Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
I have an Xbox360 but am looking for something that can stream whatever I can throw at it from my laptop, would this be the right choice for me or is there something simpler? Also, can I hook up an external harddrive to the Boxee Box and then send files to it over the network?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
I posted this on the boxee forums but I figure you guys are smarter so I will post it here too. Would appreciate any advice:

My set-up:

1. 2TB WD HD plugged into Boxee Box over USB.

2. Boxee Box plugged directly into Linksys WRT54G Router.

3. Laptop with Windows XP connected to router over wireless.

I'm trying to access the hard drive from my laptop.

On the Boxee Box I went into the network settings and enabled sharing and deleted the password. I ran the XP network wizard on the laptop but the box does not show up. The router itself and a wireless printer do show up, and I can access them from my laptop. The laptop and the Boxee Box both connect fine to the internet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong? Could there be some router setting that is wrong? I have powered-off and restarted all of the devices.

Thanks in advance.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

Ziploc posted:

And made sure that the Boxee is on the same work group as the Windows7 box.

Thanks! I knew it was something obvious like that that I was missing.

• Locked thread