Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
No one with sense. They'll wait until they go into Administration, pay pennies in the pound on their debt, buy the club cheap and then invest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Because they hoped to get away quickly enough.

If you follow the paper trail back far enough, then the whole lot belongs to Gaydamak because SAFahim and the new owners haven't bothered paying him yet.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Next new big bucks EPL chairman is going to be Indian

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

MoPZiG posted:

Papers have yet another consortium coming in for us. This time its an Italian-American venture. Arent we popular? :v:

The Mafia-owned club have put in a shock £5 move for Torres, which has, remarkably, been accepted.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

So Portsmouth now have;

Mandaric - Tax Evasion

who sold onto;

Gaydamak - Tax Evasion (and funded by his father, who can't really come to home matches, being an international arms dealer)

who sold onto;

Sulaman Al-Fahim, who kept 10% of the shares he had bought with bank loans secured on the club and has yet to pay back, who sold onto

New guy who I can't remember, who is getting Far-East money to pay players, again secured on the club.

The whole time, this band of idiots has been employing Harry Redknapp, who likes brown envelopes as well.

Jesus gently caress.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Vando posted:

City fans now working on persecution complex to rival that of Arsenal fans.

You're just jealous 'cos Man U fans have to work on their pity-me faces.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Vando posted:

*bends over*

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Rawz posted:

As further fuel for people to come laugh at Portsmouth, the fan forum I usually post on has decided that because we can't get onto the official Pompey website that this has gone down to it not being paid. I see no relief for us Pompey fans

They've come out with a statement, it's true

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Rawz posted:

We probably decide which bills to pay by pulling 2 or 3 out of a hat

like they can afford a hat

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

I'd be worried about the police bill for the FA Cup game to be honest. It nearly did in H&W and at the moment, Pompeys finances are probably worse than theirs

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

So at any point in the next week Tottenham could field a side made up entirely of players who were at Pompey in the last 12 months/

loving hell

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

cheese posted:

Gimme the tl;dr.

Liverpool fans say the meeting went like this

Liverpool owners representative says the meeting went like this

and at one point urged the fans to stop protesting the poo poo owners because it makes new owners nervous about buying the club

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

What happens if they do, by some miracle, stay up?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Didn't see any mention of a points deduction, just laughed at the idea of 19 other teams going 'sure, £11 million parachute payment' and then Portsmouth finishing in 16th on goal difference or something

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

The likelihood is that those numbers aren't accurate, and even if they were there are so many bonuses and extras that mean that base numbers are fairly meaningless.

On the other hand, if Deco actually makes more than Didier Drogba, then that's literally the funniest thing I've seen since Paul Scholes whiffed at a shot and then deflected it in with his standing leg.

Quite liked Gareth Barry making more than Iniesta myself.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Dudley posted:

If people have missed it, Portsmouth are back in court on the 1st of March, which should tell us exactly how hosed they are.

Peter Storrie's put the entire club kitty on Very at 3/1. You can get evens on Extremely, and 10/1 on Slightly.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Badgerman posted:

I'm interested in how we expect to gather £60m from selling Belhadj, Wilson and Boateng. There's not £10m there.

Hmmm, football is poo poo again.

Man City?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Badgerman posted:

It's going to be bizarre if we do go out of business. Not having a club to follow after the circus that has been Portsmouth all of these years is going to be hard to adjust to. I might just follow Newcastle to try and mimic the experience.

But you won't get the experience of not being able to move anywhere in town on a saturday or gunwharf banning people in football tops or watching bitter fat men mumbling about playing harder as they walk back from the pub*.

*Ok the last one but still.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

the silver lining for Pompey supporters would be that they can now completely start from scratch with whatever team they want. even if they pick United or something, can you really ridicule them? they just watched their favourite team cease to exist. you'd have to give them a break...

They'll start a new team. Moneyfields or AFC Portchester or some other FA Hampshire side that does quite well.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

would the revenue gained from Champions League football next year be worth more than giving Pompey money to stay afloat? intriguing options here

For a run longer than the group stages? Definitely. You're looking at 100 million Euro for the bigger teams just to get past the group stages I think

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

100 million for the final, knock-outs worth 30-40 depending on the size of the club.

Definitely more than that I thought? Remember seeing figures of 330,000,000E but that might have been for the pot for group stages onwards. :/

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

yeah, read it. We are in a considerably better position then you, sorry to disappoint :kiddo:

Think that might have been a joke aimed at City rather than at Arsenal

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

MrBling posted:

Somehow I doubt a shirt sponsorship will bring in that much for Villa.

Man United's deal with AON is 4 years at £20 million a year
Liverpool's deal with Standard Chartered is the same apparently

Aston Villa could probably get half that, so still £10 million in a year, which'd knock their wage bill down to less than half of turnover

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

MrBling posted:

Spurs' giant deal with Mansion was £34m over four years and that was the biggest sponsorship deal they had ever had.

So Spurs can get around half of the current Man U and Liverpool deals, and are probably on a similar level to that of Villa...which is what I said

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Fat Turkey posted:

It would take a £25m a year sponsorship to get wage bill below half of turnover.

Villa will pick up a £5m a year deal and be happy with it.

Me maths good

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Fat Turkey posted:

I'm pretty sure all the major Premiership clubs offer finance services like credit cards, don't know how far down they go though.

I think they're all different flavours of MNBA or whatever it was that let you have pictures on cards

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Badgerman posted:

It took way too long for this to happen.

I hate my club.

Sorry man :(

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Big Black Sock posted:

A fee of € 20 million , plus bonus.

€ 1 million, the first time Liverpool Football Club win the English Premier League or UEFA Champions League, by June 30, 2014.

I'd love to see what kind of bonuses someone like Ronaldo has in his Real contract.

haha that's a good lawyer

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Fat Turkey posted:

I wonder why the Italian milestones are in multiples of 35.

38 games a season, you can reasonably assume that a first team player might be rested once or twice, maybe three times?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

corporate is a massive earner, 30% of matchday income at the emirates comes from club level and boxes

20% is from temporary briefcase storage.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

gently caress off it costs me £2.20 to get into the centre of Bristol :mad:

With bin bags full of remains?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

They really are serious, it's sad that they have to be.

:(

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

MoPZiG posted:

Its not as if Pompy fans would be betraying their heritage or whatever...its H&W!?

Why don't West Ham fans start supporting Colchester? why don't Man United fans start supporting Bolton?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Because Bolton don't win enough trophies.

That too.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

11.47am: A little bit more on Chester City. The Chester Chronicle is reporting that no one from club's parent company was present at the high court today, meaning that the club's 125-year existence was ended in less than 30 seconds. If you needed an illustration of the contempt with which the owners have treated the club's fans look no further.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Akileese posted:

Cardiff have until May 5th to raise the £2 or so they owe to the HMRC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8557188.stm

I know you meant million but my brain went '£2? They could raise that by May surely?'

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Mid Wales will rise again

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Mickolution posted:

What is it going to entail? I really don't know much about this sort of thing.

Basically

o <-- Hicks and Gillette

O <-- Private Equity Firm

where o and O are Liverpool fans after being bent over

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

hopefully whatever team he buys gets their kits made by Sean John.

Old school rapper
with his shirts by Kappa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Makes sense for the PL to try and cut down the amount it loses to Pompey's creditors.

• Locked thread