Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes
If we go bust before the completion of the season do all the matches won and lost during the season get expunged from the record? It would shake up the final league positions quite a lot.

Quite honestly though we are hosed and I have no confidence in the official announcements from the club (embargo has already been reported as close to being lifted a couple of times) and now that we have a convicted fraudster looking over our books I am resigned to it not getting any better.

The stadium ground thing is interesting. When Sacha sold the club to Al Fahim an option was made for the property rights to be transferred over if a payment was made within a certain period of time, that period was missed and Sachas company has control over the property rights now. Not sure (details are very wooly) about what happened to these when the club was bought by Al-Faraj (who has never been to a game) but I remember reading that Al-Fahim was given a bollocking by Al-Faraj's advisors because he came out in the press saying he had full control of all the property rights, which he didn't, he only had the option to purchase.

Now Sacha is owed about £28million from the sale of the club and is getting pissed off that he has no idea who is actually paying him and where that money is coming from I can very clearly see a situation where property developers move in as soon as the club is declared bankrupt if just to recoup the money Sacha has lost.

I hate this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006

Mewcenary posted:

Again, the land ownership situation is also completely unknown which is making people nervy. And a common conspiracy theory is that this has all been planned to allow lots of new flats to be built.

Planning permission fr the land is tied to the clubs development. Essentially the club would have to cease to exist before that land can be used for flats.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006

Rawz posted:

But seriously, liquidation? I don't know what I would do as an 11-year Pompey supporter

Havant & Waterlooville.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
H&W are not in any way our rivals, unlike your examples, most of the season ticket holders I know go and watch them when Pompey aren't playing so I would imagine if everything went tits up there would be a lot of people going to H&W matches.

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006

Jose posted:

How are Cardiff so hosed?

Peter Ridsdale

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006

Swimmy posted:

Pompey are trying to sell off players to Ipswich today but two of them have refused to leave, which is nice, but does leave a problem with that tax bill.

I don't think we were trying that hard. Neither were highly paid and we wouldn't have got all the money up front so it wouldn't help with paying off the debts (1.6mil to HMRC + 800k or so wages) or the running costs to last until summer.

The only hope would be finding a genuine investor to buy the club in which case it's better keeping decent members of the squad to tempt an investor in the next 3 weeks.

We don't have parachute payments to draw down on and we haven't attracted anything serious in the past 4 months. I doubt Portpin will see any value in investing more money as they are unable to sell the club at half their asking price. We are going to get wound down in 20 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
A pretty good article giving a comprehensive account of what happened with Portsmouth, mainly around the end of our stay in the premiership.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/portsmouth/fb_news.php?storyid=18346

Forgery, backstabbing and repeated financial irregularities. Welcome to Portsmouth.

• Locked thread