Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eddain
May 6, 2007

Oxytocin Rx posted:

these frequent crashes are really frustrating, Eddain mine is exactly the same error yours is

Oxytocin I think I fixed my crashing error. Four hours so far and no crash. I changed my renderer to Direct3D10 Hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxytocin Rx
Apr 24, 2008

There. Your body matches your brain.

Eddain posted:

Oxytocin I think I fixed my crashing error. Four hours so far and no crash. I changed my renderer to Direct3D10 Hardware.

mine is on direct 3d10 already :smith:

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Oxytocin Rx posted:

mine is on direct 3d10 already :smith:
Maybe try updating your video drivers and DirectX? I got nothing.

Levantine posted:

For those interested, I caught that the Dragon Quest V PS2 game is finally in english! If you're interested, grab the patch from Here.
Awesome. I hope this is a continuing trend where more PS2 translation projects come to fruition.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Gyoru posted:

Maybe try updating your video drivers and DirectX? I got nothing.

Awesome. I hope this is a continuing trend where more PS2 translation projects come to fruition.

You and me both. I'd like to see Super Robot Taisen Z or Alpha 3 or something but I know that those games tend to be ridiculous translation-wise. Really makes me wish I'd chosen a path that would allow me to involve myself in such projects.

Levantine fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jan 26, 2010

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

New SVN build (r2522) - Full / Update
+ experimental PortAudio added to SPU-X2 - don't use it use xaudio2

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
How does one get rid of the "ghost" bug in Tales of the Abyss that happens when you use anything other than native resolution? The ghost bug is where actors and light sources often have distracting afterimages.

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

How does one get rid of the "ghost" bug in Tales of the Abyss that happens when you use anything other than native resolution? The ghost bug is where actors and light sources often have distracting afterimages.

Huh, I'm playing through it now and I'm not noticing anything. Does it happen later in the game? Maybe it's because I'm using the undub version.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

Are you setting a custom resolution in GSdx instead of using the scaler? Using the GSdx scaler (x2/x3/x4 etc) reduces/eliminates ghosting in most games

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Yes, it doesn't happen initially, it didn't show up for me until you get to the first field screen with enemies, the generic forest place, but now its everywhere except in battles.

No I am using the 2x gsdx scaler, the D3D internal resolution has 1024x1024 in it but I think the scaler is supposed to override it.

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN
Anyone dealt with random crashes in Disgaea 2? No problems until the fifth world, where it crashed twice near the end of the first battle. I'm using r176x, and will try the latest. my computer is an e8500 with an nvidia 9800 on Windows 7.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Gyoru posted:

New SVN build (r2522) - Full / Update
+ experimental PortAudio added to SPU-X2 - don't use it use xaudio2

Huh, pre-alpha build of 0.9.7? That warning is scary.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Eddain posted:

Huh, pre-alpha build of 0.9.7? That warning is scary.
What warning? The warning about not using portaudio? The guy (gigahertz) who is working on the sound side of development is messing around with adding portaudio to help cross platform (linux/mac) builds so I just put that there. All the SVN builds I've been posting have been for 0.9.7

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-12629.html

There's a post here on their forums detailing performance on AMD vs Intel if anyone's still interested in that tangent.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I finally got Tales of the Abyss running at full speed but it just crashes with a Runtime error immediately after the first tutorial fight. I tried disabling all speedhacks and it still does it. Anyone else run into this?

edit: there's also no sound when my hits connect, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

edit again: fixed it by loading a save just before the fight with VU cycle stealing disabled. it passed the fight, but it looks like the game almost always crashes after battles with it enabled and it runs so poorly without it that I'm just giving up. :smith:

Phoix fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 2, 2010

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
I'm trying to run soul calibur 3 but can only get it to work when using zero gs graphic plugin. GSdx sse2 only boots it in dx9 mode and then it gives me a black screen.

My specs are windows 7, athlon ii 425 @2.7, 4gb ram, and integrated hd4200. I know it's not optimal, but it should be working in dx10 mode.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
If I'm going to be playing Final Fantasy XII on this at 1920 x 1200 [24" monitor] should I have the game set to 16:9 and the emulator set to 1920 x 1200? I could be wrong but it seems to look worse at 16:9 than it does by 4:3 using the in-game settings. I've got a 23" 1920 x 1080 monitor I could use as well if it'd look better instead. I'm pretty sure the 4:3 setting looks better but I can't really tell.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Godinster posted:

If I'm going to be playing Final Fantasy XII on this at 1920 x 1200 [24" monitor] should I have the game set to 16:9 and the emulator set to 1920 x 1200? I could be wrong but it seems to look worse at 16:9 than it does by 4:3 using the in-game settings. I've got a 23" 1920 x 1080 monitor I could use as well if it'd look better instead. I'm pretty sure the 4:3 setting looks better but I can't really tell.

When you want to play FF12 widescreen you have to change a few settings. For the graphics plugin, make sure it's on 16:9 and not 4:3. Secondly, in-game, make sure you select widescreen in the game config.

I personally think widescreen looks better.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
My HTPC is an Athlon 64. PCSX runs at about half speed on it, but says it's only using about 40% of the CPU time. I doubt that the video card (radeon x1950 pro) is the bottleneck.

Is this the best I'll see, or is there some way to tweak it to actually use more processing time?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

PFlats posted:

My HTPC is an Athlon 64. PCSX runs at about half speed on it, but says it's only using about 40% of the CPU time. I doubt that the video card (radeon x1950 pro) is the bottleneck.

Is this the best I'll see, or is there some way to tweak it to actually use more processing time?

Where did you get the 40% from? Task Manager?

If it's from the top of the PCSX2 window, then it's probably the GPU load.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

HenryEx posted:

Where did you get the 40% from? Task Manager?

If it's from the top of the PCSX2 window, then it's probably the GPU load.
aha, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
I realize this is a long shot, but does anyone happen to have a Dragon Quest 8 save around the time where you get to Trodain? My hard drive failed and I lost my old memory card file.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:
Has anyone gotten a handle on video recording using zerogs? I can't seem to find the best encoding format/options for optimal video quality. In addition, the video and audio are saved to separate files; while the video will play at full speed, when I combine the video and audio in Virtualdub, the video slows down to about 15fps and the audio glitches.

What am I (not) doing?

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm using Gyoru's latest build, r2522.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Google is being very confusing on this issue. Since the emulator looks a hell of a lot better on my PS2, there's some games I'd like to play on it. Problem is, I don't want to start them over again since I have saves saved to my memory card. What's the most painless and/or cheapest way to get saves from my 8mb PS2 memory card to my PC?

roushimsx
Dec 1, 2002

OxMan posted:

Google is being very confusing on this issue. Since the emulator looks a hell of a lot better on my PS2, there's some games I'd like to play on it. Problem is, I don't want to start them over again since I have saves saved to my memory card. What's the most painless and/or cheapest way to get saves from my 8mb PS2 memory card to my PC?

If you know someone with an Action Replay Max, Codebreaker, or the HDLoader hack setup, they can copy the saves to a thumbdrive for you.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

New SVN Build - r2586
Full
Update

OxMan posted:

If you have access to a softmodded PS2, you can use a homebrew program like uLaunch to access your raw PS2 saves then transfer them to a USB storage device. To make them usable for PCSX2, you use a program called PS2 Save Builder to pack the raw save files into a usable container/format for MyMC, which is a PCSX2 memory card manager app.

If you have a PS3, I think you can transfer your saves onto your PS3 then extract them onto your PC as .psv files. There's a converter that converts .psv to a raw PS2 save so you can repeat the steps above with PS2 Save Builder.

I use the first method.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Gyoru posted:

New SVN Build - r2586
Full
Update

If you have access to a softmodded PS2, you can use a homebrew program like uLaunch to access your raw PS2 saves then transfer them to a USB storage device. To make them usable for PCSX2, you use a program called PS2 Save Builder to pack the raw save files into a usable container/format for MyMC, which is a PCSX2 memory card manager app.

uLaunch can "psuPaste" your saves into (surprise) the .psu format, which myMC can read right out of the box.

So, no fiddling with PS2 save builder.

/edit:
Easy solution: Get Swapmagic, get a thumbdrive, get uLaunch. Copy the uLaunch homebrew into a folder called "SWAPMAGIC" (without quotes) on your thumbdrive root directory. rename the boot.elf file to "SWAPMAGIC.ELF".
Plug your USB drive into your PS2, start the Swapmagic disc and it should automatically boot uLaunch. You can now browse the contents of you PS2!

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Feb 14, 2010

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

HenryEx posted:

uLaunch can "psuPaste" your saves into (surprise) the .psu format, which myMC can read right out of the box.

So, no fiddling with PS2 save builder.

/edit:
Easy solution: Get Swapmagic, get a thumbdrive, get uLaunch. Copy the uLaunch homebrew into a folder called "SWAPMAGIC" (without quotes) on your thumbdrive root directory. rename the boot.elf file to "SWAPMAGIC.ELF".
Plug your USB drive into your PS2, start the Swapmagic disc and it should automatically boot uLaunch. You can now browse the contents of you PS2!

Whoa, I totally forgot about psuPaste. Yeah that streamlines the process a lot more.

OxMan: check out the PS2 homebrew thread if your PS2 isn't softmodded yet.

Vita
Nov 7, 2009
Has anyone had any luck with getting the analog sticks on a Dualshock 3 to work with Lilypad? Nothing happens when I use them to try to map them, but all the other buttons work fine, including L3 and R3.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Vita posted:

Has anyone had any luck with getting the analog sticks on a Dualshock 3 to work with Lilypad? Nothing happens when I use them to try to map them, but all the other buttons work fine, including L3 and R3.

If you have access to one, try using a dual shock 2 controller, hit the analog button on it, map the sticks, then unplug the ds2 and putting in the ds3.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:
Playing through Suikoden V, and there's a video scene a few hours in during the Sacred Games that seems to freeze PCSX2 no matter what settings I toggle. I've tried acquiring a patch file to skip movies, but it doesn't work. Dropped it into the /patches folder and enabled patches... nothing.

Any workarounds here? Perhaps a way to export a save file onto the PS3 for purposes of getting past the part in question? Or am I just using the patch file wrong?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
FF12 and Godhand both run from my DVD drive fine. Well, 50%-70% speed fine.

I also get better, or more consistent FPS using DX9 over 10 so far.

E8500
Radeon HD4870

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I'm running my God of War image and it says its running at 45 FPS but it's slow as gently caress. I tried disabling time stretching but there's no real difference. Any ideas? It's right at the intro where the rain starts. This is under DX9, DX10 crashes under the latest GS plugin. I've tried updating DX but it still doesn't launch under DX10.

Running 7 Ultimate, E8440, 4 gigs of RAM, Geforce 7950GT latest drivers and latest DX.

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 28, 2010

The Worst
Feb 25, 2006

death from above
:ohdear:
What are the best graphics settings for getting stuff like the screenshots in the 2nd post. Alot of them are higher res and look upscaled and smooth, I tried messing with the graphics settings but some specific instructions would help.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

GSdx DX10 plugin using the Scaling multiplier set to 3x or 4x instead of setting a custom internal resolution. Texture filtering checked with everything else that isn't grayed out unchecked. All the SVN builds I post default to GSdx Direct3D 10 - 3x multiplier. You can go even further by forcing AA/AF in your GPU's control panel.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 3, 2010

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

So, I have an i7 920 at 2.66 Ghz.

Is the speed rating going to handicap me in any fashion, or will the fact that it's an i7 save the day?

I'm not really the type of person who plays at crazy-high resolutions or anything.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Sorry if it's been asked, but does Fatal Frame II still not work past the menus? I thought maybe with the SVN it'd work, but after I start a new game it just goes to a blank screen. :smith:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Ballrawg posted:

Sorry if it's been asked, but does Fatal Frame II still not work past the menus? I thought maybe with the SVN it'd work, but after I start a new game it just goes to a blank screen. :smith:

please work? Its the only one I really want to play cause I beat 1 and 3 over christmas break.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys

Ballrawg posted:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-10012-page-2.html

Apparently was fixed in r2638.

Gyoru are you still providing builds for this or do I have to install Visual Studio again? :(

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Tallgeese posted:

So, I have an i7 920 at 2.66 Ghz.

Is the speed rating going to handicap me in any fashion, or will the fact that it's an i7 save the day?

I'm not really the type of person who plays at crazy-high resolutions or anything.

You should be pretty good. My i7 890, which is 2.80 Ghz combined with a GTS 250 has managed to play everything I've thrown at it with little to no slowdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

New SVN Build - r2655
Full
Update

There's a new GSdx plugin developer since the original one has been MIA for a long time. There's new 5x and 6x scaler options. Add "allowHacks=1" to \inis\GSdx.ini to see some of the new options in the plugin config.

• Locked thread