Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Earnings are up by £38m, which is a 44% increase from last year, wages are up 60%. That's a pretty extreme rise on both parts, and yes the wages are unsustainable - unless City qualify for the Champions League, which doesn't look horribly unlikely this season (though I think the owners would have preferred managing to do it last season).

This season all 35,000 season tickets have sold for the first time since moving to the City of Manchster Stadium, matchday attendance is currently an average of another 10,000-12,000 on top of that, it's not hopelessly bad. Spending on the same level as the last couple of seasons is unlikely, and with added income from the Champions League (which will happen in the near future, even if not this season) combined with an inevitable increase in support (in the same way that Chelsea's support has increased) the wage bill is large, but it could soon be sustainable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Surely Pompey fans can support Havant & Waterlooville until AFC Pompey or whatever gets formed?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
F1 as a sport is super-secretive about all things money

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
But wasn't that because pompey owed a large amount of their money to the taxman directly?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/New-Academy-overview

Obviously its club propaganda, so take it with as much of a pinch of salt as you like, but this video outlines part of why the Etihad deal isn't anywhere near just a stadium naming rights deal and why it probably won't fall foul of the UEFA rules.

If you've ever been to this part of East Manchester you'll know just how run down it is and how much of a difference the jobs and particularly the 6th Form College could make to the local community.

On the other hand it's certainly sad to be eventually severing the last remaining link to Rusholme/Moss Side when this new Academy site takes over from Platt Lane, but it makes logistical sense to have everything on more or less the same site rather than spread between East Manchester, Moss Side and Carrington as it is now.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Honestly I wasn't really following the thread but thought it would be the appropriate place to post the post I posted.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Pissflops posted:

It's been a yolk around the club's neck.

A combo of yoke around their necks and egg on their faces?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

mynameisjohn posted:

better than paying roque santa cruz 90k

He's gone

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Cunts of a feather

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Easy jet every time, gently caress ryanair unless you are a midget.

No, gently caress ryanair even then

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Ninpo posted:

Yeah discrepancies in United's TV money from say, Arsenal's or Chelsea's is explained with funds from CL matches, FA Cup matches and League Cup matches. ITV pay more than Sky per match but don't get as many matches. League success is a factor as well, I believe Sky dynamically chose what to air during the season (see matches being rescheduled mid season as a result of this) depending on how important matches are. Are one of the teams a title rival, relegation candidate, etc.

United's TV revenue will be down this year as a result of league position, being out of domestic cups, etc.

Isn't there also some factor of bigger teams not having as many Saturday 3pm games? They're not permitted to be broadcast live in the UK (for those not in the know) so if you rarely get to be on SKY SUPER SUNDAY you're not going to get as much broadcast cash as the top clubs. Or is the UK Premier League broadcast money divided completely evenly and I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
The real comedy in that graph is the Italian teams' matchday revenue, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

duckmaster posted:

In Thailand there are billboards all over the place for Thai soft drink companies who proudly proclaim themselves Manchester Citys Official Thai Soft Drink In Thailand complete with photoshopped pictures of players enjoying Thai-Fizz or whatever.

I saw a similar one for a bottled water company in Burma but I'm almost sure they just made that up and Man City don't know they exist.

Probably leftover from the Thaksin Shinawatra days

• Locked thread