Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

cheese posted:

The real question is, what does a starting XI with both City and Uniteds squads look like?

Annnnnnnd GO!

I pick your mum in every position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/8481549.stm

Crystal palace finally succumbed to administration and they only didn't pay players twice

Good day to be a Millwall fan. Now all I need is an unlikely looking West Ham implosion and it's all good.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
Get rowdy :twisted:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
I dislike United but I'd be up for terrorist action against the Glazers or any rich person really.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Big Black Sock posted:

True, but if the owners have a reputation for loving over their local fans they won't get nearly as many fans worldwide. When you can hand pick who to support, who wants to join in with a team that has douchebags for owners?

Erm you pick the team that wins stuff. Who gives a poo poo what the owners are like?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
In this very thread willKill4Food proves Big Black Sock wrong.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
I agree, as a Millwall fan I am pissed as hell that Roman has come and taken my team's trophies.

The only reason why I think exploiting the natural resources of entire region, stealing billions and billions from the people of a country, and living the high life via the help of corrupt friends is wrong is because I didn't manage to do it.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

s0meb0dy0 posted:

What EPL players would make the top 4 but aren't already playing for them?

Gerrard LOLOLOLOL

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Marquis de Pyro posted:

For those of us (me) who have no idea how television in the UK works, what is the deal here? Why can't Sky charge 50 trillion dollars if they want?

They can they can't however charge Sky customers 15 quid a month and customers who take the sports package via a rival 30 quid.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

MoPZiG posted:

People cant get enough football right now. I dont understand why the Championship couldnt have a more robust international TV deal of its own.

Because nobody gives a poo poo about the Championship?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

JingleBells posted:

Well they are owned by the chap that owns Bet365, I'm sure they've got plenty of cash to spend based on how well goons bets go

Thirteenth Step alone has surely covered a Drogba or Torres purchase.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
Cheapest was 893 pounds but I think the VAT change has pushed that up a bit.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
United obviously have money, remember their £29 million bid for Sneijder?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

willkill4food posted:

tbh I don't know if First Tower United is ever gonna win the premier league.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Tower_United_F.C.

Jack Walker is from Blackburn, not Jersey.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

willkill4food posted:

He might have been born in Blackburn, but he lived in Jersey for like 25 years. Therefore his hometown club was First Tower United.

He lived in Blackburn for ~45 years, I suspect that Blackburn, the town where he was born and spent most of his life in before moving to Jersey to become a tax exile would be considered his home town?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
Why are Arsenal bothering to pay their players it's not like they ever win anything anyway??

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

euroboy posted:

If you're a top 4 club you have to pay top 4 wages. If you pay your players the same kind of money as the teams around you then you can't expect to keep them.

Hello you never win things, might as well save that money, idiots.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
Well explain it then?????

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Jose posted:

Arsenal have a huge wage bill but most of it goes towards their kids. Fabregas is the only really high earner and honestly if they want to attract better players the kind that will actually help them win things they'll need to pay key players more. If they dropped off the massive budget to refocus it for this it might help.

This would still require Wenger actually signing anyone big who would demand those wages though

So your point was why pay the wages they do when they never win stuff, right, thanks...

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Byolante posted:

Do you want to be taxed for 90% of your earnings?

haha genius

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
As someone who earns 120K a week let me just say...

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
Is the sign ok though? It must have been a waking nightmare seeing stickers on things.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
My dad almost died trying to get some stickers off a sign once so this is a subject very close to my heart. Do you have photos of the damage?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
plase do not joke about Taff's sexuality in a serious thread

edit: sorry I thought that said bum, please ignore this post

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
*visits kebab shop many miles from home so he can make posts about how good his kebab shop is despite having many closer kebab shops*????

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Mash posted:

err I'm pretty sure you couldn't seeing as you're a registered rower.

I, on the other hand, could play for England, as I don't row.

I'm not English but you get my point surely

ah yes the old you can only play one sport rule, we all forgot about that.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Oh Em Gee posted:

It might work out for Leeds with Ken Bates but you are playing with fire having a man like him in charge of a club, especially one that can quite easily be a consistent top half EPL side with just some right management.

and about 6 new players minimum

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
If there is one thing City are after it's more money so very surprising not seeing them supporting it.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
Your (whichever) team has more money and resources and options than any team lower down the pyramid, therefore supporting any club that isn't at the lowest level of the pyramid is ultimately a pointless exercise since you started with a loaded deck anyway.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
The same clubs should continue to be big clubs because they got there first and it's unfair for fans who picked those big clubs to see someone else come along and take that away.

HOW AM I GOING TO MAKE POSTS LAUGHING AT ARSENAL IF UNITED DON'T WIN TROPHIES ANY MORE EITHER????

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Pissflaps posted:

Put every Manchester United fan against the wall first.

but United have won more trophies than Arsenal, how is that fair???

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
if Arab owners are so good how comes a bunch of Arabs don't own United?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January
Some of those Rangers players could go on to have a career in turkey or a similar league, please do not shoot them, please give turkey a chance

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Saurus posted:

Except no one is arguing for that, they're arguing for special dispensation when clubs need to sell their assets in order to stay afloat. Apparently Rangers have to cancel the contracts of their players to save wages and lose all of their investment instead of selling them and getting money back because of the transfer rules, and that's just ridiculous and incredibly harsh for teams in a bad financial position.

wow, poor Rangers, that's really terrible, but why are they in that position?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

please respond posted:

Al Jazeera is a poisoned brand name in the US, will their network carry that moniker?

Freedom Soccer

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

About fandom, many of my friends are avid Liverpool-supporters. Whenever I mention Manchester United, they get a hissy fit and start to badmouth the team, saying that they "hate it and everything the team stands for". Without apparently having a reason for that hate. I understand from the article that, simply put, the "scene" has obviously changed, from a working-class scene to a more middle class.

To be honest, I never really hated Liverpool like many ManU-fans do, simply because I never really had any reason to. Sure, there's obviously a rivalry there, but it's not like fans in another country can really see and feel that to full effect like fans in each respective city can. But what can you do; it's not like the whole world has the luxury to live and breathe in the same city as the team we support from across the world.

You're not a proper fan unless you look up your team's rivals on wikipedia, think up an insulting name for them and use it at every opportunity.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Masonity posted:

It's not even just the effect on the teams playing. Unless the premiership became a Sunday sport and didn't play any games 3pm Saturday, lower league teams would suffer badly.

Would you go see Bradford vs Plymouth when Chelsea vs Stoke is in the telly at the same time?

If I was a Bradford or a Plymouth fan, yes?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Masonity posted:

Those of us who post on football forums and the like probably wouldn't turn on our team, whoever they are, for the allure of a different game. The average match day fan might even say they wouldn't, instead claiming other commitments, time and cost as the reason they stopped going. However the fact that a big game was on TV would almost certainly lurk in the back of their mind, saying "Oh well, if you can't afford it, you could always stay home and watch the North London Derby instead..."

No one supports a lower league club just because they've not seen United on at 3pm. Those who go to lower league games are a million times more dedicated than almost all of the people who post here, I think you're doing the "average match day fan" a disservice considering they go to games instead of finding a stream and posting on the internet.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

Wirth1000 posted:

So how does this affect newly promoted teams from the championship? Do they get a promotion bonus so to speak or is it cross your fingers sort of thing trying to get a proper foothold in the premier league with significantly less money than everyone around you except the other two promoted clubs?

You get your cut of the tv deal but obviously you've been spending at a championship level so it's harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

TyChan posted:

What are the proposed penalties for not complying with the rule?

the fa ring up your accountant and call him bad names

• Locked thread