couple seconds. If they try to fade with you still you can let them do a couple runs past you where you don't do the last minute direction change, to throw off their timing before your actual kill attempt.

I love multiplayer because being godly in combat boils down to manual block ability, out-predicting people and range control.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Mandrill posted:

I hate the 2 hander spam though. Seems like If a guy is just drilling you with strikes and you keep blocking them, theres no way to turn it around and get him back, you can only stay on the defensive> I wish kicks stunned guys a bit longer, by the time you recover from the animation and start your swing, the guy you kicked is already ready too.

I'd say keep backpedaling, if they follow you for a while you can kick them; if they allow a gap try time your approach right when the blade passes you and go in swinging. The easiest way to time your kickslash perfectly is to hold forward while kicking, the instant your character starts moving after the kick you can release your swing without it cancelling.

I wish I had money to buy a copy rather than theorycraft on the forums.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Ashrik posted:

Do people really use kicks effectively? They seem like such a silly waste to me unless your opponent is just holding block and not doing anything else at all.

Kicking was godly in the pre-release version, recently it was changed where the kick starts at the full extension of the animation as opposed to throughout. Still, backpedal baiting or a well-timed unexpected kick in battle is a good way to take down a shield user that waits for the sound of a block before releasing.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I'm getting back into the swing of multiplayer, I went 39-1 in a full ATS battle server. Is anyone interested in tagging up as lljk?

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
The ATS vent is always open if you'd like to congregate there in a goon only channel. It should work fine as long as admin sass is minimal.

Vent info - chi4.ugt-servers.com : 31867

What servers do you guys play in most often? I'm usually in ATS battle (64 players) or dueling to warm up / practice. I'd love to get more organized with any goons playing, I think we need a list of in-game names so we can recognize each other easier. I play as Hannibal_ATS, if you see me in game yell in chat and we can roll some peasants.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I love warband native multiplayer but after the first few thousand rounds, I want some advancement or customization for my character. I haven't been playing due to moving but now I'm playing catch up in cRPG and it's great. I'm going 2hand and throwing weapons with an athletics/weaponmaster build as Hannibal_ats.

What weapons are other 2handers using? My first was the basic 2hand axe and now I'm using the longsword - are the swords like the blade of tears worth it? I'm saving for khergit lamellar to upgrade from light leather. I cant wait to stop dying to polearms in one blow and to start killing archers with some throwing spears.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
We need more goons on cRPG. The mod is easily the most advanced code-wise and the developer is continually finding new ways to use commands that no other modders have touched.

In case you haven't heard, cRPG ties your computer and serial key to any characters you enter the server with for persistent leveling and buying equipment like singleplayer. You gain xp and gold for being within a certain radius of a friendly killing an enemy. The low levels are frustrating but around 15 you can start consistently killing, around 20 you can get 3-4 kills a round and 25ish and above is like rampaging with your singleplayer character in multiplayer. The best part is being able to specialize and create the character you want.

Regardless of whether or not you like cRPG style battles, the spinoff mod Strategus is going to be amazing and demands a strong goon presence. The mod turns the warband singleplayer map into a multiplayer browser ticket system where players can allocate resources and make moves ala RISK, and fight the resulting battles in a dedicated strategus server at a certain time with their cRPG characters. Clans are already lining up with pitiful alliances but a solid goon rush would easily make us the largest US clan.

I know Vatek and PhantomZero are US cRPG goons, who else is playing and whats your build?

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

quote:

Level 27

Strength 15
Agility 19

Two Handed 142 [5 WPF cost]
Throwing 100

Ironflesh 0
Power Strike 5
Shield 0
Athletics 6
Riding 2
Horse Archery 0
Power Draw 0
Power Throw 5
Weapon master * 6
I'm just like you Vatek except I throw javelins of death.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

xzzy posted:

Then what do you do to get better? Spam back and pray?

Get in a one swing one block exchange and then either feint or hold your swing for an extra second. If that doesn't work, try outranging them and swinging twice or falling in on their swing.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

elephantelbow posted:

Checking in. Figure this would be a good time to get some feedback before I get too invested in this character.

After playing for awhile tonight I got the impression that I'd be better off scraping this guy entirely and starting fresh, if that's the case any pointers on what to do "right"(as far as being an archer goes) would be appreciated. I think I understand the basics somewhat(grab weaponmaster for mucho wpf) but I've got no clue as to what kind of Agi/Str spread I should shoot for, if Riding/Horse Archery are even viable, should I even invest points into some type for melee as a backup option, etc.

That looks like a great start, raise your power draw twice immediately. Ironflesh was probably a wasted point, as the +2 hp per level only really helps if you get to heavy armor. You're probably going to want to raise str to 15 to get some power draw for maximum damage, do that by raising str to 12, then agi 15, then str 15. After that you can make the call whether you'd like better aim (more agility / weapon proficiency) or power. Also, power strike shouldn't be overlooked if you want to be a polearm / archer of death like ashiela.

Some important mechanics for archers to keep in mind:
  • Each point in powerdraw reduces your accuracy by 5% or so.
  • You get the max accuracy / damage bonus from using a bow with a power draw requirement THREE LESS than your current skill
  • Your weapon proficiency is decreased by the weight of armor as follows (WPP - (1x body armor + 2x gloves + 3x helm + 1x boots))
  • not for archers only but riding and horse archery can be raised once every 6 agi points, its probably better to pump the skills into powerstrike, maybe 1 point into riding

As a general leveling guide, all characters will probably want to raise their agility and strength fairly evenly early on so you can use equipment and have some proficiency to do it with. Weaponmaster is the one skill that every class will get, proficiency is amazingly important. Item upgrades should generally be a decent low - mid level weapon, body armor, helm in that order. Pay attention to the difficulty tag on your desired endgame items- for bows its powerdraw requirement, power throw for throwing, str for everything else. Converting skills to attributes should only be done if you're pumping in to 4 main skills. Any melee character can use a crossbow with no additional skill points spent, as it requires str. Don't spread yourself between more than 2 proficiencies.

Just to say it again....if you are starting out, you will die, a lot. Stick with it and you'll see that even as an archer, once you get 5 points into your power x skill even the heavy armored knights will go down to you.

e: i'm on a roll with the new page posts.

Mongoose fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 31, 2010

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Octal posted:

I looked around to see some references on this and he's wrong it increases accuracy, not decreases it. Unless it's a bizarre bug.

I'm asking around to see if I can get more info, but he's most likely wrong about it decreasing.

Edit: I confirmed from the unofficial chat that it RAISES accuracy.

Edit 2:
To make it easier on the eye I modified a chatlog into a post.

You are aware that I was talking about cRPG not native, right? Chadz changed a lot of the skill mechanics and yes you lose accuracy for higher pd, wpf for armor/helms/gloves/boots. Also, Gatts is correct on the power draw accuracy increase

Mongoose fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 1, 2010

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
In my next generation of Hannibal I'm going to go 1hand, polearms and pack a sniper crossbow for maximum strategus and crpg domination. In any battle with poorly selected helmets (<30 def) I'm going to bop heads for one hit kills and survive with shield skills.

That is my story of the best possible build (if you're consistent with melee headshots).

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Mongoose_ats is born and level 15. I heirloomed an iron staff, maybe not the best idea considering it costs 5k x generation level to retire, but it'll own in another 2 generations.

Vatek, I'm probably going to end up using my staff, bec de Corbin and sword and board. I'll rethink my loadout if I get a horse of course.

I'm supposed to be coming up with a map rotation but I'm lazy. If you guys want to help feel free to post an outline for me to tweak

E: and I'm was still getting a 3-1 ratio consistently at level 12 with weak equipment, some of those against knights.

Mongoose fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 8, 2010

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I think everyone is overestimating how much retirement is going to affect balance. A couple extra damage points on a weapon is cool but for 2handers and polearms the strength requirement goes +2 for each retirement- no one is going to end up with a +5 bec de corbin unless they have 24 strength. The cost scale alone is a huge cash sink since we have yet to see if it doubles or increases by 5k each time.

In any case, mount and blade has always been about skill. If you can block and fight well, you aren't going to get hit by poopxsocker's morningstar of doom.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Buff Butler posted:

Don't be absurd. I've never seen anyone wearing the starter gear survive a 1vs1 contest with a guy in platemail/boulder on a stick. I don't care how good you are, you're going to get raped in a mismatch like that.

Then don't retire and you won't be wearing starting gear? My point is boulder on a stick +1 is still going to kill you in 2-3 hits just like a normal boulder on a stick, and they have to spend attribute points in a suboptimal way to be able to use it.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Crpg players burning out on the 120 man server- the fighting in the 80 man is way less of a rape mob and the game doesn't have any of the monster number slowdown that shows up on the 120. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I was gaining exp much faster as well.

I'd recommend everyone try it for a map or two.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Vatek you need to come play in vent with us, it makes the cRPG environment 100x more fun. Also buy a big gay horse and go 1hand + shield, you're a good enough fighter to destroy the scrub spammers which make up about 70% of players.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Nothing will ever beat the old CRPG experience for me. Outsmarting and demolishing tens of people in close range melee is my favorite PvP experience ever. Then again, I was a no-life 2000hr+ player by the end of it.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Buller posted:

I imagine you as a spinning pike user.

I played as Hannibal. Me and my friend BigSandwich were both speed warspear users, circle strafing people and stunlocking them. But I had all types of characters...cav lancer Megatron, horse archer optimus prime, mallet user stop_______hammertime, throwing weapons OK, one hander dead pirate bro, two hander wizbiz...truly a great time.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I'm playing nonstop TDM in NA multiplayer as Hannibro. Say hello to BigSandwich and me if you're in our server!

PS on multiplayer the Empire faction's Menavlion Infantry class (the second class) has a spear with completely broken sideswing damage. Take improved armor as the first upgrade then run around and one tap people for 100 damage. It's a whole lot of fun and should definitely get patched out of the game.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
If you want to be a medieval sperglord this guy has some good videos on the mechanical changes in combat from warband to bannerlord - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bTJTnFxQR4

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Pharnakes posted:

I just reall really want to be able to hold down block and then choose the direction. Am I in a corona fever dream or was that not how manual block worked in the first games?

It's the corona. For blocking direction you should start by moving your mouse cleanly in the direction then pressing block during that movement. If you made a mistake, you can flick the mouse again and release + repress the block button quickly to change it. For a basic practice try cycling through your blocks in a set pattern like left block -> right block -> up block -> down block (repeat forever). It should get you up to speed pretty quickly.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Voyager I posted:

One thing that's loving me right now with directional blocking is tying it into footwork. When someone comes at me with an overhead, I naturally try to sidestep while also tracking them with my camera. Of course, this mouse movement sets my block direction to whatever side I'm moving, which isn't great if the attack ends up connecting.

The overhead block input also seems easily overridden into a side block input by some horizontal mouse movement. I think the lower vertical than horizontal sensitivity scaling is causing that to some extent.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Played Captain mode in multiplayer last night. It's a fun change of pace from TDM, Siege and Skirmish. It's 6 players vs 6 players and each player can command a squad of units with 7-24ish troops depending on the troop tier. When you die you can press F and take over the body of one of your remaining units. There's an A / B / C zone to hold on each map, but the main tactical play is commanding and positioning your troops well with your teammates to execute flanks or catch enemy squads that are out of position. If you're a single player main but want to run practice battles with a bunch of different troop types, I'd really recommend checking it out.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
Here's a guide to commanding, turn on subtitles or work on your French- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJI2_3qPc8

Key points are probably F3-F2 to have your guys raise their shields. They'll hold that position or you can move them forward and they'll keep their shields up. Be careful not to die though; even one or two enemies can easily take down a shield wall if they work their way down the length fighting 2v1 while your men dutifully hold the line, and you can't change the order while you're dead.

Holding F1 or one of the number keys (1, 2, 3, 0 etc) and drawing the line is also extremely useful.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
I can't speak for armor in single player but in multiplayer it makes a huge difference. With a sword you can one-hit a peasant in the head or two hit their body, but an armored class takes ~5 hits to the body and ~3 to the head.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

if you tell infantry to "advance" they'll keep formation

if you tell foot archers to "advance", they'll skirmish, firing off ranged weapons and moving away. If in this mode they get charged themselves, they'll switch to melee weapons.

if you tell cav archers to "charge", they'll circle the enemy counterclockwise firing arrows into them. If you tell cav archers to "advance", they'll charge up in front of the enemy, fire off arrows, and then retread.

if you tell regular cav to "charge", they'll blast through enemy formations, keep going, turn around, and do it again. If you tell regular cav to "advance", they'll charge in and stay in melee combat.

Also there's a bunch of rare units hanging out in the small subfaction/clan parties roaming the map. People have found units like Sword Sisters, and someone found a T4 infantry armed with only a shortsword, some shoulder armor, some sandals, and 300 bow skill for some reason lol

Great info, I wasn't sure what worked for the horse archers so I was just putting them in F3-F7 column formation and leading them around. This should help a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
There are some cool horse movement abilities that weren't in warband -- https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/fvl8wj/how_to_strafe_rear_boost_and_hard_brake_horse/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x