Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Wait, what's that about a Manc top?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Nah keep it here. It's doing no harm and if nothing else it lets the fans of other teams know how messy and convoluted a take-over is, with owners such as H + G.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

TyChan posted:

David Moores, the previous owner, admitted that the board did not investigate Hicks' prior history and was primarily focused on hammering out the financial details of the sale within a specified timeframe.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2010/05/26/in-full-the-david-moores-letter-about-liverpool-hicks-gillett-et-al-25050/

It's true that he probably fulfilled the due diligence standard. That does not really have anything to do with figuring out whether those guy will run a club the way you want them to, though.

The latter quote infuriates me so much. The first two sentences... gently caress.

Really though, the last sentence is the most worrying, for the future.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Other people's finances don't make Chelsea's spending any less preposterous. In City's case, they make them look neutral. Thing is but, yer a shower of wanks. You overpay for wanks and yer manager's one of them (-_*). GTF.

Also, hope Kakuta breaks his (Spirit, let's not be unnecessarily harsh on the kid) on his debut. Because of w00bi.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Rhgr posted:

I assume you mean Kalas? He cost 5.2 million and we sent him out on loan as it was the only way to get the club to agree to sell, we weren't the only club looking at him. While I do think that is grossly overpaying, we could do a lot worse. I mean we could be spending 7m on some unproven homeless guy from Portugal :rolleyes: , and at least Kalas has 20 odd youth caps. Oh and let's not forget Chris Smalling, who had played for Fulham the grand total of 4 times before Manchester United spent the best part of 13 million on him.

No one's arguing how insane Chelsea's previous spending was. But if you consider buying one player a year in a position where there is an obvious hole and building for the future big spending for a club with aspirations of winning the Champions League, there's a job waiting for you as Arsene Wenger's bank manager.

Football's dead, Chelsea's raping the corpse, let's all go home and cry over the death of the 3pm Saturday kickoff.

You actually may as well have said, LOOK!! SOMEONE ELSE IS DOING SOMETHINGELSE!

edit: Which hole is this? This Zirkhov, the left back? Oh aye, that hole, so necessary to fill, it's been entirely unneccessarily filled... you say things funny.

In a way, the hole neither exists nor is it filled nor is it necessary to be filled :) gnte.

ICA fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 19, 2010

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Lot 49 posted:

I don't think he was entirely serious tbh.

psure he was serious
glad fat turkey is here to sort us out though and keep us on the financial straight in narrow

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Wow.

Does he think. gently caress it. Wow.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I don't think that was his point.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Keep the loving window, reign in the madness to a few months a year. I can't deal with a non stop loving windmill of Torres - Chelsea, Torres - Man City, Gerrard - Real etc etc etcmirugtnvuenvunFUNCVMFVNMONONONONONONON!!!!

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Why do people think the frenzied pace of transfers and transfer rumours would be the same all year round, rather than just being a consequence of the smaller time in which transfers can happen?

Because I can't remember transfers before the windows, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Which team was that? I don't know who "us" are.

• Locked thread