Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Good morning Dorkroom!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Flower Power
Dec 5, 2007
sup

Flower Power fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 4, 2010

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
First and last attempt at a self-portrait. This photo singlehandedly convinced me that I need to start sleeping more.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jackpot posted:

First and last attempt at a self-portrait. This photo singlehandedly convinced me that I need to start sleeping more.

Jackpot, can you please tell me about IT? :)

You're somewhere between him and Jay Leno in that picture and it rules.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

DJExile posted:

Exactly who I was thinking too.

Nondo
Jul 5, 2002

CODE ORANGE

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Bob Socko posted:

That reminds me of one I missed. Where's Waldo?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Just did my first "not in a mirror" self portrait set. :toot:

dreggory
Jan 20, 2007
World Famous in New Zealand

pwn posted:

That reminds me of one I missed. Where's Waldo?

Your reflection is in the shiny brass ball?

As long as we're playing 'guess the shot' explain this one:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

dreggory posted:

Your reflection is in the shiny brass ball?

As long as we're playing 'guess the shot' explain this one:

Christmas tree decoration.

A bowl/plate

bobmarleysghost fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 6, 2010

Miike
Nov 7, 2003
Free Mandela

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006
How does the water of the brain yield the wine of conscious experience? - Some one quoted it once.

DJExile posted:

Holy crap, Ash gets fatter as he gets older. :P
I guess it's from not killing zombies.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Trying some self-portraits for practice. Not sure which of the post works I like better on this one.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

Bob Socko posted:

I did the exact same thing over christmas!

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

torgeaux posted:

There's nothing like someone self-consciously avoiding looking 11 years younger than me.

Jeez, you kids are young. Fetuses basically. Get off my lawn, dammit.

torgeaux posted:

jeez you seriously are old :p but for real i like the color version better. The black and white comes off too muddy for my tastes because of your skin freckles. wicked depth of field though.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

jeez you seriously are old :p but for real i like the color version better. The black and white comes off too muddy for my tastes because of your skin freckles. wicked depth of field though.

Getting the focus on the eye was a pain in the rear end, working alone. Trying to find a way to stand in the same place so the focus point would hit right was. . . interesting. I'm happy enough with the setup that I'll force the wife to stand still for some portraits now.

Yeah, if you put a blue filter on this and go to 100%, you can really spot the skin damage us seniors get.

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.
found out it can get cold in the Czech Republic, The beer helps though.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
I dont really have any good photos of my self. Go go gadget gimmicky lovely self portrait.

nonanone
Oct 25, 2007

I like to imagine an infinite amount of reflections through that lens.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Helm, set course for awesome. (Taken by a photographer friend.)

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006
How does the water of the brain yield the wine of conscious experience? - Some one quoted it once.

torgeaux posted:

Trying some self-portraits for practice. Not sure which of the post works I like better on this one.

Get more space above and below imo.
Other then that,m stick with the colour, your freckles are more flattering when in colour. Usually black and white is awesome on dudes, because it makes you look way awesome i.e. http://www.flickr.com/photos/arinellen/3969372134/
But with you it just ages you, because the black bits look like sun damage instead of freckles.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Arinel posted:

Get more space above and below imo.
Other then that,m stick with the colour, your freckles are more flattering when in colour. Usually black and white is awesome on dudes, because it makes you look way awesome i.e. http://www.flickr.com/photos/arinellen/3969372134/
But with you it just ages you, because the black bits look like sun damage instead of freckles.

I think you're right. Space above and below would display my chin more (bad), but mostly this was a lighting/focusing/post processing experiment. I'd shoot it in portrait if I do it again, I think.

Anti_Social
Jan 1, 2007

My problem is you dancing all the time

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006

torgeaux posted:

I think you're right. Space above and below would display my chin more (bad), but mostly this was a lighting/focusing/post processing experiment. I'd shoot it in portrait if I do it again, I think.

If you don't like your chin, look up and shoot down. It's cool and interesting and forces the chin to stretch.

Anti_Social posted:

Awesome, it's a bit annoying that the black background above your head is not as black as the rest of the background, but you can totally shop that out. (This is also because I am on a Mac, i.e. super bright)

Sinaasappelsap
May 24, 2007

I barely do self portraits.

Photographed by a friend.

Engine Skull
Jul 9, 2003
I WON'T TRY TO GUESS THE NUMBER THIS TIME LOWTAX
Taken by a coworker for a staff contest.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Anti_Social posted:

Nice :ohdear:

Arinel posted:

it's a bit annoying that the black background above your head is not as black as the rest of the background, but you can totally shop that out.
Noooo! Right now it looks like his hood's about to catch on fire, leave it alone.

Sinaasappelsap posted:

Photographed by a friend.
I'm orange juice and I'm :mad: *mad as hell* :mad:

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 8, 2010

Zoowick
Apr 9, 2007

Making fifteen year old girls looks like whores since 2006
Me in all my over-processed glory...

Zoowick fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 8, 2010

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Some of you look entirely different than I imagined, some of you exactly like I imagined.

Anti_Social
Jan 1, 2007

My problem is you dancing all the time

Arinel posted:

If you don't like your chin, look up and shoot down. It's cool and interesting and forces the chin to stretch.

Awesome, it's a bit annoying that the black background above your head is not as black as the rest of the background, but you can totally shop that out. (This is also because I am on a Mac, i.e. super bright)

I actually like it like that. I think it helps keep your attention centered. But as soon as I get light stands and modifiers delivered, I hope to have some more fun with this.

Also:

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

Zoowick posted:

You look remarkably different in all three.

Sinaasappelsap
May 24, 2007

evil_bunnY posted:

I'm orange juice and I'm :mad: *mad as hell* :mad:

Yeah, sometimes get tired of being photographed during photo goon meets - too much attention for me.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

I heard one photographer on a podcast say that you have to be comfortable in front of the camera yourself...

This made me do it. I've decided to take one self portrait each week this year.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

edit:

Tigertron posted:

I miss Yosemite...

spf3million fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jan 9, 2010

Zoowick
Apr 9, 2007

JaundiceDave posted:

You look remarkably different in all three.

That's what makes using light so much fun IMO. You can completely change the look and feel of people, places and things.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Zoowick posted:

That's what makes using light so much fun IMO. You can completely change the look and feel of people, places and things.

Also, on a positive note, you're not visibly erect in ANY of them (that other one was pretty special).

Zoowick
Apr 9, 2007

SoundMonkey posted:

Also, on a positive note, you're not visibly erect in ANY of them (that other one was pretty special).

This is still the most accurate description of me.

http://creativeswiki.net/Zoowick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

Zoowick posted:

the second one is pretty badass. your hair is so shiny

• Locked thread