Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Neu posted:

I'm popping in to offer any E71x help. I've had my phone for a few months, and I'm pretty happy with it. I've fiddled and whatnot. pretty sure i can help people with just about any question they have with it.

Symbian's awesome though.

i got an e72 so idk if fp2 is too different but is there a way to make it so the browser can automatically detect wifi (or lack thereof)? Like with the iphone u can turn off wifi and continue browsing with 3g or gprs. But with this phone i've had to exit and relaunch when i change connections.

Also, any recommended browsers? Opera mini doesn't seem to support the sym key lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
In after cellphone shack burns

What program do you guys use to tether wifi?

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Peven Stan posted:

The E72 camera isn't the greatest but it's not bad for a cell phone, especially compared to my LG VX8550.
This is a picture from our tomato garden.

That's a really nice picture actually. I had the e72 for a couple months... guess I took its camera for granted.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

HPL posted:

Fido lumped the Vivaz Pro in with their crap phones and put the Liquid E in with their smartphones.

vivaz pro should be considered a smartphone but i wouldn't say it's better than the liquid e

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Godinster posted:

Are you able to get even a day with the Desire Z? I've considered ditching my iPhone 4 for one but everyone I speak to complains nonstop about the battery.

I get a full day browsing / tethering / texting / calling with my G2, about the same as my iPhone 4, maybe a little better since i started using CM7.

The aluminum battery door also makes swapping batteries really convenient for when i stay out late or use the phone really extensively, and it boots really fast too.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Island Nation posted:

I'm thinking of getting the 808 as well for the camera although I was also considering the N9. My concern about the 808 was if it can beat a normal P&S camera in image quality as well as providing good cell phone service

The N9 is mostly for its free software setup (although I have a N800 so I'm somewhat biased there) and that it uses micro SIM so I could my iPhone 4 SIM with no problem.

Those microsim adapters are literally two for a dollar I don't understand how that could make an impact in your purchasing decision LOL

So is there anyway to get a Android or Symbian app working on an N9 yet? I'm asking specifically for Whatsapp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
For $200 you could get a used Lumia 800 or iPhone 4 these days.

Even if Jelly Bean is rock stable it's just a Nexus S in a nice case, so I personally wouldn't bother. you can probably sell it for $200 afterwards though, so no harm done if you're gonna enjoy the experience or whatever.

• Locked thread