Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Regressor posted:

Don't have very many of myself, but just scanned through some friends' Facebooks and found:

Is... is that a sto-fen

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
oh hay watcha got there

can i see picture on screen plz

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
...as long as we're doing ridiculous pseudoportraits

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

DJExile posted:

I'm about to move to another part of the area, but for the past 4 years I've been living right across the street from the old Skeldon Stadium.

Where're you moving to? I'm still up here for at least four more semesters.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
...my god, my nostrils are large...

flickr

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
never listen to naysayers

flickr

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
Hopin' for a wide TD catch shot.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

DJExile posted:

Since we're gonna get like a foot of snow this evening, I will stay inside and possibly do this because I will be bored.

I was able to do this because a professor let us out early because the snow was comin' down. Snowmageddon 2011! It isn't perfect (I should have come more from the side to show more of the gun; I should have gotten the muzzle closer to the lens; I wish I had a wider lens; I could have gone crazy and snooted flash onto my face to make it more dramatic, etc. This is a 10 minute job, shut your face), but for some reason my fridge light stopped working after a bit.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

DJExile posted:

Peep sights = best sights :hfive:

Kinda upset I haven't even had a chance to try them out. Went up to school and whoosh, the outdoor public range and nice weather disappeared =( I was going to shoot at my uncle's on New Years, but it was all rainy and wet.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

Awkward Davies posted:

TIL: Lots of people with guns take pictures.

One expensive hobby isn't enough!

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
Unfazed.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

DJExile posted:

Tiny DJExile with Jerry York, now head hockey coach at Boston College

I miss those gloves. :kiddo:

...and at age 8, DJExile was already taller than a grown man...

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I need to do the dishes, I'm so embarrassed :o:

That looks like a highly ineffective colander.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
She stood in the rain, against a horde of encroaching geese, after all of my delicately crafted engagement afternoon plans fell through due to traffic and an obscene thunderstorm, after driving and walking for 2 and a half hours, after we went to three stores to find a memory card, to humor me for a photo by the riverfront. She's perfect and I love her. My favorite self-portrait:

NKNE2134 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

DJExile posted:

:supaburn:

E: That's Dakana in the background at right. We routinely make wise decisions.

:pcgaming: floppy hat brigade :pcgaming:

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
she wanted a photo with me. uh ok

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Across-the-street pro selfie.

That circle of light on the building makes it look like you hit it with a full-blast from a Profoto head or something.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Couples want photos with the photographer all the time. You're part of their day so it makes sense. I guess it's a little weird with it just being the bride.

Well, and we were coworkers for a bit, too. I didn't think it was weird, but I was caught a bit by surprise.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

:v:

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
this is me going super saiyan

2015-07-11_camp_0001 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
...I need to hand the camera to my wife more often...

_KPH0344 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
I'm teaching my poor wife to shoot by giving her a 1.4 lens on a full frame body and she's killing it, nailing focus. Owns.

2016-01-10_dawg_0004 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
IMG_2178 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryDOy3AosBw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
hey i'm wearing the same shirt from the last self portrait

NKPH6862 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

• Locked thread