Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uetgOn_tUI

A Pretty awesome remake of the original track by Erol alkan and Boys Noize, its ridiculously good and addictive to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xesis
Jul 11, 2002

Muttonchop posted:

http://theelectrowars.com/

though not out yet.

Hah I'd like to know who the 19 year old producer from Charlotte is that surprised Aoki. Only dude here that I know of that has sent Aoki stuff that Aoki plays out is 31 years old and has his tracks ghostwritten.

MzKzM
Sep 16, 2007

Just checked out the new Foamo mix on Kiss 100, and I really like this new Destroy Disco track. Seems like more and more producers are starting to copy Jack Beats wobbly signature style (Foamo himself being one of them, his remix of Hey! is a total JB knockoff)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A93mfw6qjPI

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Xesis posted:

Hah I'd like to know who the 19 year old producer from Charlotte is that surprised Aoki. Only dude here that I know of that has sent Aoki stuff that Aoki plays out is 31 years old and has his tracks ghostwritten.

names, naaaaaames!

also dont have on the dudes that are just north or south of 30 ;)

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Hey maybe this belongs here, maybe in the local thread. Anyway

NYE for MSTRKRFT @ Webster - tickets are between $75 (general admission) and $175 (silver ticket.) After hours (post 2:30) tickets only $65.

We really want to go and see the headliner. Get dancy, see MSTRKRFT and then maybe take a train home, or something like that. I think they go on during the post-2:30 thing which goes to 8:00. Haven't fleshed out most of the details. Hotels sure will be expensive though, poo poo.

So, does anyone know if there's anything we can do? Really only heard about this a couple of days ago - kicking myself. Is there any way for us to see these guys without shelling $200+ each?

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Well, I found the detailed ticket price list and it looks like the more expensive options only cover extras, like champagne or open bar. Not really interested in that.
So i guess my new question - how soon did these sell out last year, and will the first to sell out be the cheaper, "after-hours" tickets? We still might go, it's just the lodging situation is a bitch.

Ever since we went to Gay Halloween night at Gotham Citi in New Haven, the best night ever, I want to go dancing with my girl again.

Nice tracks, trill rear end

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.

Man vs Child posted:

Everything he's done lately has been great. I took this La Roux remix from his Sounds of Summer 09 mix because it isn't available anywhere else to listen to, it's an easy going guitar mix that is nothing like his other work.

remembers me of skreams mix and I actually prefer that one alot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq5GdutCRo8
awesome!

Cyril Sneer posted:

I definitely meant Digitalism. Pogo is a real standout; all the rest of their stuff falls pretty flat IMO.

I really really like Zdarlight and the other tracks are pretty solid, also the live experience Digitalism rocks :)
But lets see their new album should drop soon anyhow.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I've recently started listening to a lot of french electronic music, such as Danger, Justice, Kavinsky and Data. I was wondering what genre they fall into? Also what other artists would I enjoy if I like their sound?

I really quite like Danger, especially 88:88 and 00:01 off his 09/16 2007 EP. I found Cross by Justice to be pretty great all round. Kavinsky was good, or rather the Sebastian remix of testarossa overdrive was, the rest was pretty boring.

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

Pyr0 posted:

I've recently started listening to a lot of french electronic music, such as Danger, Justice, Kavinsky and Data. I was wondering what genre they fall into? Also what other artists would I enjoy if I like their sound?

I really quite like Danger, especially 88:88 and 00:01 off his 09/16 2007 EP. I found Cross by Justice to be pretty great all round. Kavinsky was good, or rather the Sebastian remix of testarossa overdrive was, the rest was pretty boring.

"House Electro" to shoehorn it. To throw out some recommendations: Boys Noize, Proxy, The Toxic Avenger, LA Riots, Bloody Beetroots. Start with those, especially Boys Noize- it's a good intro into the genre after you hear Justice and bands like that.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Law 54: If a house collapses, and the owners hamster should die, the builders hamster shall be put to death.

Pyr0 posted:

This kind of music has been called French Touch, electro, and electro-house, but I don't like any of those names because electro is the name of another genre as well, and electro-house is also used to refer to stuff like David Guetta and Benny Benassi, which although it has some similarities is its own distinct sound.

Other artists you might like are Boys Noize, Digitalism, Simian Mobile Disco, Mr. Oizo, Revolte, Bag Raiders, Miami Horror, Russ Chimes, and MSTRKRFT. Some of the artists I just listed are pretty different from each other (Boys Noize and Russ Chimes?) but they're all similar in some way to at least one of the artists you mentioned.

Muttonchop
Jul 12, 2008

MzKzM posted:

Just checked out the new Foamo mix on Kiss 100, and I really like this new Destroy Disco track. Seems like more and more producers are starting to copy Jack Beats wobbly signature style (Foamo himself being one of them, his remix of Hey! is a total JB knockoff)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A93mfw6qjPI

I think everyone's grandmother has been copying Hostage's style for that past year. Everywhere you turn - it's wobble this and fidget that. Ai ai ai!
I do dig the fact that a lot of it is not straight up house, but throws in breaks and dubstep too.
But for the most part, LFO wobbles are the new sidechain.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
Alright i've been working all this week on getting my blog ready to go full time. I've set up what essentially is a youtube listening station on blogspot, at http://curbcheckyouhavethecon.blogspot.com It's all bangers and bloghouse and nu-disco. The major feature is the extensive song list i've got set up, just click and you'll be taken to a page to hear the track. You'll probably end up seeing these tracks in this thread.

Now as for some tracks, a bunch of remixes for Polygon Palace - Tokyo Getaway were released.

Polygon Palace - Tokyo Getaway (Cryptonites Remix) <-- my personal favourite
Polygon Palace - Tokyo Getaway (Wild Turkeys Remix) <-- never heard of him before but this is crazy
Polygon Palace - Tokyo Getaway (Tornado Wallace Remix)
Polygon Palace - Tokyo Getaway (CSK OK Remix) <-- also very good

Polygon Palace - Tokyo Getaway and here's a copy of the original for reference. Very feel good.

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body
Man Vs Child, you have no idea how much better you have made this all-night addie cram-sesh poo poo show by not only posting those Polygon Palace tracks, but also your blog...I'm literally just going down this list while I crank out this paper and cram for this final. :)

MzKzM
Sep 16, 2007

Muttonchop posted:

I think everyone's grandmother has been copying Hostage's style for that past year. Everywhere you turn - it's wobble this and fidget that. Ai ai ai!
I do dig the fact that a lot of it is not straight up house, but throws in breaks and dubstep too.
But for the most part, LFO wobbles are the new sidechain.

I don't understand why you'd point to Hostage as the place of origin though, I definitely think Jack Beats (and to a certain extent Foamo) have had the largest parts in fusing fidget with dubstep. Look at their edits of Where's My Money (and Foamo's edit of In For The Kill). I might be biased because I think Jack Beats' release on Cheap Thrills was the best release of the year while Hostage basically hasn't done anything worthwhile in '09.

Muttonchop
Jul 12, 2008

MzKzM posted:

I don't understand why you'd point to Hostage as the place of origin though, I definitely think Jack Beats (and to a certain extent Foamo) have had the largest parts in fusing fidget with dubstep. Look at their edits of Where's My Money (and Foamo's edit of In For The Kill). I might be biased because I think Jack Beats' release on Cheap Thrills was the best release of the year while Hostage basically hasn't done anything worthwhile in '09.

I didn't mean to imply that omg, Hostage invented wobble/fidget. It just seemed to me that he's been around longer than most of the other guys, in terms of releasing his own stuff.
With Jack Beats, I always feel like his remixes are better than his original tracks. UFO EP wasn't bad, but wasn't spectacular. It seems like AC Slater is better at this game.

As for Hostage, he just released Valhalla EP on Nightshifters (one of my favorite new labels this year), though I've only had a chance to check 2 tracks off of it so far.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Went to see the Pet Shop Boys in Glasgow last night.

First band was Unicorn Kid, a local hipster-nerd-looking teenager doing dancey retro commodore 64 music. Didn't seem to appeal to much of the audience but he was good fun, just not what most people were there for.

Second band was Bad Lieutenant, the group Bernard Sumner formed out of the ashes of New Order. Their own music was a bit far from my taste, guitary rock stuff, but luckily they only played a couple of tracks of that (which only really went down well with That Guy At A Gig Who Really Really Digs The Support). People went pretty wild as th ey played a few New Order tracks (Bizarre Love Triangle, Temptation and another one) as well as Love Will Tear Us Apart and Out Of Control. I was pretty happy, since I never got the chance to see New Order before they broke up and they were really good versions of their tracks.

The Pet Shop Boys themselves were incredible - Neil Tennant was charismatic and great, choreography for the backing dancers was really clever in a few places, Chris Lowe busted out some funky dance and the stage set design was really neat, since it was all big boxes be moved around between and even during songs. The audience was a mix of gay couples reminiscing about back in the day, 30something women going crazy for the big popular tracks and a sprinkling of younger hipsters with ironic haircuts.

Unlike Erasure, who I saw in 2007, the Pet Shop Boys have actual good recent albums - the Erasure crowd pretty much went silent every time a newer track was played, but the songs from the last two PSB albums went down a treat last night.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp

Tualek posted:

Man Vs Child, you have no idea how much better you have made this all-night addie cram-sesh poo poo show by not only posting those Polygon Palace tracks, but also your blog...I'm literally just going down this list while I crank out this paper and cram for this final. :)

Thanks for the encouragement, poo poo like this is exactly why I do it and exactly why I wanted a new thread just for us to find and discover great fuckin' music for eachother. As always, expect a lot more from me.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
:britain: I Love London! :woop: I Love London! :woop: I Love London! :britain:
Actually, I can't really stand the original mix, but

there are remixes!

The good boys at Kitsuné have put out some remixes for I Love London! by Crystal Fighters (who are currently on lockdown in studio with and upcoming release) the 80kidz one has to be my favourite.

Crystal Fighters - I Love London (Qoso Remix)
Crystal Fighters - I Love London (Lorcan Max Remix)
Crystal Fighters - I Love London (In Flagranti Dub)
Crystal Fighters - I Love London (Brackles Remix)
Crystal Fighters - I Love London (80kidz Remix)

shit
Jun 4, 2009
yea i can't stand the original either

Apolis
Mar 4, 2004

i won $20 last night because some dude refused to believe tik tok wasn't by uffie

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
Woo, the set I spun tonight went pretty drat well so i've got it up for download. I think most of you should like this.

curbcheckkk - Maisonblog

01. Plaisir de France - Le Responsible (reviste)
02. Dre Skull - I Want You (AC Slater Remix)
03. Ellie Goulding - Under the Sheets (Jeuce Rework)
04. Mille - Crysteena (Justin Faust Remix)
05. Arcade Eden - Black Light (I Haunt Wizards Remix)
06. Calling In Sick - Fun Punch (Calling In Sick Remix)
07. Polygon Palace - Tokyo Getaway (Cryptonites Remix)
08. Cinnamon Chasers - I Like Watching You (Diamond Cut Remix)
09. The Boxer Rebellion - Semi-Automatic (Suds and Soda Clash Up)
10. Digitalism - Taken Away (Popular Damage Assimilation)
11. Edwin van Cleef - Overtaken (Mille Remix)
12. The Tough Alliance - Neo Violence (Shazam Remix)
13. The Golden Filter - Thunderbird Villa Remix)
14. College - Can You Kiss Me First (1928 Remix)

Just over an hour of nu-disco and electrohouse. realdude mix. Hope someone enjoys because I had a hell of a time making it.

download link here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kzltndnzyyy

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Man vs Child posted:

Woo, the set I spun tonight went pretty drat well so i've got it up for download. I think most of you should like this.

curbcheckkk - Maisonblog

01. Plaisir de France - Le Responsible (reviste)
02. Dre Skull - I Want You (AC Slater Remix)
03. Ellie Goulding - Under the Sheets (Jeuce Rework)
05. Arcade Eden - Black Light (I Haunt Wizards Remix)
06. Calling In Sick - Fun Punch (Calling In Sick Remix)
07. Polygon Palace - Tokyo Getaway (Cryptonites Remix)
08. Cinnamon Chasers - I Like Watching You (Diamond Cut Remix)
09. The Boxer Rebellion - Semi-Automatic (Suds and Soda Clash Up)
10. Digitalism - Taken Away (Popular Damage Assimilation)
11. Edwin van Cleef - Overtaken (Mille Remix)
12. The Tough Alliance - Neo Violence (Shazam Remix)
13. The Golden Filter - Thunderbird Villa Remix)
14. College - Can You Kiss Me First (1928 Remix)

Just over an hour of nu-disco and electrohouse. realdude mix. Hope someone enjoys because I had a hell of a time making it.

download link here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kzltndnzyyy

Appreciate this heaps, going to check this out.

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.
finally after missing him 2 times in a year .. Boys Noize tonight! :)

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp

vossi posted:

finally after missing him 2 times in a year .. Boys Noize tonight! :)

Prepare to be loving ROCKED. I've caught him a few times in montreal and toronto and they were some of the most bangin' great times i've had. He throws it down like mad.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Went to see the Pet Shop Boys in Glasgow last night.

First band was Unicorn Kid, a local hipster-nerd-looking teenager doing dancey retro commodore 64 music. Didn't seem to appeal to much of the audience but he was good fun, just not what most people were there for.

Second band was Bad Lieutenant, the group Bernard Sumner formed out of the ashes of New Order. Their own music was a bit far from my taste, guitary rock stuff, but luckily they only played a couple of tracks of that (which only really went down well with That Guy At A Gig Who Really Really Digs The Support). People went pretty wild as th ey played a few New Order tracks (Bizarre Love Triangle, Temptation and another one) as well as Love Will Tear Us Apart and Out Of Control. I was pretty happy, since I never got the chance to see New Order before they broke up and they were really good versions of their tracks.

The Pet Shop Boys themselves were incredible - Neil Tennant was charismatic and great, choreography for the backing dancers was really clever in a few places, Chris Lowe busted out some funky dance and the stage set design was really neat, since it was all big boxes be moved around between and even during songs. The audience was a mix of gay couples reminiscing about back in the day, 30something women going crazy for the big popular tracks and a sprinkling of younger hipsters with ironic haircuts.

Unlike Erasure, who I saw in 2007, the Pet Shop Boys have actual good recent albums - the Erasure crowd pretty much went silent every time a newer track was played, but the songs from the last two PSB albums went down a treat last night.

I'm jealous. I'd love to see PSB live. One thing thats great about them, as you mentioned, is that their new stuff is quite good. This is in contrast to many other acts from that era who are still producing music that pretty much sucks now.
(Duran Duran, A-Ha, Depeche Mode: I'm looking at all of you)

On the other hand, I have seen New Order live. Temptation is probably one of my all-time favourite songs.

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

What are some good albums? Time frame doesn't really matter, nor does it matter if it's just "a collection of singles", I just want some electro\house music. I like stuff like Melee Beats' LGB, Danger, and Far och son.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Bloody beetroots ROMBORAMA was recently released. House n*84 is a recommended track.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 20, 2009

pelswick
Jul 29, 2006

i dont care about report card
I ONLY CARE ABOUT GUITAR

incoherent posted:

Synths? How about some smooth funk synths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TYf_qrw2WQ

The official soundtrack for a small section of LA in southern california.

drat I like this guy. thanks.

Man vs Child posted:

First up is something for my synth pals, Tycho. He's an IDM (god I hate that term) artist from San Fran.

Why don't you listen to actual Boards of Canada?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEmaj9C6ko&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sY6sK_tlKA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ybN2claKo&feature=related

pelswick fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 20, 2009

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp

Oh of course I already do, I have their whole discography as i'm sure many of you do.

However, I have some tracks from mine and everyone's favourite Leonardus. This little dutch bastard knows french filter house and he knows it loving good. I consider him the current standard on what is french filter house and he is virtually unparalleled. The best thing about him is that he loves releasing poo poo free, including these two new tracks!

Leonardus - Discotizer
Leonardus - Everything is Disco

You can also check out his freely released EP, Womanizer here: http://www.mediafire.com/?n02zmkjngyn

Disco will never die :colbert:

edit: Oh and there is a new The Sound Of Arrows remix by Mille that just came out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwbEdYKV6Ho after just releasing Crysteena this is really good too.

Man vs Child fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 20, 2009

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.

Man vs Child posted:

Prepare to be loving ROCKED. I've caught him a few times in montreal and toronto and they were some of the most bangin' great times i've had. He throws it down like mad.

holy poo poo this was mad! 2,5 hours set, played everything you could wish for (Power, bangers from Oi, Waves/Deathsuite) and the club was loving packed (was overcrowded, people where moshing like mad to get any space) and he ended the set with Phil Collins in the Air Tonight remix, which is basically the normal song up until the drum solo and then some "teschno" as he'd call it :D

song of the night: kontakt me - didn't like it that much on the album but fuuuuck does it sound great played out loud!

lovely cell pic:
Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

if you have the chance - go loving see him!

PhonyMcRingRing
Jun 6, 2002

pelswick posted:

Why don't you listen to actual Boards of Canada?

I think Tycho sounds closer to Ulrich Schnauss than he does Boards of Canada.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp
Alright so since i'm poor as hell for christmas I gave everyone a little mix I did, and now i'm passing it on to you!

Tracklist:
01. La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy (Jack Beats Remix)
02. ProCon - Delia (Edwin Van Cleef Remix)
03. PNAU - Embrace (Fredrick Carlsson Epic Remix)
05. The Infadels - Love Like Semtex (Fear Of Tigers Remix)
06. MSTRKRFT - Heartbreaker (Three Fingers Remix)
07. Miike Snow - Animal (Fake Blood Remix)
08. Digitalfoxglove feat. Freak You - Beasts & Flowers
09. Leonardus - Discotizer
10. Drop The Lime - Devil's Eyes (Classixx's B-live mix)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RD5KWHNA

and yup that's my cat, his name is Darwin.

Man vs Child fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 21, 2009

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
The Twelves just did a two hour essential mix for Radio 1. It's a really fun mix. I can't wait to play it next time I'm partying. Check it out:

http://www.ilictronix.com/2009/12/twelves-essential-mix_20.html

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Man vs Child posted:

However, I have some tracks from mine and everyone's favourite Leonardus. This little dutch bastard knows french filter house and he knows it loving good. I consider him the current standard on what is french filter house and he is virtually unparalleled.

Really? The other thread went crazy over his other release, and I don't really hear what everyone is so hyped up about. Its super tracky disco, similar to the onslaught of tracky disco house that came out in like 03-04. I think artists like His Majestry Andre at least have a little flavor to their disco, this just sounds so cookie cutter. I'm all for that usually, but this is so blah

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp

melee beats posted:

Really? The other thread went crazy over his other release, and I don't really hear what everyone is so hyped up about. Its super tracky disco, similar to the onslaught of tracky disco house that came out in like 03-04. I think artists like His Majestry Andre at least have a little flavor to their disco, this just sounds so cookie cutter. I'm all for that usually, but this is so blah

Well the only thing is is that I think your french house disco is also very good, so I can't pass judgement. Maybe virtually unparalleled is the wrong term.

dj bobby bieber
Oct 9, 2003

the fanciest whale

Man vs Child posted:

Well the only thing is is that I think your french house disco is also very good, so I can't pass judgement. Maybe virtually unparalleled is the wrong term.

I don't mean to come off in a "I make disco I am the judge of all good things disco" type of manner, I think I've just heard a lot (I truly love disco and disco house) and it seems a little meh. Maybe I just don't have the attention span anymore for tracky disco :[

e: and thanks for the compliment :)

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body

melee beats posted:

I don't mean to come off in a "I make disco I am the judge of all good things disco" type of manner, I think I've just heard a lot (I truly love disco and disco house) and it seems a little meh. Maybe I just don't have the attention span anymore for tracky disco :[

e: and thanks for the compliment :)
Speaking of. Melee Beats, you got any recommendations for some need-to-listen disco and disco house artists out there...being from a younger generation, this isn't something I'm really to in touch with and honestly, disco is something I'm exposed to with the house tracks coming out these days. The connection between between the two fascinates me, and it's a part of dance music history that I need to listen to more.

I know disco/disco house is a huge loving category but any jumping off point is enough. Also that loving Top 25 House list you put together has such a special place on my ipod (cause it's always on repeat)

Speaking of disco, Herve and Trevor Lovey have a new track out. "Check Out Your Groove" on Beatport. You can hear the full version on Herve's myspace. It's pretty much the same thing. I like the little extra vocals on the myspace version though

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp

Tualek posted:

Speaking of. Melee Beats, you got any recommendations for some need-to-listen disco and disco house artists out there...being from a younger generation, this isn't something I'm really to in touch with and honestly, disco is something I'm exposed to with the house tracks coming out these days. The connection between between the two fascinates me, and it's a part of dance music history that I need to listen to more.

Some compilations you may wish to check out done by Dimitri From Paris, an old school frenchhouse artist with a love for disco. There's much more out there for discohouse but the following comps from him are great starting points for getting in to disco and discohouse.

Night Dubbin'
Cocktail Disco
Super Disco Friends
Disco Forever The Sound Of Underground Disco, Compiled By Dimitri From Paris

Disco forever is absolutely fantastic. There are tracks on it that even I was completely unaware of, his compilations are a must have.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I absolutely love ATB. Too bad nobody ever talks about him :( guess he isn't very famous. Or not, I have no idea.

Some songs:

Hold You - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av37iuAbhNI
9 PM (one of the many remixes) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke8jkogx63M&feature=related

Elentor fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 22, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmyJazz
May 22, 2007
hes extremely famous, but its just tired generic trance