Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Christobevii3 posted:

And yeah, turn the idle screen off from the clock thing. It is dumb and doesn't show when you have messages like the other one does.

Is this by just going Settings > Themes > Screen Saver > None? Will that then show notifications?

Christobevii3 posted:

Also, update your flash player from the google mobile site, its a bit better.

Cheers for this. loving way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Slopehead posted:

Nokia seems to makes incredible hardware. I beat the poo poo out of my old XpressMusic candybar and it never failed.

My N8 is covered in dents and scratches, but it still works perfectly and the screen is blemish-free. And my old 5800XM survived a drowning with no ill-effects as well.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
drat, only 16gb and no Micro-SD slot in the 800? :( Bugger.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Urgh, the N8 calendar post-update is a loving pain in the arse.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Naffer posted:

This is essentially a WP7 issue. WP7 treats all flash available to it as one big drive, which means that if you eject or insert an SD card you have to wipe the phone memory entirely. Some people with 1st gen devices either didn't expect this to happen or used inferior cards (which because they are treated as system memory causes tons of problems) and that turned out to be a big issue for OEMs, so the new devices don't include slots. It's kind of a bummer, especially for people with 8GB devices.

Is this a fundamental issue with WP7, or something that could be patched out in the future? Because if 16gb and no card slot is it, that rules out a Lumia for me. Which sucks, because I was thinking of getting one when Telstra launches 4G here in oz.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

feraltennisprodigy posted:

Welp, guess I'll be replacing my N8 with the 808 instead of the iPhone 5.

You and me both.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Just put Belle on my N8, seems pretty good so far. And thank gently caress, the Social app finally does Facebook notifications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dr Tran posted:

Just hoping it shows up on Amazon from a good seller. Very wary of all those other sites.

Same, or local eBay stores. Don't mind the wait, that'll give the Galaxy S3 time to come out and drop S2 prices, can't decide between the 808 and S2 LTE.

• Locked thread