Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IanMalcolm
Jan 22, 2010

Xythar posted:

Does this run Bittorrent?

And how well does it handle rich subtitle formats? I am thinking of upgrading because my Astone AP-100, while very good for the price, has a tendency to poo poo itself and display nothing whenever two or more subtitles appear on screen at once. If I could also use this to run Bittorrent etc. (with a USB hard drive plugged in of course) instead of having to run my computer all the time then I would be sold, especially if you can also use it as a NAS.

Or do I have to get a Popcorn Hour for that? If so, is there a newer equivalent to the Popcorn Hour that doesn't cost quite as much?

Boxee software runs rtorrent, so I suppose the Boxee Box will as well.
I've used Boxee with subtitles and it works just as expected. Even better: it finds the subtitles for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread