Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

You know what this argument needs.

SPREADSHEETS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Couch posted:

Wait what?

Is this 4 games/week for $80 without a foxtel sub.

I assume this is for foxtel people only. It would be weird if they let this through when they've been so against offering individual packs like this

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Sonic H posted:

Those tats are going to be a bitch to get rid of.

You obviously never watched prison break

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

That shits hosed up. You hear about players not being paid for months often. I recently heard about it happening to Parma a few years back. They weren't paid for 7 months. So really even if you are a bit time player earning half a million euros if you've got a morgtage thats a few million then you are going to be hurting. Of course it never lasts long enough to be a real problem as most people nowadays can earn enough in one year to not be too hosed over if something happened. But in the early 90's before salaries started to really skyrocket that wouldn't have been a good situation to be in.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

it's not his fault but he's still a loving vulture taking money from the club and setting himself up to take loads when we've found buyers, stiffed everyone with a derisory CVA etc. He should have been banned from controlling clubs the second the full extent of Leeds' problems got out but, y'know, the FA are a shower of impotent and incompetent cunts. Football is dead

You need to post those quotes from people saying how good it was all looking for them.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

I thought this was never going to happen because if he bought the others then he has to buy Usamov's who could then pretty much jack his price up 100%? And if he didnt then Kroenke would be forced to sell the ones he bought.

Or am I wrong.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

^^^^ You mean Niue?

wicka posted:

All of their Formula 1 figures are grossly inflated, those are most assuredly not base salaries they have listed.

Kimi's still getting paid by Ferrari. His contract with them was $50 million a year.

Vettel is on a low salary but massive bonuses for doing stuff.

Hamilton and Alonso's salary are probably a bit more confusing because whilst santander is conisdered most likely a promotional thing I think they actually pay their salary to be on the team.

It is a lot of guesswork this stuff.

Are figures quoted in the media pre/post tax and all that?

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

s0meb0dy0 posted:

I don't see how that would work. As far as I know, it's an isolated incident from a player who gives his all on the field. Yeah it sucks, but I don't see how it's grounds for unilateral dismissal.

Depends I guess on whether its been happening before and if theres stuff happening we don't hear about. From what I gathered he hasn't been that cancerous to his other team mates.

Its all hearsay at the moment.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

For the stadium only 2 million sounds about right.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

Arsenal got £100 million for 15 years when they opened the Emirates Stadium. That works out to about £6.7 million per year.

Market value for Manchester City stadium naming rights might not be as big as that but it's going to be bigger than a figure that amounts to less than a third of that.

The 2 million is what they pay the council for the rights to name the stadium. The Arsenal deal is what the sponsor pays similar to the 35 million Man City get from Etihad.

Its a different scenario because the stadium is owned by the council rather than the club.

The council could probably sell them to Etihad direct but I assume they are happy with the fact the Sheikh is pumping so much money into the area.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Modus Trollens posted:

Great read.

I do wonder how many weeks out of the year footballers get paid though, and with the winter break in most of Europe, does that effect their wages?

I would have thought their contracts would be like "12 million paid over 3 years with so and so for winning the league or for each game played" but the press just uses weekly wages because its easier to compare.

They probably still get paid monthtly with appearance bonuses and other stuff coming into that or maybe paid quarterly or at the end of the year.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Whilst City had a huge loss based on buying ALL the players and wage increase surely for next year that should be down a whole lot?

I can't see them buying many more players to be honest. Well not to the level of what they just did and the Champions league money is going to start kicking in. As well as the fact you'll probably start getting the bandwagon money coming in.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Mickolution posted:

Wow. How far apart are the two teams based? Worst I've seen in that regard was 14 at a League of Ireland game a couple of years back. The away team were only from around an hour away.

Gold Coast tend to have no fans as its a new club and run by guys who didn't do a very good job. Its also a couple thousand KM's from Melbourne

In Sydney they like to use the Olympic Stadium as much as they can so its not a white elephant and this means having 10-20,000 people in a stadium that seats 85,000 and isn't generally in the right area anyway. That really annoys me as they do it for all sports.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Marina
Quick access to London

Fancy tudor stadium

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Doesnt the Serie A have terrible crowds these days?

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

TyChan posted:

GD, I know we've asked you about this before, but how much of the attendance figures are due to disenchantment from Calciopoli and long-running problems regarding controlling the behaviors of ultras?

Italy's shaky economic shape can't be helping attendance either.

I'm no expert but I was under the assumption that immediately after the Calciopoli poo poo a lot of supporters gave up their season tickets and stopped attending. No idea if its recovered but I believe that the average was much higher pre 2005.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Marca published a graphic today comparing ticket prices and attendances across England, Spain, Italy and Germany.

http://www.marca.com/2012/03/02/multimedia/graficos/1330720526.html

apparently Genoa has the 3rd most expensive tickets in Europe what the christ

What are these figures coming from? Average season ticket? Because some of those spanish ones seem really high and I would have thought the english ones are low.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

belgend posted:

Some newspapers over here publicized a list of the annual average wages of clubs in Belgium, and it surprises me how much of a difference there is not only with the big European clubs, but also with small clubs (albeit from big leagues). There are 2.Bundesliga teams with about double the wage salary the biggest paying club in Belgium. It's madness really

Whats the average person earning the belgian league?

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

JunkDeluxe posted:

Most of these players have 10-12 years to earn a lifetime of wages, so they should take whatever they can get.

Players are incapable of getting a job after football? Just because you played sport professionally for 10 years doesnt mean you retire.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Chelsea will be in real trouble if/when Abrahmovic leaves. We can see already that they're struggling to keep up with United and City, and teams like Tottenham are starting to catch up to them. Whilst they have a worldwide fanbase now, many of those have either come of age or starting following Chelsea when they have been successful - a few seasons outside the top 3 (or even 4) will see those fans lose interest.

People thought he would leave when they won the CL. What happens if he sticks around for another 10 -15 years or when he sells he sells to some other billionaire sugar daddy.

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

How many times can Rangers go under and come back again as The New New New New Rangers before it stops happening?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fists Up
Apr 9, 2007

Nate Silver did a thing on the distribution of fans across different sporting leagues.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-distribution-of-fandom-in-pro-leagues/

I find some of it flawed when thinking about the premier league but it does make a good point that there is no middle class in football.

• Locked thread