Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
If anyone wants an alternative to Photoshop, check out Sketchbook Pro from Autodesk. The interface is really bad, but actual drawing feels and looks way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...

razz posted:

Stupid question: I just got a Wacom "Bamboo Fun" tablet. I got the small one.

Anyway, how do you enable the pen pressure sensitivity? I have Photoshop CS2 and I'm able to draw, but the line is uniform thickness. I changed the settings in the brush pallet to "pen pressure" and downloaded the newest driver from Wacom's website.

I'm running Windows Vista on a ~1.5 year old Dell laptop.

Dumb question, but have you restarted your computer?

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...

A Child's Letter posted:

Edit: VVV Nope, mine's an Intuos 3 (Model PTZ-430, whatever that means), and its buttons are all on the left side, where my meaty hamfists smother them with reckless abandon :( I hadn't thought about turning it upside down, though...I'll have to see if there's an "invert" setting somewhere...

I'm left handed and I've never touched one of the buttons accidentally. I have disabled the touch strip on that side, though.

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...

Halx posted:

One of the big differences between some of the entry level Bamboo stuff and the more expensive tablets is an eraser on the pen. If you do a lot of drawing/inking/painting, you might find the lack of eraser annoying.

I thought they had an eraser, but they weren't pressure sensitive?