Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Who the hell thought that was a good ringtone?

A ringtone should be a ringing tone, not a poor man's club mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I'm thinking of getting the 808 as well for the camera although I was also considering the N9. My concern about the 808 was if it can beat a normal P&S camera in image quality as well as providing good cell phone service

The N9 is mostly for its free software setup (although I have a N800 so I'm somewhat biased there) and that it uses micro SIM so I could my iPhone 4 SIM with no problem.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Dr Tran posted:

The 808 uses a micro sim and is pentaband 3G.

I knew about pentaband but not that it was micro sim

Is micro sim widely used outside the iPhone 4/s and N9 & soon the 808? At least the adapters are cheap.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Web Jew.0 posted:

Those microsim adapters are literally two for a dollar I don't understand how that could make an impact in your purchasing decision LOL

It doesn't make much a difference but my concern was over how many phones and carriers use micro sim. I was under the impression it was only a few and I didn't want to be restricted. I was more concerned about getting a phone that wasn't locked down by carrier or ecosystem.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

corpsed posted:

On a related note, is anyone interested in buying my black 16GB Nokia N9 in superb 9.8/10 condition? Could cut you guys a good deal on it. I have to remain on Sprint since it is $30 less per month than AT&T for more features and true unlimited data. I'll post a sale thread in SA-Mart shortly.
I might be interested too

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I went ahead and purchased a N9 to replace my stolen unlocked phone. Is there anything I should be aware of with it that hasn't been covered in any reviews?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Two updates have now occurred on the N9 front

The good news is MeeGo 1.3 is out

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/07/03/nokia-n9-pr1-3-changelog/

The bad news is the Maemo team is being shut down and its head is leaving Nokia

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/07/03/bittersweet-n9-gets-pr-1-3-community-says-goodbye-to-nokias-finest/

Bittersweet is a understandment

• Locked thread