Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aslan Bebop
Jul 3, 2008

Hipness is not a state of mind, It's a fact of life!
Not a particularly good hairday. Testing out the camera and lighting during a band shoot for an album cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti_Social
Jan 1, 2007

My problem is you dancing all the time
I was just kind of screwing around yesterday, and took this. I'm not completely thrilled about it, and I feel like it could be a lot better. I just don't know how.

And I'm gonna re-do it when I can find my red gel.

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006
Dunno why I never noticed this thread before.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Anti_Social posted:

I was just kind of screwing around yesterday, and took this. I'm not completely thrilled about it, and I feel like it could be a lot better. I just don't know how.

And I'm gonna re-do it when I can find my red gel.

Love this. What does your apron say?

Anti_Social
Jan 1, 2007

My problem is you dancing all the time

DJExile posted:

Love this. What does your apron say?

Many have eaten here, few have died.

chrith
Jan 7, 2009
Just me getting extreme.

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
loving around with long exposures and off camera flash

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

chrith posted:

Just me getting extreme.

everything in this picture looks composited together to me. your head just looks all wrong. haha

digitalhifi
Jun 5, 2004
In life I have encountered much, but nothing as profound as the statement "all we ever do is do stuff."
I had this on facebook and one of my friends described this photo: "it looks like you taichi or bikram yoga and that you are daring a boxer to come kick you out of the gym.... and then you will down ward dog his rear end up and down the crazy 80s splatter-paint court." I laughed.

This is a study for a set I'm going to do utilizing a speed light as different methods of killing yourself. Clearly I need to make a grid.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I don't think I am very good at self-portraits, this is the only one I vaguely like

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
pictures of me with lenses

MythObstacleIV
Oct 27, 2007

640509-040147
-

MythObstacleIV fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 5, 2016

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

MythObstacleIV posted:

What the hell, here's me. This is all I got, not a self portrait as you can see in the mirror, heh.

this is a dirty trick and i will have none of it.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

MythObstacleIV posted:

What the hell, here's me. This is all I got, not a self portrait as you can see in the mirror, heh.

I think I've seen this technique used before somewhere...

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
Figured out the self timer and took this to finish up the first roll through my newly acquired Stylus.

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.
I suppose this counts

Rubber Biscuit
Jan 21, 2007

Yeah, I was in the shit.
I feel the need...

... the need for a blank expression!

zencyl
Jan 17, 2010
Only self portrait I have.

toppro
Jun 19, 2006
Taken by my father on a trip to the zoo this Summer.

Also by my dad. Taken while getting ready for a friends wedding.

An odd one taken by my 12 year old step-son.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Tonight's the night.

And it's going to happen again

And again.

Has to happen.

Rubber Biscuit
Jan 21, 2007

Yeah, I was in the shit.

Shannow posted:

And again.

My god, you are the best man.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
just when you think gingers couldnt get more creepy.

edit: i know the point of this thread was not to pass judgement on each other, i hope i didn't upset anyone.

AIIAZNSK8ER fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 21, 2010

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

just when you think gingers couldnt get more creepy.

I've never reached a point when I thought gingers couldn't get more creepy.

Regression
Nov 7, 2009

spf3million posted:

No one commented on this one, but it's great. What are you holding up, if I might ask (I want to steal your idea, muhaha)?

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.

I have been made to cut my hair since then.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

Mannequin fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 1, 2010

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Regression posted:

No one commented on this one, but it's great. What are you holding up, if I might ask (I want to steal your idea, muhaha)?
Thanks, yeah, 50/1.8, gotta use the largest aperture lens you have so you can actually see through it. Camera on a tripod on my left shooting into a mirror. Right eye looking through the lens to the mirror to the camera, left eye looking at the camera through the mirror. It was tough to get my face in the lens I was holding to be in focus since it was on a self timer and every time I looked at the shot I had to try to repose with what I thought would be the proper adjustments. It was even more complicated because I wanted the camera in the photo as well so the angles I had to work with were pretty tight with my limited lens selection. I ended up comping in my face from a different attempt (obviously) because it was one of the better attempts (meaning it was more in focus).

Regression
Nov 7, 2009

spf3million posted:

50/1.8, gotta use the largest aperture lens you have so you can actually see through it.
Thanks, that was what I was looking for. By the way, that photo would have been even more awesome if it was a bit more obvious that your face is different in the lens, i.e. if your chin / your whole face was visible. Maybe you can redo it, hehe. :effort:

Gambl0r
Dec 25, 2003

LOCAL MAN
RUINS
EVERYTHING

Shannow posted:

Hahahahah this is incredible! The tough expression plus the frilly neck thing is such a great combination.

Here's a photo a coworker took of me while I was helping him test his lighting setup:

dunno
Sep 11, 2003
If only he knew...

SoundMonkey posted:

I think I've seen this technique used before somewhere...

or...

dunno
Sep 11, 2003
If only he knew...
Also, to make things fair, here's a blown out dirty scan of a mirror self portrait:

Look at me, I'm artistical

variegated
Mar 17, 2006
pretty princess

I'm still learning how to use my camera.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Never, when checking how your lighting setup is looking while waiting for a model to get ready, miss an opportunity to continue a theme.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Self Portrait on the beach in Venice, CA

Another

HuskerDu
Dec 15, 2006

Richard Hell Rules Everything Around Me

Wheeeee dirty scan, goony grin. Shot by MY GIRLFRIEND.

FasterThanLight
Mar 26, 2003

Another skinny dork with bad facial hair checking in. I don't know what the hell I was doing here but here is my awesome double chin:

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

dunno posted:

or...

who did this? this is great

Rubber Biscuit
Jan 21, 2007

Yeah, I was in the shit.

guidoanselmi posted:

who did this? this is great

Jeff Wall. He does fantastic staged photographs, and the mere mention of his name is nearly enough to make my photography lecturers swoon.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

woot fatigue posted:

drat, sir, you have guts. Guts, I say.

• Locked thread