Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Will the new Boxee and Boxeebox support Netflix HD?

The more successful this is, the more those Comcast assholes are going to push to make Hulu for-pay anyways. :(

edit: I guess I use my 360 for Zune marketplace movies, Netflix and DVD's right now anyways, this would just replace the local media player stuff on the 360 and my cable box.

All it needs is some way to get Sirius on there and I'd be a happy clam.

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Omegaslast posted:

i probably missed it but im guessing this grabs movie covers for you??? im guessing it does with all the stuff it grabs for tv shows

the popbox does it im pretty sure, but popbox has stupid ads all over it and boxee doesnt. seems like an easy choice (even though boxee form factor is kind of weird)

Sure does. The beta is publicly available right now on their website, so you can get a feel for what the UI is going to be like before the box comes out.

• Locked thread