Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Tivac posted:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/11/boxee-box-delayed-until-november/

Ouch, November seems like a ways off.

Yep, later Boxee, unless this poo poo comes out for $99 what the hell is the point? It's going to have such outdated hardware by the time it hits market that it wouldn't be worth anything more than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i'm still hoping the delay is just to get the software up to par.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

hedgecore posted:

Tried to find this and obviously no one hear has one, but does anyone know if I plug a USB hard drive in and plug in the network cable too, if it will show up as network-attached storage so I can copy files right to the device from my computer? Would rather not stream if I didn't have to.

There might be an app for it or atleast some sort of SMB ability, but why download through your computer when you can just torrent right from the box itself.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

kri kri posted:

PC can do Netflix HD now

Very limited though, not nearly enough titles that are available in HD are available in HD for the PC.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

i'll order one after I see reviews from the goons that did buy one. I really do like the software too but they need to work on scrapping a little bit more.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Un-l337-Pork posted:

Couldn't I do something to trick the streaming sites into thinking that the Boxee is a regular computer?

This is how Google TV will get around it, since it's using android you can change how your browser reports to websites.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I use ATDHE.net on my 27" LCD TV every weekend for NFL Red Zone, it's sufficient.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

"If you have the familiar GUI then you are not running Boxee 1.0."

They shipped the box's with outdated software, that's not a good sign imo.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

canyonero posted:

If you were confused by Photex's post like I was, he's referring to Boxee's twitter, which now states:

someone also on the forums confirmed that the new website had Neflix and Hulu logos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/16/boxee-box-live-tv-dongle-shipping-for-49-in-january-2012-pre-o/

Looks like Boxee is releasing an dongle adding a Live TV option.

• Locked thread