Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Disclaimer: I am not a part of the PCSX2 team so feel free to contribute information and correct me when I'm wrong.

PCSX2 is a PlayStation 2 emulator for Windows, Linux, and Mac that was started by the same team that brought you PCSX (a PlayStation emulator). The PCSX2 project is Open Source (GPL) and keeps an active SVN (SubVersion) repository. We encourage genuine attempts to improve the code, in terms of compatibility, new features, optimization, and encourage plugin authors to write graphics, sound, cdvd, controller plugins.

PCSX2 isn't perfect (yet). It's being actively worked on to improve compatibility and performance.

How do I compile my own SVN builds?
What is a typical PS2 game's native resolution?
  • On actual PS2 hardware, the ideal native resolution of a PS2 game is 640x480 (4:3). However, not all games use the full resolution and are rendered at a lower resolution.
How does PCSX2 make games look so good? Does it render everything at native resolution? If not, doesn't that mean all PCSX2 does is stretch the image at higher resolutions? How do you find out a game's native PS2 resolution?
  • Depending on how you configure your graphic plugin, you can force games to render at higher resolutions than native. You can still run games at native resolution if you want, but generally increasing the resolution will result in an increase of the image quality. PCSX2 will render all 3D objects at the higher resolution, which has a natural anti-aliasing effect. 2D sprites (think static HUD icons etc) tend not to upscale as well so they may look slightly pixelated. To get the best results without stretching/"making things look fat", stick with 4:3 unless the game supports 16:9. PCSX2 does not stretch the image if it maintains the correct aspect ratio. Note that the higher the resolution you use, the bigger the impact it has on performance. In the more recent versions of the GSdx plugin, you can see the native resolution of the game you're currently running on the title bar of PCSX2 while running windowed. Most games run at a lower resolution than 640x480.
Here is an example - FFXII supports both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. Note: FFXII's 16:9 mode does some ingame cropping.
Left: Taken from my PS2 at optimal native resolution via capture device
Right: Taken from PCSX2 - 1920x1200 isn't 16:9 (16:10) so it's slightly stretched vertically

The textures are much crisper and there's noticeable natural anti-aliasing from the resolution boost.

Here's another comparison from EuroGamer.net.
Left: God of War being played on a backwards-compatible PS3 with its PS2 smoothing filter ON @ 1280x720.
Right: God of War on PCSX2 @ 1280x720.
Need more comparisons? Check out EuroGamer's feature on PCSX2.

How do I get started? How do I update my plugins?
  • Download the full package of a recent SVN build at the top of this post. Everything that you need is inside except the PS2 BIOS, which you will need to acquire yourself. I will not go into detail about dumping your PS2 BIOS. Run the included pcsx2-rXXXX.exe. If you're running Vista or Windows 7, make sure you "Run as Administrator." I would advise not putting the PCSX2 directory in Program Files because it will cause headaches when dealing with PCSX2 configuration (writing to *.ini's). To update your plugins, download my Update pack and extract it over your PCSX2 directory. You may need to reconfigure plugins to their newer revisions if there were major changes. When you first start the emulator, it will ask you for some basic configuration options. Unless you really want everything to save in My Documents, make sure you choose the current working folder in the configuration wizard:
What do I need in terms of computer specifications in order to run PCSX2 fluidly?
  • The requirements are pretty high end. For overall decent performance on most games, you will need a relatively recent GPU/video card like an 8800 GT at the very least as well as a dual or quad core CPU/processor. Since PCSX2 is very CPU heavy, numerous people have cited a 3.0Ghz dual core processor as the minimum for an enjoyable experience although results vary. You could overclock your processor as well, which I won't go into despite the thread title.
How do I turn on the console window?
GSdx: Which version of the GSdx plugin should I use? SSE2, SSSE3, or SSE4?
  • Note: SSE3 is NOT SSSE3. It depends on which your processor can support. When you first start PCSX2 with the console window enabled (Misc -> Show Console), it should tell you what instruction sets it supports. If you have a Intel dual core processor, you should be able to support SSSE3 at the very least. In terms of best performance to worst: AVX > SSE4 >= SSSE3 > SSE2.
  • AVX is a newly added instruction set for PCSX2. You should only use it if you have an Intel Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge CPU or an AMD Bulldozer CPU.
Graphic Plugins: What's the difference between GSdx and ZZOgl?
  • GSdx uses Direct3D while ZZOgl uses OpenGL. GSdx should be the plugin of choice for most people in terms of quality and performance, but some games may perform better with ZZOgl. Experiment and post your results.
SPU2-X: Should I use Timestretch (default) or Async Mix? What's the difference? XAudio2 or DirectSound?
  • Timestretch is directly tied to your FPS. It will slow down the audio whenever the emulator slows down in order to keep sync.
  • Async Mix adjusts the speed of the SPU2 in a smarter way. It runs faster when the audio buffers run empty, slower when they fill. This is vastly superior to Timestretch for the purposes of keeping the audio output smooth and nice. It also has the nice effect of making streamed audio in many games always run at full speed regardless of the actual FPS. However, this means audio won't be synced properly whenever you're running below max FPS and it can break games that expect the SPU2 to run at a fixed speed. Notably in some FMVs that will just freeze.
  • XAudio2 if you're on Vista or Win7. It's the replacement for DirectSound. If you're having audio issues or crashes, try switching to DirectSound.
Which plugins are old/unsupported? Why did you include them?
  • ZeroGS is no longer supported and has been succeeded by ZZOgl. spu2PeopsSound is unsupported, but was included because some games like it better than SPU2-X. Most of the CDVD plugins are obsolete when compared to PCSX2's native ISO reader. They are still useful when you want to play a game directly from your DVD drive (not recommended due to slower read speed).
Can you recommend some common 4:3 resolutions I can use while playing PCSX2 windowed?
  • 640x480 (PS2 native)
  • 800x600
  • 960x720
  • 1024x768
  • 1280x960
  • 1400x1050
  • 1440x1080
  • 1600x1200
  • 2560x1920
Are there any hotkeys? How do I save/load savestates? How do I turbo/slowmo? How do I take a screenshot?
  • F1 - Creates a savestate in your currently selected savestate slot.
  • Page Up - Toggles FXAA (Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing) on or off.
  • F2 - Changes your selected savestate slot.
  • F3 - Loads a savestate from the currently selected savestate slot.
  • F4 - Toggles the framelimiter (GSdx). Toggling this on and off can act like a turbo/fastforward.
  • F5 - Toggles the different deinterlacing modes - not all games need to be deinterlaced so only use it if the image seems jittery.
  • Tab - Turbo.
  • Shift+Tab - Slow motion.
  • F8 - Takes a screenshot, which is saved to /snaps. You could also use FRAPS or whatever capture utility you prefer.
  • F12 - Start/stop video recording. Supports various codecs.
Is there any easy way to take snapshots of my settings without using Print Screen?
  • Yes. There's a little button on the bottom left of some windows that will save a snap of the current window in png format.
LilyPad: Does PCSX2 support PS2/PS3/360/etc gamepads? Is there vibration support? What about pressure sensitive buttons?
  • More detailed help available here
  • Yes. The LilyPad plugin supports a number of controllers including the 360 and DualShock3 (requires libusb) natively.
  • XInput Wrapper for Dual Shock 2 and 3 controllers (USE THESE)
    • PS2 DualShock 2: you would need an adapter to connect it to your PC as well as drivers (might support pressure sensitivity depending on drivers)
    • Wired/wireless Xbox 360: you probably already have the official drivers. (does not support pressure sensitivity)
    • Any other unlisted gamepad: you can try to use whatever gamepad config utility that came with it or third party apps like Xpadder or Joy2Key.
    • Vibration support varies depending on your pad. The 360 and DualShock 3 have perfect vibration support in LilyPad.
Should I enable speedhacks?
  • Try running the game without any speedhacks enabled. If the game is running at 60 FPS in NTSC/U games or 50 FPS in PAL games most of the time, you're already running at full speed so speedhacks aren't necessary. Most of the speedhacks have few, if any, major side effects with most games. However, VU Cycle Stealing can cause major slowdowns so try to keep its use at a minimum. EE cycle rate slows down the actual PS2 emulated clock rate so only use it for games that don't fully utilize the PS2 hardware like launch titles. Don't use it for games like Shadow of the Colossus etc.
Is it better to play games off a DVD drive or as an ISO?
  • It's preferred that you play the game in ISO format because it is much faster reading data off a HDD compared to an optical disc. It's better performance-wise.
I want to contribute somehow to future developments. How can I help? How can I submit bugs?
  • Report bugs. Login to your Google Account (or create one) and go to the PCSX2 Issues Page @ Google Code. Do a quick search for an existing issue thread on the game you're having trouble with. If there's no thread, make a new issue. Be as precise and detailed about the issue as possible. Include console error logs and attach images, memory cards, or savestates to help them narrow down the issue. Make sure you follow their reporting guidelines and not to attach huge files because they have limited storage space.
How do I use cheats? Does PCSX2 support Codebreaker/AR Max codes? How do I format a .pnach file properly?
  • Codebreaker and AR Max codes have to be converted to RAW format before use (search for omniconvert (recommended), cb2crypt, or maxconvert)
  • To learn how to format a .pnach properly, go here
  • pnach files must be placed in the /cheats/ directory and Enable Cheats must be ticked under System.
  • User made patches
X game isn't working. What should I do?
  • First of all, check to see if there is an applicable Game Fix under the Game Fixes section of Emulation Settings. Before asking in the thread about your problem, do a quick game search on the Official Game Compatibility List to see if your game is even playable. The list may be heavily outdated, but it's a good starting point. Next, try searching the name of the game on the PCSX2 forums.
  • Still not working? Try searching this very thread to see if someone had the same problem. Make sure the Games subforum is selected in the right column and put this in the search box: "threadid:3255267 <whatever you want to search>" (no quotes) If nothing works, post in the thread. The latest version of SALR readds an in-thread search box that's been missing for the past 5 years on the top left corner of every thread.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

I lost a lot of the old screenshots thanks to Waffleimages taking a dump so these are the games shown here for now.

If you would like to request a specific game or have screenshots that you would like to contribute, simply post in the thread. :wooper:

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 15, 2011

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
Looks good. It might not be a bad idea to mention that this is CPU-bound rather than GPU-bound, though.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Christ that second post is harsh with SALR. It auto-loads and expands hotlinked images so my RAM is getting a drat good thrashing!

Nice OP, but drat.

Oct 24, 2009

by Fistgrrl
Is there any way to make my PS3 Dualshock work on my computer, or would I have to get a controller specifically made for PC?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

2074491022871990000 posted:

Is there any way to make my PS3 Dualshock work on my computer, or would I have to get a controller specifically made for PC?

Yeah. Here are Windows drivers (32 and 64 bit): http://www.motioninjoy.com/download/
or you can try these older 32 bit ones: http://www.sendspace.com/file/prhqfh

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Hey Gyoru, I'm changing gamefix_skipdraw=2 like you recommended for Front Mission 5, but the game still has the exact same graphics issues. Am I missing something?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Really, Odin Sphere emulated? A game the PS2 couldn't even run at more than 7 frames per minute?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Gyoru posted:

Yeah. Here are Windows drivers (32 and 64 bit): http://www.motioninjoy.com/download/

Oh my god, thank you so much :v: I didn't even know this was possible.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Saint Freak posted:

Really, Odin Sphere emulated? A game the PS2 couldn't even run at more than 7 frames per minute?

I keep hearing this a lot about Odin Sphere and I've completed it and never saw any frame drops, not even the ones people say happened a lot during certain boss encounters. There seems to be a huuuuge difference in quality between the NTSC and PAL versions of the game, PAL being without frame drop.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Coolio posted:

Hey Gyoru, I'm changing gamefix_skipdraw=2 like you recommended for Front Mission 5, but the game still has the exact same graphics issues. Am I missing something?
Did you put PCSX2 in \Program Files? You're probably editing the wrong gsdx.ini and PCSX2 is configured to read from another copy of gsdx.ini. Check your directory settings - it might be reading it from something in AppData or even Documents. I generally just have it read from the emulator's directory.

9999DMG
May 20, 2007
Gently caress this poo poo.
I asked this in the last thread, but never got an answer. I have a copy of Ico, and a working slimline PS2 that won't play it beyond the first couple of cutscenes. Can PCSX2 run Ico?

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Does the new version work well with quad core processors (the old ones did not)?

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Bleusilences posted:

Does the new version work well with quad core processors (the old ones did not)?

I'm using a quad core processor and have had no problems so far (only played Persona 4 so far though so I'll see how it holds up when I move on to other games), though I think at least 3.00ghz is recommended.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Cinroth posted:

I'm using a quad core processor and have had no problems so far (only played Persona 4 so far though so I'll see how it holds up when I move on to other games), though I think at least 3.00ghz is recommended.

I have a 2.66 :S

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Bleusilences posted:

I have a 2.66 :S

If it's an i7 then you're probably fine.

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Gyoru posted:

Did you put PCSX2 in \Program Files? You're probably editing the wrong gsdx.ini and PCSX2 is configured to read from another copy of gsdx.ini. Check your directory settings - it might be reading it from something in AppData or even Documents. I generally just have it read from the emulator's directory.

Huh. I don't have it in \Program Files, but after some quick messing around it looks like it's reading off an ini in My Documents. Is there a way to change this?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

9999DMG posted:

I asked this in the last thread, but never got an answer. I have a copy of Ico, and a working slimline PS2 that won't play it beyond the first couple of cutscenes. Can PCSX2 run Ico?

You've got the game, you've got the emulator, and you've got good advice on settings. Give it a shot and see for yourself n' report back to us.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

wdarkk posted:

If it's an i7 then you're probably fine.

No it's a core 2 quad. I tried it before in may last year but the dev said there was no quad core support back then, only dual. The games where running from full speed to about 66%.

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 17, 2010

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Oh, and thanks for taking the time to compile new releases and give advice. I can remember how a mere few months ago getting games to run on this thing faster than 10 fps was a huge deal for me :sweatdrop:

slovach
Oct 6, 2005
Lennie Fuckin' Briscoe

Bleusilences posted:

No it's a core 2 quad. I tried it before in may last year but the dev said there was no quad core support back then, only dual. The games where running from full speed to about 66%.

If overclocking is an option, 3ghz should be cake to get to. You can probably just crank it straight to there without even worrying about voltage. I'd be surprised actually if there was a core2 chip that can't hit 3ghz...

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Wow thanks for this, I might actually play SoTC. I couldn't stand the framerate and hated myself since :smith:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I don't have a gmail account because I have my own domain and use that email account, but if someone wanted to, you could report a bug with the emulator that seriously crashes the emulator if you try save stating while the slot machines are spinning in Yakuza 2 (using Windows 7 64bit, latest build/GPU plugin, etc). It happens to me every time, but I don't know if others could reproduce it.

edit: hrm. only with savestate slot 0 :confused: any other save state slot works fine. weeeeird.

edit2: haha oh man it's always fun to see how things get broken by save states in games. For instance, I just figured out that Sega programmed the slot machines hosed up in the game. From what I can tell, once the first two combinations are decided, the results of the third one is already determined and no amount of reloading savestates will change that. Cheaters! Well. More so than me for trying to cheat using savestates.

Naky fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 17, 2010

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

slovach posted:

If overclocking is an option, 3ghz should be cake to get to. You can probably just crank it straight to there without even worrying about voltage. I'd be surprised actually if there was a core2 chip that can't hit 3ghz...

If you still have the CPU box (er, assuming you built it... probably not a safe assumption) it'll have a nominal voltage number on there. By default on most motherboards the voltage will be lower than that number, but it can be raised to that with 100% safety and without violating the warranty. Depending on which specific cpu and stepping you have it may add a little heat, but if you're considering overclocking you should have at least a decent fan on there.

I've got a Q9550, the stepping before they upgraded it, and just by upping it to the Intel nominal voltage of 1.25V and on mediocre air cooling (Antec Freezer Pro 7, used to be hot poo poo but these days it's been vastly surpassed) I've got it overclocked from the stock 2.8ghz/core to 3.4ghz/core rock-solid. Depending on the ambient temperature, of course, its usual idle temps are around 26-28ºC, and only Intel Burn Test, made specifically to work your processor to the fullest extent (well beyond Prime95 or other stability testing methods) gets it above 55-58ºC under load. I'm certain if I was willing to overvolt it (which most overclockers have done) it could go much higher, but I built my computer and I'd prefer to keep everything nice and covered under warranty just in case.

At 3.4ghz/core, I've got no performance issues at all. It's also possible that in the time since you tested it out they've increased the efficiency enough that it'll be a smoother experience now.

Support for more than two cores doesn't seem to be in the emulator's future, though, because of the way they're using the two threads it uses now and the difficulty in syncing all of its various operations. Since quad-core CPUs have more overhead involved than dual cores, that means us quad users have to have higher clock rates to get the same effective performance out of the emulator.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?

Naky posted:

edit2: haha oh man it's always fun to see how things get broken by save states in games. For instance, I just figured out that Sega programmed the slot machines hosed up in the game. From what I can tell, once the first two combinations are decided, the results of the third one is already determined and no amount of reloading savestates will change that. Cheaters! Well. More so than me for trying to cheat using savestates.

This seems to be the general nature of save states no matter what the game. I know that playing Persona 4 and trying to do serious luck manipulation for giggles won't work because the "random" generator thingamajig will always make the same "random" decision even if you load the state, since loading the state doesn't really change the parameters for what made the engine "roll" this or that to begin with, which makes sense in a way that save states really just turn back time and doesn't really alter it.

Then again I don't really understand anything about anything, I'm just being :psyduck: here

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Eh, I'm just annoyed that I actually decided to go through with the Slot Ace sidequest at all. 3001 credits needed to win and I'm sitting at 558 after an hour of playing and that's WITH savestates. gently caress me I'm a sadist. Though I know I'm simply going to give up since it has nothing to do with the secret boss.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Cinroth posted:

This seems to be the general nature of save states no matter what the game. I know that playing Persona 4 and trying to do serious luck manipulation for giggles won't work because the "random" generator thingamajig will always make the same "random" decision even if you load the state, since loading the state doesn't really change the parameters for what made the engine "roll" this or that to begin with, which makes sense in a way that save states really just turn back time and doesn't really alter it.

Then again I don't really understand anything about anything, I'm just being :psyduck: here
You're spot on really, the random numbers used in gaming are just a sequence of numbers - if you load a save state you still get the same sequence, so to do luck manipulation you have to "use up" random numbers until the one you want is next.

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

drat, FF XII looks amazing in those SS's. I'll have to try this with some of my backlog games. Thanks for the good op

9999DMG
May 20, 2007
Gently caress this poo poo.

Naky posted:

You've got the game, you've got the emulator, and you've got good advice on settings. Give it a shot and see for yourself n' report back to us.

I can't run the emulator because only computer I have right now is a low-end laptop. I just wanted to know out of curiosity.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Threep posted:

You're spot on really, the random numbers used in gaming are just a sequence of numbers - if you load a save state you still get the same sequence, so to do luck manipulation you have to "use up" random numbers until the one you want is next.

Often the pseudo-random number generator uses time as the seed. If you load after it's already referenced the PRNG (say, in the middle of a slot machine spin) then you'll get the same outcome, but if you save state before starting any spins and wait a second or two, save state at the new point, then spin, it should have a different outcome. Rinse, repeat 'til you get the desired outcome.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:
Awesome stuff, thanks for the up to date builds. I had no idea PS2 emulation was this far along.

Question: How the heck can I import save games from places like GameFAQs?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

da OP posted:

GSdx: What version of the GSdx plugin should I use? SSE2, SSSE3, or SSE4?

If you have a dual core processor, you should be able to support SSSE3 at the very least.

Minor note: The extra S on SSSE3 is important.

Namely: AMD never got to license SSSE3 and SSE4.1.

So AMD processors are stuck with SSE2, and GSdx's developers see no use for SSE3 (no third S) or SSE4 (no point-anything). It takes effort to get this thing going even on a Phenom II 940 - I'll probably have to overclock, and I'm not sure that will close the gap.

Which means upgrading to AMD-anything because of PCSX2 is sort of a bad idea.

Also: SSSE3 was added in for Core. So give up the Pentium Ds. And SSE4.1 came about in the 45nm Core 2s. Who knows if they'll ever deal with SSE4.2 (courtesy of the i-series).

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jan 17, 2010

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Terpfen posted:

Awesome stuff, thanks for the up to date builds. I had no idea PS2 emulation was this far along.

Question: How the heck can I import save games from places like GameFAQs?

http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/index.html
I used the program from this site. It seems like it's the easiest way.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Gyoru posted:

Sorry for the slight derail, but the motioninjoy driver isn't the one that can kill your USB ports, is it? Or was that the libusb thing? I remember there being no 64-bit driver for the PS3 controller not too long ago. How well does it function?

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

As Nero Danced posted:

Sorry for the slight derail, but the motioninjoy driver isn't the one that can kill your USB ports, is it? Or was that the libusb thing? I remember there being no 64-bit driver for the PS3 controller not too long ago. How well does it function?

The USB driver works fine. I've been trying to get the bluetooth driver to work since the betas.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

bbcisdabomb posted:

The USB driver works fine. I've been trying to get the bluetooth driver to work since the betas.

Sounds promising, I'll give this a shot this afternoon then. Thanks.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
This is driving me insane. I'm trying out the newest svn's but no matter what I do, it won't save my settings. Every time I close it and open it again, it'll randomly think I'm starting it for the first time. Any suggestions?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Krad posted:

This is driving me insane. I'm trying out the newest svn's but no matter what I do, it won't save my settings. Every time I close it and open it again, it'll randomly think I'm starting it for the first time. Any suggestions?

linux? you may have the settings file (if there is one?) as a read-only file.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Win 7. Tried changing the compatibilty to Admin as well, same random results.

edit: nevermind, deleting everything and changing the default settings from user\etc. to the local folder did the trick.

Krad fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 17, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008
pcsx2-r2431.exe constantly crashes on me. It seems to happen every other time I load a game up or if I try changing any of the video settings. If I reopen it and try again it usually works fine but it's annoying nonetheless. GSdx-SSE4-r2430.dll seems to be the culprit but I tried using the other versions of that plugin and they all crash. I'm also running on an i7 so SSE4 should be fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Using Win7 64-bit and I am running the program as admin.

• Locked thread