Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anaaki
Apr 2, 2008

prettyprincesspony posted:

With a stick. It's also important to remember that the less expensive you go, the less pressure points and accuracy you have with the tablet.

I have a Bamboo Fun and a 2007 13" Macbook. I never, ever use the bamboo because it feels so awkward and hurts my wrist. However, I'd love to learn how to draw digitally and eventually learn Flash and animate. Any suggestion on what I should get? (Besides a PC... :sigh:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anaaki
Apr 2, 2008

Space-Bird posted:

Well Flash is bundled with the Adobe Creative Suite packages, So get CS3 or CS4... I like the illustrator tool set more than the Flash drawing tool set, so I'd say start with Illustrator... The Flash tool set is fairly adequate depending on what you want to do, however.. Other than that, Flash is pretty straight forward for simple animations... Unfortunately I don't have any books to recommend..

Wow... you know, I have the CS3 bundle and never realized that I had Flash. That's a good start. I only did one mini lesson in Illustrator but I'm really rusty on it. Luckily, my mentor teacher next semester is from a wealthy school that has a digital progam, so I think I will be learning Illustrator from her.

Thanks!

e: Another question, what do you all find to be the best setup for digital art? I have used both Mac and PC just for leisurely use, never anything professional. But I found there were more programs available for PCs. I found my Mac froze/crashed less while working with programs open, but my Mac had by far the worst, unrecoverable, hard drive failure ever.

anaaki fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 4, 2010