Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Sub-Actuality posted:

Amazing, amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Wait so that CounterThink guy thinks that the best way to avoid cancer is to go out in the sun for long periods of time without sunscreen.

I guess it's ironic but it's really more :smith: for the fact that people will totally believe him and do this and then not blame him when they get skin cancer from it.

EDIT: Cryin' Abe Lincoln is the best.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Counterthink isn't ironic

No I'm saying it is ironic that people would go out in the sun to not get cancer because going out in the sun in fact causes cancer, except that people getting cancer isn't so much funny so it's really more sad.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

"and none of us has the USPS's mandate to deliver to everywhere in the entire country for a single price no matter what, which conservatives conveniently forget about"

Priority Mail owns, USPS owns, dtfedex dtups dtemail.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

raruler posted:

Matt 'Lazarus' Bors:

The board really makes the cartoon.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

CrumFUNist! posted:

up until now i was unaware of nuclear power causing zombification. thanks stephanie!

Do pray tell explain to us what energy solution is greener than nuclear, Ms. McMillan.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

change my name posted:

solar, wind, geothermal, hydroelectric (if done properly)

It also depends on how you define 'green' because in their own way all of those things are eco-unfriendly.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

Hey counterthink guy my father would most likely be dead today without statins so do shut up.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Hyosho posted:

Yeah that's just what they WANT you to think

if it wasn't for vaccines we'd all be 250 years old right now

Well obviously, BIG PHARM doesn't want you to know the health benefits of having polio.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Prof. Spaceman posted:

So "losing" is death and all those bumpers keep you from hurtling toward it?

Solid metaphor, actually.

No you see obviously 'losing' is being a SUPERMAN and those bumpers instead trap you with your thetans in wretched horror.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

CrumFUNist! posted:

:ughh:

notunderstandingfamousquotes.jpg

I mean the reference only makes sense if they don't, you know, have loving badges.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

pacerhimself posted:

what about an uncle who builds log cabins and competition shoots black powder for recreation?

Asay.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

frankenstein's monster isn't evil like darth vader, he's just tragic

That the monster exists is tragic but he himself is pretty evil. I mean if he'd just killed Frankenstein that'd be justified by the heinous crime of his very creation but instead he destroys everything Frankenstein has ever loved out of spite.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Soft Money 1M posted:

raises the question of nature or nurture. frankenstein says nature but the monster argues that he is not the sum of his parts but that of his experiences, a result of frankensteins abandonment. he only becomes that way after he is driven off from that family too

Yeah his malice towards the world is pretty understandable and Frankenstein should have expected when creating an abomination that he'd suffer some consequences for it.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Hyosho posted:

absolutely, but there comes a point where you can't make excuses for the creature's actions anymore, because paradoxically if you do, then you end up dehumanising him and reducing him to a mechanistic consequence of Frankenstein's actions rather than an independent, thinking being with free will.

Oh yeah I mean once he starts killing innocent people connected to Frankenstein things change substantially.

And the little droid at Vader's feet is what makes that image funny imo, it's just perfect somehow.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Hey guys I found this new Asay:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

A Bag of Milk posted:

I going to accuse you of being white and making this edit just because you wanted an excuse to say 'friend of the family.'

For liberals are the real racists etc etc.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

i want to think that the two swords on the left are connected

Also is it just me or is the horseman of unemployment armed with a katana or something?

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Yeah I can't unsee greece as that now.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

shortprsn posted:

Lester's pretty much dead on for this one.

And the Red Bull chicken is a pretty funny visual.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

CrumFUNist! posted:

hi i am misinformed about how nuclear power works

Well that's just infuriating.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

zeal posted:

is that a martian tripod

I think it is actually, which kinda owns.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

RolandTower posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/06/04/gaza.raid.autopsies/index.html?iref=allsearch

""From the analysis of the bullet distance on one of the bodies," Dr. Ince said, "the gun was fired between 2 and 14 centimeters' distance from the victim's head.""

"One casualty, a 19-year-old dual national Turkish-American citizen named Furkan Dogan, was found to have bullet wounds in his head and multiple bullets in his body, Ince said."

Nothing is consistent with "just defending myself from violent thugs!" like "multiple bodies with execution-style gunshot wounds to the head."

The only thing that surprises me is that the IDF didn't throw the bodies into the sea so the other sharks would dispose of the evidence.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

shortprsn posted:

OBONGO: Spearchucker President of Bongo-Bongoland's colony, Yankeeville.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Maarak posted:

I'll readily admit I haven't been following this case at all, but didn't this Van der Sloot guy come forward with information willingly once he was arrested?

Yes because he's trying to get sent back to Aruba where he won't be in a prison where the family of the woman he murdered can pay 50 bucks to have him gutted.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Bandanna posted:

man those guys can draw fast. Is Byrd even cold yet?

Eh, he was in the hospital as of like a week ago and is very old, I'd imagine they just played the percentages.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

Yes, yes, Delaware's giant tea party movement should sweep him out of office.

I mean seriously, Mike Castle, a RINO? I think it should sort of be understood that a Republican who can consistently win in a state that otherwise swings strongly liberal is not exactly ultra-right wing.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

tacodaemon posted:

If Rall would be this good consistently his lovely art would be more excusable.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Fuego Fish posted:

Oh, I thought it was going to be something convoluted, like the UK celebrating July 4th because they're happy not to have a goddamn black president

Yeah I'm pretty sure I remember he's in Kentucky and basically everyone there lives only for college basketball.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Fuego Fish posted:

As a Brit, "UK" automatically means "United Kingdom" to me. It's like seeing "NYC" on a shirt and finding out it can also stand for "Nice Young Chaps" which is probably some kind of stupid British folk band I just made up right now to help make my point

It doesn't help that he hosed the logo up either honestly.

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

change my name posted:

looks like team hamas is blasting off again!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Fuego Fish posted:

This is the best thing I've heard all day :allears:

edit: posting Donna Barstow's epic work entitled "borat dot gif"

The angles in that are just all wrong, it's like H.P. Lovecraft's Laptops in the Witch House.