Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
Well good to see Man United and Chelsea are against it as well, at least. Wouldn't be surprised to see City backing Liverpool here.

It's such a terrible idea and would make the league even more uneven. Let's hope it never happens. :(

Euroboy: how big a club is Fulham in Norway by now? I see quite a few supporters and flags at the ground, and now the good Riise has moved here too it only seems to make us more popular there. I'm guessing the most popular non-top six team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past

8raz posted:

Thought experiment Byolante: Stoke get bought tomorrow and become the richest club of all time. They then buy Barcelona FC and simply field their starting 11. How do you react?

I'm guessing surprised.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past

Fists Up posted:

Whats the average person earning the belgian league?

I saw these stats the other day, it's like £100,000 to 200,000 a year in Belgium?

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past

rats off to ya posted:

ESPN released their annual "highest paying teams in the world" list again.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7850531/espn-magazine-sportingintelligence-global-salary-survey-espn-magazine

non-Champions League finalists FC Barcelona top said list.

edit: ranking on this list is so dumb. should be ordered by total payroll instead of average.

That wouldn't really work because it's across all sports which all have different team sizes. I'm surprised to see Arsenal have risen on that list after selling some of their best players and not buying anyone that high profile.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past
"...most of the cost was focused around a design for a stadium which many fans will remember as being the bigger, 70,000 seat proposition which never got built,” explained Ayre.

I love this team.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past

Wazzerphuk posted:

Al-Fayed has converted Fulham's outstanding loans into equity, which means we are now :siren: DEBT FREE :siren:

Which is lovely news. Whether this is simply him shaping up to flog us to Qatar is something we will find out in due course.

Yeah this is pretty awesome for us, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweek0
May 22, 2006

With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
But I lie about my past

Party in the UAE posted:

debt in and of itself is not a problem, guys. sheesh.

It's still kind of nice not to have any.

• Locked thread