Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Page 46 is the best page.

Bubbles and sparkles and big shiny eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Evader posted:

I never want to read about someone who has to work hard to make the smallest gains at some arbitrary activity and gradually build themselves up while befriending everyone they meet.

But wait, outside of the befriending part, the manga that you got your avatar from is pretty much exactly that and it owns.

EDIT: "If you say those things...I might start to like it! :swoon:" ahahaha this owns

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 11, 2012

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Togami is loving adorable. If anyone beats Natsuo it'll obviously be her. :colbert:

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Normal people are the best people

Evader
May 20, 2008

One morning, when I woke up, there was a lizard in my room.

MadRhetoric posted:

But wait, outside of the befriending part, the manga that you got your avatar from is pretty much exactly that and it owns.

EDIT: "If you say those things...I might start to like it! :swoon:" ahahaha this owns

I first started liking Biscuit Hammer because the protagonist was :negative: and initially chose the 'gently caress this gay earth' path and wished to smash it alongside Sami. The fact that the series turned into the 'cliche' but still kept my interest is why I like it so much. I was more focused on the social growth of a character with that mindset than anything else. Still, before anyone could pull the protagonist out of his 'funk' as it were, he needed someone down as low as he was to connect with.

Back to Teppu, we have yet to see anyone even remotely like Natsuo for her to connect with on that sort of level. Which is realistic and just fine. I can't wait for her to lose her first match, and for everyone around her to expect her to break . . . and be shocked when nothing happens aside from a boost in enthusiasm. She has no pride to damage. She just wants a challenge.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

It's been two months without an update on this.

Did something happen?

vkeios
May 7, 2007

From the group's site:

quote:

We found a new translator, we already have chapters 16-17 traslated, 18 and 19 are in progress. We’ll release ch16 on May, we are waiting vol.5 to be published in Japan to get better raws.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

It's still alive, thank goodness.

Wikiman
May 30, 2011
I am so happy about this.

Just re-read the last chapter. This really is the best manga.

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug
A lovely partial translation of ch 16 has been posted in what appears to be an effort to goad the main scanlation group into getting their rear end in gear.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ub posted:

A lovely partial translation of ch 16 has been posted in what appears to be an effort to goad the main scanlation group into getting their rear end in gear.

They've been "typesetting" the entire week. :cry:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
New Chapter

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cameron Diaz continues being the best.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Awwww shiiiit looks like we're gonna get some 4koma action from here out.

Natsuo is a loving great protagonist, I love how she's actually improving as a person while still being hosed up enough for us to enjoy watching her get what's coming to her between fights.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Her friend not taking any of Natsuo's poo poo during lunch was the best part.

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Sindai posted:

Her friend not taking any of Natsuo's poo poo during lunch was the best part.

I'll second this, that was great.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Oh man, I remember one of the first chapters having an interview with the creator where judoka/pro wrestler Shinobu Kandori came up.

So I guess I should've seen the Kandori expy coming when it switched to the random pro wrestler chick.

I get the impression from that and the way the women are presented in general that Moare is/was probably really into joshi puroresu, especially the '90s stuff.

Suben fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jun 30, 2012

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Suben posted:

Oh man, I remember one of the first chapters having an interview with the creator where judoka/pro wrestler Shinobu Kandori came up.

So I guess I should've seen the Kandori expy coming when it switched to the random pro wrestler chick.

I get the impression from that and the way the women are presented in general that Moare is/was probably really into joshi puroresu, especially the '90s stuff.

Joshi puro was really, really loving popular back in the Zenjo/LLPW days so it makes sense for someone to be influenced by it. Honestly, I'm surprised you don't see more love for that kind of thing in manga.

Cameron Diaz was the one with the The Strokes T-shirt on, right? Best character.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Endorph posted:

Cameron Diaz continues being the best.

Have they ever explained that "paka" sound effect she's always making?

Snapping gum? Smacking lips? Clicking teeth, maybe?

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jun 30, 2012

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Everyone was just so excited at the prospect of Natsuo getting repeatedly punched in the face. :allears: Other than that, the bit over lunchtime with her friend was the best part.

How many more chapters do you think it's going to be before the G-girl tournament? Whether it's soon or not is fine by me since it should stay good to read either way; just curious.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

a kitten posted:

Everyone was just so excited at the prospect of Natsuo getting repeatedly punched in the face. :allears:

Especially Natsuo! :gay:

I suspect G-Girl is the end, and hope it'll be ten years before we get there. Unless it isn't and the manga just becomes ongoing and we get to follow Natsuo through like her college years in which case full speed ahead.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
Well, there's the brother subplot, which I would be glad if they just forget, personally.

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
My vote for fave part is "It was on this day that Marie Torhill decided to quit MMA."

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Man Dancer posted:

My vote for fave part is "It was on this day that Marie Torhill decided to quit MMA."

Mario's such an rear end in a top hat.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Teppu went on hiatus. Maybe it'll be back up and running by the time the scanlations catch up in four years.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Guyver posted:

Teppu went on hiatus. Maybe it'll be back up and running by the time the scanlations catch up in four years.

Whaaat, why?

Edit: apparently the author is suffering some kind of health problem. It sounds pretty serious... let's all hope Mr. Moare has a speedy recovery.

Rakugoon fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 10, 2012

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

Rakugoon posted:

Whaaat, why?

Edit: apparently the author is suffering some kind of health problem. It sounds pretty serious... let's all hope Mr. Moare has a speedy recovery.

:negative:

Hope he gets well as fast as possible.

Hyun.
May 8, 2008
Ohgod, it's Nana all over again, isn't it?

genki
Nov 12, 2003
So... I don't suppose we're going to get more of this anytime soon?

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

genki posted:

So... I don't suppose we're going to get more of this anytime soon?

About a month ago the scanlators said the next chapters were almost done.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

Rakugoon posted:

About a month ago the scanlators said the next chapters were almost done.
I don't think they know what the word 'almost' means...

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Ahhh, gently caress you. I got excited to see a new post and met only bitter disappointment. Does anyone know what the current status of this is?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

7c Nickel posted:

Does anyone know what the current status of this is?

In need of some goons that know Japanese.

Animexis is taking donations without producing anything, so it looks like it's dead until someone else picks it up.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Raku posted:

In need of some goons that know Japanese.

Animexis is taking donations without producing anything, so it looks like it's dead until someone else picks it up.

I have no idea what the situation on scanlations is, but over in Japan the mangaka has been sick for quite some time, and Teppuu itself has been on hiatus since June or July 2012.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Is this the All Rounder Meguru thread?
I got tired of waiting on new chapters from Vol 7 when the series is now on Vol 10 so I'm translating it myself.
But I've come here to ask, does anyone know what "garo (ガロ) class" means, as in the 48.5kg judo weight class that the judo girl intends to compete in. Am I overthinking it and it's just "girl"? There's also an irrelevant joke I couldn't translate but who cares.
Once I figure out that and what fonts to use ch 63 will finally be in english.
Might do some "good enough" scans of Teppu too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't help with translation but I can let you know that you are the greatest. :syoon:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

cooldude2.0 posted:

I got tired of waiting on new chapters from Vol 7 when the series is now on Vol 10 so I'm translating it myself.
But I've come here to ask, does anyone know what "garo (ガロ) class" means, as in the 48.5kg judo weight class that the judo girl intends to compete in. Am I overthinking it and it's just "girl"? There's also an irrelevant joke I couldn't translate but who cares.

Judo doesn't really have distinct names for their weight classes, in MMA womens 48kg has various names depending on the promotion as the women's weight classes don't have a unified system yet available. Though the coolest name for it is atomweight.

Zingih
Jan 2, 2013

cooldude2.0 posted:

That's galo, means rooster in Spanish. Sub 55kg class by the Japanese rules of Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
v7c63: http://www.mediafire.com/?4v3k9yv0wiwt6ju
No fighting this chapter, just dramas and lots of text :\

in case anyone wants to fix the joke on p1, here's an archive of xcf files (what GIMP uses): http://dogtato.net/files/mangas_temp/All%20Rounder%20Meguru%20ch%2063.7z

cooldude2.0 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Dude if you start translating Teppu you'll make me the happiest dude in the wooorld.

• Locked thread