Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

All we do is walk around believing birds!

StashAugustine posted:

I think thengreat advantage of "matched play" is you don't have to agree ahead of time what stuff you're bringing or what scenario you'll play, just show up with an army and you're set. I would like to see more interesting scenarios within this context though. I like Fantasy Flight (now AMG) games giving you a pregame scenario selection minigame, and it could be interesting to see that expanded- ie have scenarios where the margin of victory dynamically depends on the difference between the forces. I also feel like skirmish games (especially pre modern ones) have a tendency to feel like mini massed battles rather than a proper skirmish
It's frustrating how much wargamers have in common with RPG players that just want to show up and be along for the ride. There's a real reluctance to do scenarios, which I find wild because I almost always have more fun with scenarios than any kind of symmetrical equal table center scrum.

I wax on about this game so much, but I really liked the way Starship Troopers handled extemporaneous matches. You'd more often than not get an asymetric scenario in terms of deployment, objectives, and abilities, if not force values (though it also had a Priority Level mechanic so the more exotic your army, the harder the objective).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Play historicals. Almost every game is a scenario driven one. Yeah there's the more gamey side of the spectrum like Bolt Action / FoW that tilt towards the pick-up-and-play angle but those tend be be (wrongly, imho) seen as 'lesser' than trying to refight Waterloo for the billionth time.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

I’ve got no interest in one hour skirmish Wargames, but apparently the one hour skirmish scenarios book is another huge set of meaningful scenarios akin to the back of the OHW book by the same author.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
If i had to do even more homework before I got to throw dice and go 'pew pew' I'd not be in this hobby much longer.
I love a good specific scenario for missions, and Infinity definitely provides that for me. I love the idea of someone GMing a tabletop wargame, I haven't seen it done in an elegant fashion in contemporary games.

After Mars: Code Aurora I would love to see more games rip it off with individual mission goals for sure. Back to Inifinty with it's classifieds but even going full one person playing Power Pack and the other trying for Looting and Sabotaging sounds much easier to organise at the thursday night game night at the FLGS.

EdsTeioh posted:

Yeah, all resin minis, card resolution, bluffing, and the sort of "whimsy" aesthetic really make me want to avoid. It looks a lot like a Malifaux type thing to me.

Absolutely respect the self knowledge, the bluffing is completely different from Malifaux's basic higher card style bluffs but appreciate it's not for you.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Here's a couple of example scenarios, firstly from OHW:

And from OSS:

Cassa posted:

If i had to do even more homework before I got to throw dice and go 'pew pew' I'd not be in this hobby much longer.

I see what you're saying but if you're playing Infinity then that's complex AF and I don't really see how a scenario book to give you interesting things to play over is the obstacle here?

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

I don't want to dump on too much more here, but when players of RPGs bitch about 'homework' when I'm doing a GM's work, all I hear is pathetic baby wailing. It doesn't sound much different in wargames.

Also I really need to get off my rear end and start up some Mexican Civil War forces. That conflict is just ripe with unique and interesting battles.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Has anyone played ’Mech Attack’ ? What’s the deal with heavy gear these days?

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Cassa posted:

Absolutely respect the self knowledge, the bluffing is completely different from Malifaux's basic higher card style bluffs but appreciate it's not for you.

Bluffing in and of itself I don't have much of an issue with; Netrunner is one of my favorite games ever, but I don't really want it as a subsystem in another game. I never actually played much Malifaux either since it didn't really seem like my thing either. HOWEVER, after hearing all of you guys talk about it, it sounds like a good game that isn't for me, so I recommended my friend pick it up.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Southern Heel posted:

What’s the deal with heavy gear these days?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4034165

Depends on what you mean by 'these days'.

The last and upcoming year: New models are direct 3D prints and cheaper than the metal ones, and so far no more complaints about them than the metals. Caprice has had a ton of units added to it, but random other faction models as well; this month is the Wasserjager. 4th ed RPG is coming out this quarter and heralding an advancement of the timeline, which will see a whole new faction join the game. There's some Beta testing rules for a v3.2 of the game that keep showing up in the companion doc udpates; current ones are flexible actions which I haven't gotten a chance to try yet, but let you save and borrow actions from other turns. DP9 is showing up to a few convetions this year, and there's a tournament in Ottoawa next month.

Slyphic fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 25, 2024

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Southern Heel posted:

I see what you're saying but if you're playing Infinity then that's complex AF and I don't really see how a scenario book to give you interesting things to play over is the obstacle here?

Oh right entirely misread what you were proposing. Scenarios are cool yes, absolutely agreed! I thought you were suggesting the players/GM-equiv simply come up with exciting new scenarios each time, my bad!

EdsTeioh posted:

Bluffing in and of itself I don't have much of an issue with; Netrunner is one of my favorite games ever, but I don't really want it as a subsystem in another game. I never actually played much Malifaux either since it didn't really seem like my thing either. HOWEVER, after hearing all of you guys talk about it, it sounds like a good game that isn't for me, so I recommended my friend pick it up.

Rulebooks free and only about 20 pages, they even have paper standees available for most models so you don't have to deal with resin and painting things if you don't want!

https://www.moonstonethegame.com/downloads

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

My usual MO is to test a variety of rules with the same minis and scenarios, just for a laugh and to see how they shake out. For a baseline I decided to use Warhammer fantasy 3rd edition to compare rank and flank fantasy games. I know it’s not strictly independent, but being almost 40 years out of print and bearing no relation to the current game hopefully it’s okay to post here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr7wo3BQGEM

Southern Heel fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jan 26, 2024

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

On the note above (sorry for doublepost) is why I asked about Heavy Gear, so:

I mean really does the tabletop game hold up on its own merits? I've been recently pointed at MechAttack by Armor Grid and it's a FANTASTIC mech-based skirmish game. I've not played enough to know if it's even remotely balanced, but it was super enjoyable with literally everything about BattleTech pared to the very minimum required to get a game that feels like giant mechs, tanks and troops running around without thousands of pages of rules and errata and a very elegant datasheet for tracking damage and unit stats.

How it started:

How it ended:

Battle Report and more in-depth here: https://williamswargames.wordpress.com/2024/01/26/battle-report-mechattack/

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Heavy Gear currently does what it sets out to do well. 6-18 models per side, infantry air and tanks mix in just fine with the predominant mechs. That said, the game is built for badass ace pilots, and trying to run a chaff army of conscripts is technically possible but tactically a failing plan, though the recent experimental action rules are supposed to address that.

Gameplay is reasonably quick and there's certainly not much I can see in the game that's superfluous. The average size game is 100-150TV per side, and we complete those games in 2-3 hours of frankly slow casual play, but the one time we tried to really stay on it, we did 150 in 90 minutes no problem. I've got my own notes on a few ways to improve the game, but I have those for literally every game I've ever played.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Tried out Horizon Wars in solo mode. Spoilers: It sure seems like I won in one turn, or at least it felt inevitable. Perhaps I misjudged things, so I left the table as it was at the end of turn 1 so I can try another turn tomorrow night if I've got the time to see how correct I am in that assessment. Also entirely possible I hosed something up rules-wise, but it could just be that a 'real' two player game is necessary to properly assess the game and solo mode is just a silly side thing.

https://asciolist.org/2024/01/26/horizon-wars-solo-game/

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Southern Heel posted:

On the note above (sorry for doublepost) is why I asked about Heavy Gear, so:

I mean really does the tabletop game hold up on its own merits? I've been recently pointed at MechAttack by Armor Grid and it's a FANTASTIC mech-based skirmish game. I've not played enough to know if it's even remotely balanced, but it was super enjoyable with literally everything about BattleTech
Something maybe worth adding here is that Heavy Gear, despite the thread title, has completely different inspirational material than Battletech and thus aims for and plays like a very different game. It's not giant stompy robots.

It's Armored Trooper Votoms, Gundam: 08th MS Team, Patlabor, and a handful of other things but those are the biggest and boldest influences (and in that order). The 'ScopeDog' mech from Votoms speaks loudly for itself.

- Jager firing autocannon and rocket pack
- heavy autocannon (note the shape of the ammo box)
- secondary movement systems (the heelies most gears have)
- a spike gun, as found on manay paratrooper gears

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Heavy Gears are also generally a decent sized smaller than other franchise mechs from what I remember, although that can vary

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Thanks, that’s very interesting! I want to try and Mech attack with some combined arms before moving on. It seems it’s effectively abandonware, but a complete game. My test game was very fun!

Southern Heel fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jan 29, 2024

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

In line with my post in the Historicals thread bemoaning I'm finding historical fighting sail and pre-dreadnought games a bit underwhelming despite how excited I get about the IDEA of them - is there a sci-fi or fantasy naval game (either space, land, air or sea) which is actually really fun to play and doesn't have A4 sized record sheets per ship, and ideally solo friendly? I feel this is just chasing a perfect game that doesn't exist.

Slyphic posted:

It's Armored Trooper Votoms, Gundam: 08th MS Team, Patlabor, and a handful of other things but those are the biggest and boldest influences (and in that order). The 'ScopeDog' mech from Votoms speaks loudly for itself.
- Jager firing autocannon and rocket pack

To clarify, this is super cool. MechAttack while substantially complete lacks a melee system (though bizarrely has a 'break away from B2B' mechanic) and I've recently been enjoying some 80's anime in the background while I'm working - Patlabor, Gundam, etc. These all have a significant melee combat element to them - whether it's grappling, laser swords or whatever. Is there a way in for someone with a 3D printer and internet access, or is this really best done through the official starter sets? One small thing that puts me off is the number of figures - maybe I'm just too used to how battletech works.

Sojenus posted:

Tried out Horizon Wars in solo mode. Spoilers: It sure seems like I won in one turn, or at least it felt inevitable. Perhaps I misjudged things, so I left the table as it was at the end of turn 1 so I can try another turn tomorrow night if I've got the time to see how correct I am in that assessment. Also entirely possible I hosed something up rules-wise, but it could just be that a 'real' two player game is necessary to properly assess the game and solo mode is just a silly side thing.

https://asciolist.org/2024/01/26/horizon-wars-solo-game/

I did read this, by the way - seems like an odd activation mechanic. I'm always super-aware of alpha strike type problems in solo games so maybe less of a factor against a real opponent?

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

There aren't any straight proxies for heavy gear, but there's plenty of generic STLs that would fit the bill out there, and tons of scopedogs. That said, the plastic starter armies are extremely good value. The one caveat is that the first generation plastic starters aren't as well designed molds as the later ones. The NuCoal, Peace River, CEF, and Utopia plastic army boxes are great, but the North and South army boxes are noticably less detailed, less posable, and have a couple weird problems (misaligned edge on a knee cap, blowout in an engine grill, vacuum divot in a rocket pack)

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Southern Heel posted:

I did read this, by the way - seems like an odd activation mechanic. I'm always super-aware of alpha strike type problems in solo games so maybe less of a factor against a real opponent?

I think it almost certainly would be. Solo mode enemies work differently than player units in that they just have 3 hit points to take down, as opposed to the attrition/fatigue mechanic of player units, and the mission had them in the center of the table while I was walking my things on from any point to get optimal shots off from medium range. In standard play, you'll likely have opposing board edges and smarter deployment, so player units being shot at from long range are going to take less hits that can then be allocated to lowering whatever stats are deemed least important, rather than being destroyed outright.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Southern Heel posted:

In line with my post in the Historicals thread bemoaning I'm finding historical fighting sail and pre-dreadnought games a bit underwhelming despite how excited I get about the IDEA of them - is there a sci-fi or fantasy naval game (either space, land, air or sea) which is actually really fun to play and doesn't have A4 sized record sheets per ship, and ideally solo friendly? I feel this is just chasing a perfect game that doesn't exist.

This is maybe terrain you've already covered, but have you checked out KOW Armada, which sounds like basically exactly the game you're talking about? Well - AFAIK there's no solo rules other than playing both sides, but, it's a fantasy sail naval game with a more abstract approach to damage and stuff. I haven't personally played it but the community is sizeable in some locations and Mantic seem to think it does well.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Armada is Warlord's Black Seas game with some fantasy stuff tacked on. Which is not an insult, I've enjoyed many games of Black Seas. Activation is based on the direction of the wind so alpha strike is impossible and it makes solo gaming very easy since once the maneuvering happens the ships will not be activating in the same way. There is still some paperwork required for damage tracking, mast speed, etc but it isn't nearly as bad as the other "fast" sailing game Fire as She Bears. It's a step up in complexity from Fighting Sail so you won't be using as many ships if you want to actually finish a game in a decent time.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Maybe I should check out Armada/Black Sails but the little voice in my head says 'well why not just do historicals' and I can't easily silence it despite the obvious shortcomings I'm finding with purely historical naval games. While I puzzle that out (and wait for my next infantry miniature delivery) I quickly knocked out a couple of vehicles and some ground troops to round out a pair of combined-arms MechAttack forces:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I actually just finished painting up an Armada force - not I just have to print and paint a rival force so I can play some games

I love it, you can also use historical ships as the "Kingdom of Men" faction if you want to crossover.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Count Thrashula posted:

I actually just finished painting up an Armada force - not I just have to print and paint a rival force so I can play some games

I love it, you can also use historical ships as the "Kingdom of Men" faction if you want to crossover.

Absolute pro click right there. Fantastic!!

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

For the upthread discussion of different materials for 6 mm models, I’ve mostly worked with plastic and metal but not resin of either poured or printed variety. Onslaught miniatures sells some cool resin “not” Tau, but some of the battle suits look somewhat spindly. When people talk about resin being fragile, just how fragile are we talking? I understand a fall from table to floor is likely to be a tragedy, but is regular jostling in a foam case going to be problem?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I have a lot of 3D printed resin mechs for Battletech and they can sometimes be spindly or have obviously fragile features such as antennae. The only real damage I've had to them is when I transport them home after receiving a fresh print as I often just put them at the top of whatever bag I have with me. I've only ever really had arms or legs snap off, which are an easy enough fix, especially before priming or painting. When specifically transporting them for a game in a properly padded container, I've had no issues, and this is riding at 80kmh on a scooter over roads that have questionable maintenance.

However, the quality and brittleness of 3D printed resin may not be the same as resin from a professional cast.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

The Malthusian posted:

For the upthread discussion of different materials for 6 mm models, I’ve mostly worked with plastic and metal but not resin of either poured or printed variety. Onslaught miniatures sells some cool resin “not” Tau, but some of the battle suits look somewhat spindly. When people talk about resin being fragile, just how fragile are we talking? I understand a fall from table to floor is likely to be a tragedy, but is regular jostling in a foam case going to be problem?

For printed figures you can use different kinds of resin with more or less flexibility. A large proportion of the new generation of resins don't need post-curing, or can have a very short cure which means they can be even more flexible. The only real problems I've found with fragility are with figures which have been scaled down rather than designed for a given scale - see comment re: Henry Turner above.

EDIT: In a practical sense Henry Turner bayonets and standards in resin are totally fine. I think the only time I've had a breakage is when I had a 10mm orc based on a penny fall off the table onto a hard floor at a certain angle where it broke at the ankles (and which just required gluing together)

Southern Heel fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jan 31, 2024

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
I think I've asked you this before but for ABS-Like what's your usual cure time? I tend to do 2 min but wondering if that's too long now.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
I remember reading a while back from one of the Atlas 3DSS guys that overcuring is a myth - just found that explanation again.

quote:

Resin curing is a polymerisation reaction, like super glue or epoxy "drying". Once the reaction is done, it's done. Longer curing times can be useful to curing the insides of thicker parts, and they can be important for engineering resins (the manufacturer will usually specify recommended curing times for these), but usually aren't necessary for model resins where we're mostly just trying to seal the outside so they're not sticky.

If you're curing in a curing oven with ~405nm LEDs you can't really leave it too long. If you're curing in the sun, you might have some issues with long exposures, but that's because sunlight has shorter wavelength UV light which degrades plastic. Same as leaving anything plastic in the sun.

Longer curing time can increase discolouration, but this only really matters if you want a pure white or pure transparent print without any yellowing. If it's something like an ultraclear resin, the manufacturer will usually recommend cleaning and curing or other post processing steps to maximise clarity.

Longer curing times can cause issues if you use a nail polish curing thing, or a cheap curing oven like Anycubic's offerings which use the same LEDs. The LEDs have multiple chips in them, some of which giv eus the good 405nm, but some produce 365nm or similar. The shorter wavelength isn't enough to ionise or cause sunburn, but it can mess with plastics, and additives in the resin. It leads to a LOT more discolouration than 405nm, especially on clear resins. It is better at making things fluoresce than 405nm though which can be cool with come resins, because it really makes it look like the model is glowing in the curing oven.

Cleaning resin parts involves dissolving the uncured resin, and if you leave it long enough, you can end up starting to dissolve out partially cured resin or other additives. Depending on the resin and the cleaning solution, cleaning for too long can damage the plastic and result in cracking. Some resins are really sensitive, but the manufacturer will recommend maximum cleaning times (e.g. Phrozen TR300 ultra high temp resin recommends no more than 5 minute cleaning in IPA).

Some cleaning solutions can act differently with the same resin. On my usual epoxy-based model resin I found that IPA is usually pretty neutral without significant side effects; denatured alcohol, or at least the additives which discourage drinking, can cause cracking and brittleness so I avoid it even though it's cheap; acetone is too aggressive and damages the model even worse than denatured alcohol; ResinAway (mostly DiPropyleneGlycolMonoMethylEther or DPM) cleans a lot better than IPA and doesn't have a lot of short-term side effects but does slowly soften the prints over time.

Parts come off the printer only mostly cured which is why they get less sticky and harder during curing. This can bring out some of the hard brittleness of resins which wasn't obvious before curing, but doesn't actually directly make it brittle. If you're worried about brittleness you're better off using a slightly more flexible resin or mixing in some flexible resin rather than undercuring parts.

For long term part stability, I personally prefer to cure a little longer than probably necessary. Making sure the print is completely cured before doing any gluing, painting, or bolting means that the polymerisation reaction is complete, and the part shouldn't cure more over time from ambient light which may lead to weird shrinkage or warping which could stress joints or mess with coatings. Complete curing means the reactions are all over and it shouldn't change any more than any other plastic part.

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Springfield Fatts posted:

I think I've asked you this before but for ABS-Like what's your usual cure time? I tend to do 2 min but wondering if that's too long now.

Cure time depends on intensity of light source, so unless you've got a way to measure that, no one can give you a useful answer.

I just printed a batch of spindly stuff and cured portions in 30s intervals and found the minimal time that guaranteed nothing was uncured. I can tell you 10mm fantasy figures of 100% sun-lu ABS in an Elegoo Mercury curing station should be cured at least 2 minutes. I usually go with 4m unless it's particularly chunky, but also because I timed the rotations of the platform and that gives me a smidge more than 3 full rotations for even curing as well.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Atlas Hugged posted:

I have a lot of 3D printed resin mechs for Battletech and they can sometimes be spindly or have obviously fragile features such as antennae. The only real damage I've had to them is when I transport them home after receiving a fresh print as I often just put them at the top of whatever bag I have with me. I've only ever really had arms or legs snap off, which are an easy enough fix, especially before priming or painting. When specifically transporting them for a game in a properly padded container, I've had no issues, and this is riding at 80kmh on a scooter over roads that have questionable maintenance.

However, the quality and brittleness of 3D printed resin may not be the same as resin from a professional cast.

Mix in a flexible resin. I'm using a resin that comes with a bit of flex in the blend already, but 10-20% tenacious will eliminate 90% of the problems you see. It will reduce detail "technically", but I can't say I've really noticed the difference

About the only time I have stuff break on me is when I drop a model with a painting handle attached to it. The extra weight just obliterates models on concrete

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

Speaking of sourcing models (of various materials), I’ve been buying sets of CAV plastics and DZC starters before I realized they were 10 mm. Obviously, that means the models will be almost double size relative to 6 mm—but during play, just how tolerable would you all find that kind of difference? The most obvious effect for me is the 10 mm vehicles are all 30-40 mm long while the 6 mm are 20-30 mm, but I guess I could claim the 10 mm are “super heavies” or something. I’m thinking it might be harder to square the infantry size differences, but I can’t compare until my 6 mm models get here. Is that difference in scale for basic troopers pretty noticeable? (Obviously I get that it comes down to personal preference but wanted to hear your experiences with these different scales)

Slyphic
Oct 12, 2021

Left to Right: 6mm infantry figure from C-in-C, Dropzone Commander UCM Legionnaire, Talon CAV Heavy Infantry

Infantry is pretty noticeable, not gonna lie. Vehicles you've got a lot more scale fudge to work with; a 10mm light unit works as a 6mm heavy whatever most of the time, and a 6mm medium can be a 10mm drone or something.

Slyphic fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 1, 2024

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

I'd been wondering about the Talon CAV infantry and couldn't find many comparison pics of them, so thanks for that--they are huge compared to 6 mm and other 10 mm! I guess I'll just pick up vehicles and mechs from that line. I'll look for chunkier 6 mm models (big power armor troops only?) if I want to mix in 10 mm, but otherwise that extra 4 mm is pretty noticable. Thanks!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Don't think of it as only 4 mm, think of it as nearly double the size

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

The Malthusian posted:

Casting resin behaves differently from printed resin and printed resins also behave differently depending on the mix.

If the model has been cast then while fragile it should be fine to sit in a foam case.

The printed resin can be extremely brittle and may spontaneously fracture. I had a Battletech Atlas snap it's ankles following a fall onto carpet, and those are some really chonky ankles. OTOH if the printer knows what they're doing they'll go for something more flexible and then it shouldn't be materially different from casting resin.

Regarding your other question on 6mm infantry - I've had a really hard time finding good sized 6mm "power armour". There's a variety of GW style terminators (both official and not) but they're only marginally bigger than the average 6mm dude. If you want a more substantial suit of power armour and want to avoid the GW aesthetic then you may look into Battletech Power Armour. A lot of the casts are hot garbage but there are some good ones and they stand between 8-10mm and are more substantial. It doesn't really help that 6mm is a mess of a scale and you have guys standing anywhere from 6mm to top of head, 6mm to eyes to 8mm to top of head all technically falling in the same scale with varying levels of chonkiness to boot.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
You could do the flip of this and use GHQ infantry for the normal guys. They're 1:285 true scale so even an 8mm Space Marine would be huge next to them. Yeah it's contemporary equipment but at that scale 'guy with rifle / missile launcher / heavy weapon" is mostly a difference of paint job to turn them into Imperial Guard or something.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
My BattleTech infantry are all 1:300 Heroics & Ros modern British. You can tell they have appropriate bullpup rifles for the area of space they occupy, so they work fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Arquinsiel posted:

My BattleTech infantry are all 1:300 Heroics & Ros modern British. You can tell they have appropriate bullpup rifles for the area of space they occupy, so they work fine.

Aren't they all Davions then.