Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
Hi, I have a 6700 slide which I rather like but it's dying - starting to turn off randomly which seems to be a common problem with the different slide models.

If I were to upgrade to a modern Nokia smartphone, would you guys recommend the N9 or the Lumia 800/900? I don't care too much about apps, all I really need is a maps application.

Should I not bother with MeeGo because it'll have no support? But maybe it's a better experience than WP7? Thanks for any help.

edit: Or should I not get either of those?

Nition fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
Thanks for the advice. I think I need to go try out some phones.

Nition
Feb 25, 2006

You really want to know?
I wrote a post about the alarm clock on the N9, because it's awesome. Just really thoughtfully implemented.

http://www.nition.co/2014/08/the-nokia-n9-alarm-clock

• Locked thread