Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Raven457 posted:

Touche good sir. I am the aforementioned owner of sick new bike. I really like it so far. There was nothing wrong with my Z1000 and I liked that bike as well but it was a bit awkward in certain situations. What's great is that I use my bike for work now...except I work with kids on the spectrum so I carry toys and books around in my truck space. So far, none of the kids have noticed that I ride a motorcycle which is actually very good. I don't want to the be one that gets them into it, parents end up hating you. However most kids on the spectrum never get driver's licenses so maybe I worry too much.

So basically I'm this weird chick on a sumo with toys in the back. The new way to pick up kids? Possibly...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Raven457 posted:

If only there were more like ya, the world would be a better place. Enjoy the new wheels and stay safe! =)

Thanks!

I actually need to figure out a better gear situation. Right now, I wear full gear except for pants because I have to look presentable for families. I'd like to find something I can wear under jeans; Z3n said the Bond body armor would be too noticeable. I'm out of money right now so I guess it can wait for a bit.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Z3n posted:

9R:
Rotting, quietly in the corner. Carbs are probably almost clogged again, sigh. I need to get the hardware for the stator so that I can mount it in the side cover again, and then the engine will at least be complete and oil tight again. After that, it needs a new chain, an airbox, left and right side rearset brackets, and some other odds and ends.

Get that piece out of my garage. It's ugly and stupid :colbert:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
No I'm not happy about my transmission.

And the piece of poo poo still sits in the garage untouched.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Z3n posted:

Last night I picked up a trailtech X2 for the g/f for 80$ and got a new transmission for the DRZ for 85$. Overdrive transmission, here I come!

You always alternate what title you call me by. Pick one and either marry me or don't.

There's something wrong with the new front end on Z3n's bike. I'll let him update because I don't know what's up, but when I brake coming off the freeway the front end feels like I'm riding on a flat tire. I rode it to the stable today and back because my bike is dead right now but he told me to leave it at home and take the truck in case it exploded or something like that on me. Party pooper, it was extra fun since it was raining today :colbert:

And his brakes suck. I'm convinced there's something cursed about this bike and it will always be retarded. Pretty hard to compete with my bike anyway :smugbert:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Dubs posted:

Hows the X2 headlight comparo to stock?

It's not as good as you would think. I have yet to test it in pitch-black at night, but overall I'm a bit apathetic towards the light it puts out. It looks cool though! :haw:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
It looks pretty cool actually, and painting is easier than one might think. Next up: my wheels are going fluorescent 80's pink. Perhaps half blue and half pink, not sure yet.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
Never ended up taking it in to the dealer. The transmission is fine, I think it needed to break in considering there are 800 miles on the car and I bought it with 30. They really are cool little cars and I strongly encourage anyone in the market for a new one to check them out. I'm not a mellow driver and I'm getting 36 mpg combined driving. I think we could do an easy 40 mpg on a long freeway trip.

Z3n will not clean the garage so I can put Lorenzo back in it :qq:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

redscare posted:

You have means of making him do your bidding. Use them.

We don't function like that :colbert: ;)

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
Yes, my car is from the future :science: I was wondering how that would impact the loan and depreciation because if the car is a 2011 it's considered it's first year next year technically. I know I know it doesn't make sense, people care about mileage not so much year.

I'm trying to keep him clean. This is the first new thing I've owned and I'd like to keep it nice at least for the first few years. Plus he's all shiny and black right now.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
Proof.

I want to make beetle wings and attach them to the roof. Can't you just see this car crawling up the side of a tree? It looks like a big bug.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Ola posted:

Curb feelers pointing forward, searching for prey.

Brilliant :xd:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
I should probably check in on this thread more eh? I'm not ignoring you Jabs, thanks for the Fiesta link. I love that picture of the Fiesta, like a beetle preparing for insect battle.

And as for my thoughts on children, yes I will have 1 one day. Not in the next 5 years, and if there's anything wrong with it I'm killing it and having another one. No one will ever know :colbert: All kidding aside, my clock is very quiet right now. It only comes out a bit when I'm around my nephew (people think I'm his Mom he looks exactly like me) and even then I ignore it. I am, above all else, an insanely practical person and I know what a commitment children are. When I'm in a financially stable place and Conan's on board, hoorah. Until then, I keep my ovaries under lock and key.

Speaking of being practical, we're selling the DRZ. Conan needs money for his race fund and I'm willing to let my bike go for that right now. I don't have much time to ride and when we went on a ride yesterday I didn't really enjoy it BECAUSE Z3N HAS COMPLETELY hosed UP MY FRONT END AND IT DOESN'T STEER :mad: Don't trust him around your bikes ever, he's a deceitful man ;)

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Z3n posted:

If you were 200 pounds it'd feel just great. :colbert:

:stare:

You don't even weigh 200lbs, what's the point? I'm trying to be nice and you insult my weight :colbert: Asshat :jerkbag:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Z3n posted:

I love this picture of her, it sums her up with one look.

We usually are not posting at the same time. I work from home and might check forums on a break while Conan's at his office. When we first met, I had hinted to Conan that I liked him and was not able to get a read on his response. So I IMed him and we had a whole chat about relationships online and he gave me a sob story about his ex girlfriend. He wasn't ready to date yet and I was fine with that, but he could have just told me.

Sometimes it is easier at times to discuss something online rather than in person, but fortunately Conan has learned and can just talk in real life now ;)

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
No one is allowed to come in this thread and suggest that Conan race something other than supersports. It's what he really likes and I spent years trying to have him consider cheaper options but he just likes road racing.

I will kill you if you cross me :colbert:

I'm actually very nice and loving I promise :ohdear:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

needknees posted:

Don't worry, I'm trying to get him to race dirtbikes in addition to road racing!!! Totally different!

Trackdays on the big bike, race days on the dirtbike. Best of both worlds!

Likely story :colbert:

The thing that's really sad is that we make very good money for a couple our age, but since we live in Santa Barbara, it seems to go down the tube more quickly than it would in say, Iowa. I went to Planned Parenthood recently because my health insurance had not kicked in yet. When I told the lady how much our combined monthly income was before taxes, she looked at me like I was insane and asked why I didn't have health insurance. I love Planned Parenthood so much but why is everyone there bitchy all the time? :(

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

sirbeefalot posted:

What in the blue gently caress. I feel like I should do a ride-along some time and learn all the secrets to finding these deals.

Sorry they're copyrighted :colbert:

I do often complain to Conan about how some guys are assholes to me when we're at the track. Now, this has never, ever been a problem with goons; I have yet to meet a goon who wasn't nice and I didn't like. However, if you're extra nice to me I might give away some secrets :smug:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

That sucks, in what way? My girlfriend comes to the track with me to shoot photos and just kind of watch the events unfold, and everybody always was nice to her and complimented the fact that she was willing to go out to a "boys' event." She even got a moped to borrow for scooting around!

It wasn't an issue when we went to Salt Lake City, I think it's the worst in CA. I'm also not a very typical girl, I often joke that I'm secretly a man and some guys who are insecure around forward women don't like me. I also ride and I think that sometimes changes things. I can't tell you how many blank stares I used to get when I had the Z1000. "Do you ride?" "Yeah I have a Z1000 right now" :stare: Can anyone explain that? My friend Tori (who some of you will meet at the upcoming track day says "It's because chicks on liter bikes are hot". Well thanks Tori, but I suspect something else is going on ;)

The worst experience I had actually was when I volunteered for a local race weekend championship. I have never encountered so many unfriendly people in my whole life. I was doing registration (the first person they had to interact with that morning) and people wouldn't even say "Hi" or "How's it going" or even look at you sometimes. It could have been race day anxiety/competitiveness coming in early but I don't really think that is an excuse for basic politeness. The girl doing registration with me had been volunteering for years so a lot of the guys knew her pretty well. However, there was one glaring difference between the two of us: she was very pretty, aggressively marketing her cleavage and winked/kissed at/flirted with every dude who came through under the age of 50. She had also recently gotten engaged and the drama surrounding that was worthy of :rolleyes: I've never seen so many guys desperately falling over themselves to get her attention. Not to go all feminist up in here but I clearly wasn't worthy of their basic attention because I wasn't putting myself on display. That was just one experience, and maybe that was just that group: people weren't friendly to Conan either that weekend.

Also, most events I go to are AFM races and the atmosphere there is very different. It's not your small gathering of friends just having fun at the track, but rather many guys who think too highly of themselves running around and trying to be important. Don't get me wrong, I think that 90% of AFM racers I've met are pretty nice guys who are super friendly and are just there because they love racing. The other 10% are pretentious douche-bags who think they're hot poo poo and then go home with their tail between their legs at the end of the day when they've come in dead last :xd: Racing is a very humbling experience and the guys who come rolling in with their brand new lifted truck and fulled modded brand new CBR or whatever with a smug look on their face are usually the first to end up on their rear end. Coincidentally, these guys are also usually the unfriendly ones.

Sorry for the long rant, I think there's a lot of factors that come into this, my personality and background being a big one. I'm very happy to talk with people and get to know them but I'm also not going to fall all over you for attention. For the upcoming track day I'm just going to go with my own thing, I'll be the one with the cowboy hat and grill :clint:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Retsalb posted:

Why sell it? Besides the well documented and easily fixable stator issues, it's a really, really solid and well handling bike. Reasonable fast too. I'd prefer this bike over your GSX-R, but that's probably just me. It could be a very reliable daily drive. Sell the car instead ;)

My car is way cooler and I don't like this bike; it's old and stupid :colbert:

Conan and I just don't like riding supersports on the street. Too uncomfortable over long distances :(

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

TheFonz posted:

YOU ARE OLD AND STUPID!!!

Your butt is old and stupid :colbert:

It's a fine bike, I just never cared for the supersports. The older ones were awesome for their time and even still cool today, but I'm just a supermoto girl.

Arcane posted:

drat you two have been busy. Eliminated some bikes and gained a new one. I should be coming down in two weeks. Hopefully we can hang out and I can check out the new pretties.

OHOHOHOH COME VISIT ME WE CAN PAINT OUR NAILS AND TALK ABOUT GIRL THINGS!

Or maybe we can ride motorcycles and laugh at boys ;)

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Arcane posted:

I guess technically it's next weekend. Feb 18-21. oh yes! DUCK!

Yes to both please! Also I've been craving pistachios. You guys have a farmer's market on the weekends right?

Well we'll be here Saturday for sure :) We have a trackday Sun/Mon and then we're getting the duck Tuesday so you'll just miss her :(

There are excellent pistachios at the farmer's market here. The Saturday morning one is the biggest in the area and there's a nut guy there :parrot:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Retsalb posted:

No, I really don't like the F2, it's way too solid, handles too good and is too sexy for me to own. It's however perfect for Z3n. His wife should shut the gently caress up and place her jealousy elsewhere.

Hey there cold northerner, I know your kind I'm descended from your stock. Your grouchy exterior cannot make up for the fact that deep down inside you're a soft hearted person with a weak spot for ugly and out-dated technology.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Russian Bear posted:

What's the valve adjustment interval on that duck?

Cool pet.

Daily, but she does her own valves ;)

For those interested, she's a rare breed developed in the US called a Cayuga.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Endless Mike posted:

This guy has gotten over 22000, so there you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLq8emUnzgA

:3:

I've seen this one it's very cute. That's a Chinese Crested Duck.

And as for taste, I don't like rabbit or duck so my pets are not in danger of being eaten. This is why I can't have a pet pig.

This is what she's doing right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crki9vwbGMw

Bunway Airlines fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 24, 2011

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Saga posted:

Requesting lap times for the duck.

Definitely not C group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIDrGXzC2bw

Check her out at about 50 seconds.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
You guys are welcome to check out my PI thread I'll be posting updates in there regularly.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3392768

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

ReelBigLizard posted:

I have a theory about Z3n. He is only attracted to bikes that aren't quite right, like those people who are attracted to sick people. Once they are better his interest wanes until a point where he can no longer suffer them to live.

And so he euthanises at the earliest excuse, dissects them and sells the organs so he can buy a new 'project', and the process repeats.

He doesn't do it with women so he does it instead with bikes.

I think anyone who has met me can testify that I'm the most sane woman ever. As our friend says women are like cats, he spends his days thinking "What does kitty want?" except for me. He told me he's never at a loss for what I'm thinking :xd:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Bucephalus posted:

That's not saying much :v:

I have high testosterone levels ok? It makes my personality different :v:

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

infraboy posted:

Bring it to the bay area and i'll give you 1800$ for the F2 :3

$2200 and I'll ride it to your doorstep. Conan doesn't need to know.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Russian Bear posted:

Sounds like the f2 is causing marital tension :v:

No, the fact that Bunway has never been on a vacation with Z3n is causing this. I'm also pissy at work right now, don't mind me :v:

We organized the garage this weekend, and because I am a totally anal, obsessive person I now feel a lot better about the world. And once all these parts are out and turned into beautiful money, I'll feel even better.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Russian Bear posted:

Time for a motorcycle trip to Mexico/South America or somewhere. Go visit PlasticSun and girlfriend in their Mexican tower home!

I'm so ready for that. He even invited us! But alas, we're saving for the wedding in October. I hope to be more adventurous next year.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

BlackMK4 posted:

After I got married my dad told me something to the effect of... "if it was up to me I would have said gently caress everyone else and gotten married on a beach somewhere like Tahiti and skipped the family wedding bullshit". Ours was extremely small, but I agree with him. ;)

Ours is pretty low key as well. I don't subscribe to wedding BS, but I did want an excuse to wear a big fancy dress and have people look at me. I am a girl sometimes after all. We're already legally married, this is the song and dance for family. I come from a very traditional family on my Dad's side and I actually like my family so it's worth it to make them happy. We put our own spin on it to make sure we were happy.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

needknees posted:

Tell me Desmo is somehow going to be involved in the ceremony... it has to happen!

:ohdear:

Ring-bearer. Yes, we will offer a selection of pictures done by the photographer :D

Duck is fine but I don't prefer it, and rabbit is too gamey for me. I have no problem with people eating whatever animals they want; as long as they realize that dogs, cats, horses and other companion animals are commonly eaten in other parts of the world and I am A-OK with that. As long as the animal lived a good life and died humanely, eat whatever you want.

I actually always told Conan we should choreograph a Pas de deux for the wedding and come in on supermotos. He laughed at me.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Zenaida posted:

Dog is pretty high on my list of animals I want to eat. Rattlesnake is currently #1 though.

Snake is tasty, I hear dog is really pretty vile. Most predatory animals do not taste as good (according to some science I read and forgot where). It has something to do with muscular differences.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Zenaida posted:

Really? Interesting. In my experience it's the opposite with fish. anchovies/sardines/etc. are just okay, but shark is amazing.

Shark is on the do not eat list if you care about the planet bad boy :colbert:

Try it and see what happens! Just go down to a kill shelter and get a fresh body. It will be fine I promise ;)

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Zenaida posted:

Saw that on google, but it's fish-only. Is there a similar guide for land animals? I guess it's a different story since the vast majority of land-meat that gets eaten is farmed.

I've never encountered a land animal list. A safe bet is to go by the endangered species list.

MotoMind posted:

Eating shark is kind of like eating bald eagles. Dining from the top of the food chain is never a good idea.

A list is here: http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/..._factsheet.aspx

Watch "End of the Line" on Netflix to get a sense of the scale of the problem (no pun intended).

Thanks for linking that.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

BlueBayou posted:

Oh Z3n, I wish you lived near me so I could pay you to make my dream bikes all pretty :allears:

Oh how things change! Prepare yourself for the return of Z3n and Bunway to the bay area. Conan is in the middle of job hunting/personal recommending and I'm just in a good field so we'll probably move before the end of 2011.

Bunway Airlines fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jul 10, 2011

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
He graduated in 08. He's a year younger than us :colbert:

I on the other hand am not so pleased that we have an SV returning. At least this one doesn't suck as much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

redscare posted:

You need a new duck! One that won't try to bite...

I'm still sad about Desmo, this was a month ago when the new owner called me. I will have ducks again one day, but only when we have our own house and a yard. It's too hard to raise them all inside.

I really miss her :(

• Locked thread