Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

YouTuber posted:

On top of that, nobody would buy it on looks either. Why the gently caress they chose a triangle is beyond me. Every company of worth knows to make their poo poo a rectangle because everyone else makes their poo poo rectangular. Customers just stack them on top of each other.

I was all set to buy one of these based on the specs until I saw the chassis. I don't even know what else to say except what the gently caress were they thinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

quote:

I've run an XBMC box for years but I'm tired of the hassle, it's a loving pain in the rear end and no HTPC enthusiast that comes to these threads can honestly admit they wouldn't prefer something like this, if it was stable. XBMC is a great project but gently caress Home Theater PCs.

I don't get this at all. It took me about 5 hours to get XBMC setup the way I want it and I doubt I will have to touch it for months or years to come. It is admittedly a giant pain in the rear end to setup but once you have it done, you can just leave it alone.

All I want from a BB is that same "play anything" experience + Netflix and etc. So far its quite a bit more problematic than XBMC as far as I can tell from playing around with it at a friends place. I'd love one of these for my bedroom but it looks like it still needs quite a bit work.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

ShadowStalker posted:

Wish Plex looked like the Boxee interface, don't really like the Plex UI. It's a pain to browse movies and TV shows

Some of the popular XBMC skins have been ported to Plex, might wanna check that out. I haven't tried any yet but I took a look through the skin forum last night. Saw Aeon Nox and the usual suspects.

Edit: oh nevermind, just realized they will probably only work with Plex Home Theatre and not the STB channels.

The Gunslinger fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 7, 2014

• Locked thread