Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
NAPT

Since I haven't seen anyone post about them thus far in the thread, I'd like to share my personal favorite duo NAPT! In 2009 the won Best Breaks Track in the Beatport Music Awards 2009 and four different awards at Breakspoll 2009! Relatively new (last two years) DJ group from my understanding and definitely caught my attention really putting their own spin on electro-breaks.

Listen to the mix here

Tracklist for: NAPT - Live In the Mix 2009

1. NAPT ft Louise Marshall “Make My Day” (Funkatech Records CDR) - EXCLUSIVE NAPT
2. Basement Jaxx “Raindrops” NAPT Edit (XL Recordings)
3. Drumattic Twins “Crazy Love” Peo de Pitte Remix (Fingerlickin’)
4. Slyde “Frequency” NAPT Remix (Fingerlickin’)
5. NAPT “Gotta Have More Cowbell” (Funkatech Records)
6. Beat Assassins ft Sweetie Irie “Boom Style” (MOFO)
7. Kaz James ft Macy Gray “Cant Hold Back” Luke Chable & TV Rock Remix, NAPT Edit
8. Alex Metric “Shirley You Can’t Be Serious” NAPT Edit (Marine Parade)
9. Phonat “Get Down My Dirty Street” NAPT Edit (Mofo Hifi)
10. Shadow Dancer “Together” NAPT Edit (XLR8R)
11. Deekline & Wizard ft Yolanda “Back Up Coming Through” NAPT Edit (Against The Grain)
12. Adam Freeland “Under Control” NAPT Edit (Marine Parade)
13. NAPT “Beats And Rhymes” (Funkatech Records)
14. Plump DJ’s “Shifting Gears” Stanton Warriors Remix, NAPT Giros Pjanoo Edit (Fingerlickin’)
15. Pyramid ft IC3 “Wickedest Combination” NAPT Edit (Funkatech Records)
16. Jack Beats ft Dynamite MC vs Plump DJ's “What Cow” NAPT Edit (Cheaper Thrills/Fingerlickin’)
17. Peo Haggstrom “Be My Baby” Peo De Pitte Remix (Flatout Records)
18. Calvertron vs Banga “Whoop” NAPT Remix (Destination?)
19. Beat Assassins “Direct Hit” (MOFO)
----> Stanton Warriors ft Beatnuts “Shake It Up”(Punks)
20. NAPT “N-Funk” (Sub Frequency Funk)
21. Todd Terry “Can You Feel It” Trouble Soup Remix (Distinctive)
22. Baymont Bross ft Lady Sunshine & General Levy “Wind Your Waist” NAPT
Remix (MOFO CDR) - EXCLUSIVE NAPT
----> Phonat “It’s For You” (Mofo Hifi)
23. True Pseudo “Freakin’ Me Out” ULTRNX Remix, NAPT Edit (Calamity Jane Recordings)
24. NAPT “Time You Realised” (Funkatech Records CDR) - EXCLUSIVE NAPT
25. High Contrast “Make It Tonight” (Hospital Records)
26. Baymont Bross “Club Light” Instrumental (CDR)
27. Deekline & Wizard ft Yolanda “Angels” NAPT Remix (Against The Grain)
28. Baymont Bross & Muthan Breakz ft Bestbasstard “Drop The Bass” (CDR)
29. Stanton Warriors “Still Here” NAPT Edit (Punks)
----> Pyramid “The Preacher” (Funkatech Records CDR)
----> Kid Sista “Pro Nails” Rusko Remix (Fool's Gold)
30. NAPT vs Kish Mauve “Lose Control” (Funkatech Records/Sony ATV)
----> La Roux “In For The Kill” Skream Remix, NAPT Edit (Polydor)
31. Plump DJ’s “Leave The Addict Behind” NAPT Edit (Fingerlickin’/Axtone Records)
32. Brookes Brothers “Tear You Down” NAPT Edit (Breakbeat Kaos)
33. Alex Metric “Pins”(Marine Parade)
34. Splttr “All Alone” Alex Metric Remix NAPT Edit (Big And Dirty Records)
35. Beat Assassins “Put Em Up” NAPT Remix (MOFO CDR) - EXCLUSIVE NAPT
36. Pendulum “Out Here” (Breakbeat Kaos)
37. Phonat “Set Me Free” (Mofo Hifi)

Here are some individual songs you might enjoy from them.

NAPT - Frequency

NAPT - Gotta Have More Cowbell

NAPT - Work this Out

Dono fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 23, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Phase 1 Line-up

Friday, March 26
TIËSTO, SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA, ERIC PRYDZ, PASSION PIT, THE CRYSTAL METHOD LIVE, THE DISCO BISCUITS, CARL COX, DIRTY SOUTH, WILL.I.AM, RABBIT IN THE MOON, INFECTED MUSHROOM, PLUMP DJS, FELIX DA HOUSECAT, PRETTY LIGHTS, ADAM FREELAND, GREEN VELVET, ALEX METRIC, LOTUS, UBERZONE VS. BASSBIN TWINS, DAN BLACK, EVIL NINE, KEVENS and AFROBETA

Saturday, March 27
DEADMAU5, GROOVE ARMADA LIVE, CARL COX, FAITHLESS SOUND SYSTEM LIVE, ARMIN VAN BUUREN, ABOVE & BEYOND, CROOKERS, BLOODY BEETROOTS LIVE, GHOSTLAND OBSERVATORY, MAJOR LAZER, BASSNECTAR, STEVE AOKI, ATB, GLITCH MOB, DIPLO, LTJ BUKEM, A-TRAK, RUSKO, BANGA, SKREAM, CASPA, and TODDLA T.

-----------------------------------------------------

Pretty common info at this point, but I haven't seen any posts thus far. Line-up is looking pretty awesome so far. I get the fliers to hand out for "Phase 2" next week, so I'll post up the rest of the line-up before it goes on their website!

Really excited to see The Bloody Beetroots again, Plump DJ's and Alex Metric is hopefully going to put on the show I'd expect him to.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
To make another note about Ultra Music Festival. The line-up I posted is one of THREE line-ups. Of the last four years I've gone, three of the years I've been hesitant on going because only a few of the main DJ's I cared for and I've been surprised every year.

You can expect to see the majority of the industry in Miami that week, if not for Ultra then definitely for the Conference. Last year I saw the Bloody Beetroots and Benassi (not to say seeing them specifically was important in any way) play almost three times in one week (aside from at Ultra) just by making a random guest appearance at a WMC venue.

Winter Music Conference will always be a memorable and worthwhile experience for the whole scene. If you have the opportunity or think you might have a chance to attend, don't think twice, you won't be disappointed. :worship:

Mr Viper posted:

edit: Diplo's the poo poo, even when I saw him play an entire set with Lil Jon screamin "YEAYUH" "WHHHHHAT" "OHKAY" the whole drat time

HARD with Boys Noize in L.A.?

Dono fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 27, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Mr Viper posted:

That was it! Unbelievable night, especially because of this

Haha yea it was, the only video I have from it when I was there is from Erol Alkan. My girlfriend at the time took this video.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Here's the update for Ultra Music Festival line-up. Phase two leak.

Click here for the full 384x604 image.

I'll try and get a better quality scan of it, but I'm sure this will tickle some of you pink! Boys Noize vs Erol Alkan! I am still confused about seeing Damian Marley there, but I'm sure it will just add to the experience!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that say UFFIE on the bottom left in the Bayfront Live Stage?

Dono fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 9, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Final Line-up for Ultra Music Festival 2010! (Phase 3)

They accidentally posted it a tad early on their front page, so I snagged it jsut in case it was a mistake.

So on with the line-up. AFROJACK, Groove Armada, Wolfgang Gartner, Deadmau5, and Nate Campbell all just on the Main stage for the opening days (there are more but I'll personally enjoy seeing those)! Saw they threw in Jaguar Love as well, which is basically a more dancy re-make of their former band The Blood Brothers (a post-hardcore band).

Too many more names to list, but it's going to be one hell of a week. Just got my passes for some of the WMC events including Busy P and a few other Ed Banger crew, a night seeing Uffie and DJ funk, and then prob hoping the same night to see the Future of Breaks event for DJ Icey and NAPT!

edit: Image fixed :) woo!

Dono fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 6, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Firaga posted:

Man, my head would probably explode at Ultra... it keeps getting better and better. Well, I know where I'm going next year for vacation.

Don't be discouraged by early line-ups next year either. Buy your tickets early. Ultra never disappoints :D

Psychedelic posted:

Chillin' at Biscayne stage all day saturday. No idea where I'll be Friday.
Someone find cool stuff happening Friday and tell me where the party will be at.

Yea it's definitely a good line-up. I'll be there hopefully for Major lazer (assuming there isn't a schedule conflict). Bloody Beetroots/Steve Aoki and the Boys Noize vs Erol Alkan will be my big events of the day.

Biscane Stage on Friday is where I'll be most of the day except for Wolfgang and maybe Afrojack.

Friday night, like I mentioned in the OP for Ultra P3 was the Future Sound of Breaks. It's a 10pm-8am event for like 20$. Going to be amazing.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Thanks again goons for suggesting it, but I'm repeating it once again for reference.

http://bangingbeat.blogspot.com/

If you dont check it everyday for good beats, you're missing out you electro newbies!

Some big hit's off the blog recently:

Owl Vision - Dancing (Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8ddCKa7Fqc

TURBO P - AWWW poo poo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAjEDhECHho

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Yup, the song's title speaks for itself. Such hot poo poo right now, and he has a few tracks you can find that I think are much better :)

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

My noob is showing. :blush:

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Let me get in on this fap? It really sounds like a fun like you're all having.

@yancy2010

Does that DJ have any tracks or any longer youtube videos with some longer sets you could provide us with? After a quick google search I only found a poorly made myspace of some UK DnB guy named DJ Precept and thats about it.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Psychedelic posted:

Another Deadmau5 circlejerk?

It's been a week long circle jerk.

To be quite honest it's getting annoying to read this crap in a thread I love to read for the ELECTRONIC MUSIC DISCUSSION, and not the babble that's going on.

@Threatis- Just stop posting about Deadmau5 and help get this thread back on track. Let's all consider it a "dead" topic.

Firaga posted:

jesus loving christ shut up

for the sake of an awesome thread before threatis showed up, I'm going to post this track again because these guys don't get enough love.
Felguk - Side by Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbV4JS2hFnM
Two dudes from Brazil.

Great track by Felguk, another track you should check out by Felguk is "Keep Keeping" off of their "Keep Buzzing" EP.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

trill rear end posted:

here, this is coming out on discobelle on wednesday

PS my first song on beatport!!! buy it!!

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/track/catalog/?contextType=artists&contextName=Turbo%20P&contextEntityId=130443

Thanks for the download, and track is already purchased from beatport! Both are fantastic mate, keep it up.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Just got back from the first night of WMC. God...loving....damnit. My brain is melting and I'm definitely not sleeping soon. Wolfgang Gartner tore it up (great great GREAT set), pretty sure we missed Japanese Popstars. Then things went all wrong. MSTRKRFT had their equipment shut out on them three separate times, and once during Benassi's set, not sure if it was them or Mansion but Mansion has always been top notch on sound systems etc.

I have some lovely, but still worth looking cell phone pics from the night that I'll edit my post with.

Tomorrow = "THE BEACHBOMBING!" and "Oi Bang!"

Thursday = Juicy Beach Party

Weekend = Ultra Music Festival!

I hope my brain makes it through! :D

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

In support of all of our haters. :smug:

Still needs a few touch ups, but I'll have a blue light-up inside and that white rod in the center will be gone!

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Mr Viper posted:

I made one a couple years ago (on the right), and last year my friend finally got around to finishing his (on the left). Complicated? yes. Awesome looking? double yes.

Im really impressed with those Daft masks

JimmyJazz posted:

I don't think you realize how true this is.

Oh why yes I do. :devil:

And thanks Trill! Being home this week from school(GO KNIGHTS) has given me a nice chance to snag some free grub :)

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Metroixer posted:

Are you going to be wearing this at ultra I will totally come up and give you a high five if you are

Yea, actually me and my two sisters all have mau5heads. You will definitely see us day two.

We have a green dinosaur mau5head, and pokedot labrat, and my black glow i nthe dark mau5head. Find us!

I'll upload the third when I can find my camera. :)

Dono fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 26, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Who was the jerk wearing a Something awful teeshirt? Anyways, it was still a phenomenal night! The 1000 people who rushed the gate on Saturday and got in free was pretty epic too.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Weaponized Cum posted:

Apparently the city of Miami did not let the organizers keep going.

That's pretty much it. The city requires the festival to shut down at a certain time or they face some pretty hefty fines. Depressing I know, but I've heard from a few friends who work with the festival that there will be a third day next year. I haven't done too much digging to back that up officially, but it's being talked about down here like it's common knowledge.

Edit: Apparantly they mentioned something toward the end of Deadmau5's set, but I left 10min before the set ended due to a friend getting sick :shroom:

Dono fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 30, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Id really like to see a full Friday night next year for a Daft Punk performance and a Saturday/Sunday to fill in the normal Ultra-type line-up. It might be setting the expectations too high, but I can only hope.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

stun runner posted:

fuuuuck I think I might have to go to the hollywood bowl show. That'd be nuts.

Yea, looks like I'm heading to New York for electric zooooooooooo !

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
edit: I'm an idiot.

Dono fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 14, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Trill rear end posted:

starting to travel and play gigs now! if you want me in your town, send me an email turbopmusic@gmail.com

I sent you an email, but forgot to mention if you decide to come down here I can point you or whoever is booking your shows to the right people!

Metroixer posted:

Does anyone have a possible list of downloads for mixes played at ultra this year? Me and my brother have been scavenging everywhere for deadmau5 and bloody beetroots but can't find anything. I know deadmau5 was supposedly not that good but it was my first time seeing it and I really like it and I want to remember :ohdear:

I think his set was great, maybe not as explosive as last years Ultra (partly due because how insane the crowd was last year) but he was still good. People were just let down at the lack of stage performance. If a mix does pop up I'll send you a PM.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

incoherent posted:

New Crystal Castles

http://fixup.se/2010/04/crystal-castles-doe-deer/

Letting this one sink in. I hope I can buy it on Saturday on record store day.

It's just an opinion, but I think there is just too much going on in all the wrong places in this track.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

theflyingexecutive posted:

I'm gonna withhold any kind of judgment until we hear some more.

I agree, that we can't shoot down a whole album because of one track. I've been pretty happy with CC in the past, so hopefully they won't disappoint.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

theflyingexecutive posted:

Here are two new tracks Celestica and Mother Knows Best:
http://www.somekindofawesome.com/journal/2010/4/16/stream-new-crystal-castles-celestica-x-mother-knows-best.html

I've got good feelings about CC2 now.

Yup I snatched the new EP and it's much better than the first peek I got. Give it a listen!

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Metroixer posted:

Can anyone recommend reliable electro news sites? This topic is pretty good for listening to new things but it's always nice to have more places to check out for new music.

Read the OP. There are so many blogs there that are pretty much the Mecca of new, cool, and hip electro music.

Specifically, I'd check out:

1.) http://curbcheckyouhavethecon.blogspot.com/ (Pretty sure this is our OP's blog, and his youtube channel is equally impressive as much of the music he finds goes into a personal collection he makes for the channel.)

and

2.) http://bangingbeat.blogspot.com/

They are your Bible(s). Cherish them and furiously hit the refresh button until new music appears.

Dono fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Apr 21, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Are there still people regularly online in the electro IRC channel still?

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Threatis posted:

im banned from that channel. thanks curbcheck.

who would have guessed

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

Man vs Child posted:

Summer Anthems anyone? I can't stop digging the following!
Example - Wont Go Quietly
Plump DJs - System Addict (Kidnasia remix)
Steve Aoki - I'm In The House - (The Count aka Hervés Burning Down Your House Remix)
Ou Est Le Swimming Pool - Dance the Way I Feel (Armand Van Helden Club Mix)

They're all so good! What else has everyone been putting on repeat lately?

Are there soundcloud downloads or any cool links to snag these? I checked all my resources including beatport to buy it and no go. Figured they might be free released somewhere. If not maybe on the blog?

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
Yea, that's exactly it. I'd preferably like to find the tracks in V0 or V2 quality, but I won't be picky. It was more of a convenience and I only assumed he had the tracks since they were on his youtube channel. I'd rather not carry this conversation on here though. So I'll end it at that.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
http://soundcloud.com/napt/napt-triple-j-promo-mix

Great mix to checkout and I believe there is a free download of it from NAPT. The first 30~ seconds is a little weird, but once the beat drops at 1:06 it's a totally different story.

Mix gets a 10/10 from me.

Edit: (added tracklist)

Tracklist

1. Mica Paris "Take It Back", NAPT Remix (Wrapt Up CDR)
--> Major Lazer "Pon De Floor", Peo De Pitte Remix (CDR)
--> Count & Sinden "Mega" (Domino/Fool's Gold)
2. Baymont Bross ft MC GI "DNA" (CDR)
3. Plump DJ's "Electric Disco", D.Ramirez Remix (Fingerlickin' Records)
--> Plump DJ's "Electric Disco" (Fingerlickin' Records)
--> Drumattic Twins "Feelin' Kinda Strange" (Fingerlickin' Records)
4. Calverton vs Banga "Whoop", NAPT Remix (Destination?)
5. NAPT "Fortune", 12 Inch Dub Mix (Funkatech Records)
6. The Nextmen ft Andy Cato & Ms Dynamite "Lion's Den", Beat Assassins Remix (CDR)
7. Peo De Pitte/Plump DJ's/Jack Beats "What Cow Baby" (CDR)
8. NAPT "Time You Realised" (Funkatech Records)
9. Plaza De Funk & Miss Trouble "Push And Pull" (MOFO Records)
10. NAPT "N-Funk" (Funkatech Records)
11. L-Vis1990 "United Groove", MJ Cole Remix (Mad Decent)
12. NAPT "Narcotics" (Funkatech Records CDR)
13. John Daahlback "Pyramid", Baymont Bross Remix (CDR)
14. Sub Focus "Rock It" (RAM Records)
15. NAPT "Heart Of Stone" (Funkatech Records)
--> Nightwriters "Let the Music Use You" (Danceteria Records)
16. Traffic "Cut Your Teeth", Phonat Dub (Global Underground)
18. Beat Assassins "London Look" (MOFO Records)
19. Flore ft Shunda K & Flyy Git "Feel Me" (Botchit)
20. MJ Cole "Volcano Riddim" (Prolific Recordings)
21. Deekline & Wizard ft Yolanda "Angels", NAPT Remix (Against The Grain)
22. Baymont Bross "When The Bass Hits" (CDR)
23. Brookes Brothers "Tear You Down", NAPT edit (Breakbeat Kaos)
24. Beat Assassins "Put Em Up", NAPT Remix (MOFO Records)
25. Pyramid vs Specimen A "No Games" (Funkatech Records)
26. NAPT "F**k Critics" (Funkatech Records CDR)
27. Baymont Bross "Wine Up Ya Waist", NAPT Remix (MOFO Records)
28. NAPT ft Louise Marshall "Make MY Day" (Funkatech Records)

Dono fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 25, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

ziebarf posted:

Saw the Bag Raiders a couple of weeks ago in Kuala Lumpur, they opened with this lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giXDt3ceaN4

Lion King remix? You bet your rear end it is. They played a fun set, good mix of stuff.

I would probably not be able to mentally handle this at a show :shroom: ahhhhhhhhhhhhh good mix

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

etard knievel posted:

Beardyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQqTsMKa7ow

No really, gently caress him for being the coolest person alive.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
He might not announce anything. I went to see deadmau5 at Club Revolution in Fort Lauderdale, FL last year and Danger surprised everyone as the opening DJ.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

infinity2005 posted:

I don't get it either, the main lead gets ridiculously repetitive and sounds like its from some outdated overblown trance track.

It's a heavy hard hitting beat with a huge drop, what more could a club want? Especially after a few drinks accompanied by flashing lights and lasers. THIS is the type of song to get a lot of clubs going wild.

You don't have to like it to understand why it's popular, and it doesn't have to be a superb song to get a club going.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
A lot of you are missing the point here (I'll exclude Threatis because...well you know). The Sweedish House Mafia track may not be spectacular to your taste and while I hope it does get a better tuned remix, this is an amazing track for a well tuned progressive house mix. The biggest thing to understand is that the track just might not be exactly what you want to hear.

In fact, I forget the name of the DJ right now but he mixed this track into his set at Space Miami on the Terrace in the last few weeks and it was pretty awesome.

Dono fucked around with this message at 18:35 on May 4, 2010

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

infinity2005 posted:

Does anyone know any active disco/funky house labels or artists along the lines of DJ Tonka (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HFAZoGUZms)?

As far as "active" the closest you will get is probably Daft Punk. If you don't mind getting a little more modern you might like Chromeo.

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

trill rear end posted:

i made yall a new mixxxxx

http://soundcloud.com/turboptwig/smoke-blower-mix

God drat man, I hope you get some big time exposure. Solid set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!

incoherent posted:

I don't know whether to be congratulatory or mock with various goon stereotypes.

The latter is far more appropriate.