Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Z3n posted:

I knew it sounded lame even as I said it, but it's the truth.

I could probably do trackdays in January too, but it's cold...like 45-50 degrees. ;)

The fact that a motorcycle is a legitimate year round vehicle for you (Gnomad excepted, I applaud his badassery for riding around in the middle of winter in freakin Alaska) is irritating! :arghfist::(

I'm *hoping* for 45-50F days. That's tee shirt weather, man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
5 speed black hatchback crew :whatup:

I don't even try to keep mine looking nice anymore. It's a never ending battle to keep a black car clean, especially in an area where I end up driving on gravel on a regular basis :(

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Sorry man putting that bitchin tank on your drz frame (or is that the kaw?) Doesn't make it a 690 no matter how hard you wish for it... :v:

Email me the details and we can settle up. Won't be back in town till late tomorrow night, have some rubber to burn at the track!

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Z3n posted:

Edit: No, definitely thinking that a gulf racing orange and teal in dazzle with 2 tone orange and teal wheels is the way to go.

:pwn::wtf::pwn:

LOUDEST PAINT SCHEME EVER

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Oh my god you're actually going to do DazzleGulf aren't you

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

hell yeah :neckbeard:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
By having such a nice paint job you realize you've doomed yourself to some bodywork destroying crash the first outing, right? :(

(don't crash)

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
It takes a true man to ride a pink bike :clint:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Z3n posted:

I did some quick budgeting with the help of the wife and discovered that I'd burn approximately 800$ a race weekend just on tires, entry fees, and gasoline. So figure around 6500$ for a race season, 10k after you consider consumables and the potential for crashing.

Clearly the answer is to buy a dirtbike and go race that! Cheaper tires, cheaper entry fees, bikes are pretty reasonable, CA probably has 56498894564 tracks within 20 minutes of your doorstep plus all other fun offroad areas...

Open your eyes and SEE THE LIGHT

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Maybe it's the fact that tonight's forecast is this:

National Weather Service posted:

Overnight: Snow likely and widespread blowing snow before 3am, then widespread blowing snow and a chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -20. Very windy, with a north northwest wind between 32 and 37 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

But the ONLY thing I see when I look at that picture is this

Z3n, you smug rear end in a top hat. Your trackbike is awesome. Your weather is awesomeerist.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Don't worry, I'm trying to get him to race dirtbikes in addition to road racing!!! Totally different!

Trackdays on the big bike, race days on the dirtbike. Best of both worlds!

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
That's the price you pay for perfect weather year round :smug:.

Come to the land of low cost of living and deal with poo poo snow, ice, bitter cold, and hilarious winds! I hate our weather :(

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

laymil posted:

But who wants to live in Iowa. Does it have any redeeming qualities?

Hey! We have lots of flat, boring, straight roads, horrid weather 9 months out of the year, no tracks in the center of the of the state. So basically, it's awesome terrible

:smithicide:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
It might not be a motorcycle but it's one of the few types of racing going on right now in this frozen hellhole!

Thanks for the stickers :). When If it warms up above 0F I'll get them on the bikes.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Z3n posted:

I checked the title, it's actually a 94. The guy had the year wrong. Should have double checked earlier :v:

Not quite the $500 buy you thought, eh? :colbert:

seroiusly buy the goddaamn :colbare: emote I really wanted to use it there :saddowns:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Tell me Desmo is somehow going to be involved in the ceremony... it has to happen!

:ohdear:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Symphoric posted:

Would love to hear your impressions when you get it. Seriously considering one myself. Mostly I'm worried it will be annoyingly big/bulky on those days when I just wanna throw a thing or two into it.

Nope, it's fine for normal day to day use. I use it for commuting with just my lunch and some random small items. The compression straps really collapse the bag down to something manageable.

Z3n posted:

Just bought one of these after the endless raves of needknees about how AWESOME his is.

HAH! My lies were successful! I actually hate my R35 - it's the most useless annoying piece of poo poo I've bought. Ever.

:frogout:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Z3n posted:

On the bright side, got to put a few miles in on a 6 cylinder.

If I'm reading things right it sounds like you had like a $200 test ride :v:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Phat_Albert posted:

Uh, you're not going to leave it as a SV500?

Of course not, it's not in Z3n's nature to leave something alone. ALL BIKES MUST BE STRIPPED AND PARTED OUT

...and parts that I can used are sent to me :ohdear:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Slim Pickens posted:

I think you might have a problem, dude.

Your problem is that pool table's taking up the space of at least 2 more bikes, you gotta get rid of it.

This is a good point.

How the hell are you going to have time to play pool when you have so many bikes to part out!

e
content for the new page :nattyburn:

needknees fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 4, 2011

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Sir Cornelius posted:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I'm guessing I missed it, but what master cylinder is on there?

Brembo, because Z3n is a jerk and wouldn't sell it to me :argh:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Z3n posted:

Up at 530 and out of the house with a bundle of cash. Gonna be a good day.

Uh oh what now...

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
whatever it is it loving better be orange

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Here's a list of things that came to mind when I first saw that picture:

world's smallest motorcycle
irrelevant
lame
boring
not orange

:fuckoff:

(what are you going to blob weld?!?)

needknees fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 28, 2012

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Hope you got that in water quickly, or else you'll have one hell of a time trying to remove that duc from your 'zuk!

(interesting look man)

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Z3n posted:

Gettin' all Olde Weird Tip up in here:

Not mine, but did the purchasing for Xovaan...
2001 Bandit 1200
-1216 big bore kit
-GSXR1100 cams
-KN air filters
-Jetted carbs
-full Dale Walker Holeshot Exhaust
-ASV levers
-aftermarket windscreen
-pyramid rear hugger
-190/55 rear tire
-new EK ZZZ 530 chain and sprockets
-braided brake lines
-top end oiling kit
-race tech valves and springs (just installed with new bushings and seals)
-new spark plugs just installed
-new all balls steering stem bearings just installed
-Busa rear shock
-reg'd with clear title in hand
-including extra parts such as brand new Barnett clutch kit, service manual, etc

Best part:

$1200.

gently caress what a steal.

:stare::fh:

I hate you and your ridiculous finds on bikes. Snag it off cl or was this a buddy buddy type deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
What's Cali's lemon law timeframe? Thirty days in the shop over what period of time?

• Locked thread