Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Moose King posted:

Pretty much all of his later episodes consisted of the following:

That all said, Survivorman was still one of my favorite shows and I miss it a lot.

Stroud only "survived" because you need more than a week to starve to death. Seriously, he might be tough for roughing it alone, but all he did was complain that he was tired, hungry, and scared of his environment. If he had to be alone for a month, the crew would have found a half-eaten tent inside his corpse.

New Page Edit:

Classic Dick Tracey, punching people

Eclipse12 has a new favorite as of 02:56 on Aug 10, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olorin
Aug 16, 2006
Charles "The Hammer" Martel

Olorin has a new favorite as of 05:07 on Aug 10, 2010

blue vein steel
Feb 5, 2004

i am the video word made flesh
the greatest motorcycle racer of all time does it to it

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

blue vein steel has a new favorite as of 05:33 on Aug 10, 2010

Kiros
Mar 16, 2008

Does anybody know about the quake?
Bullshit!
Is he using his knee to keep from falling off?

blue vein steel
Feb 5, 2004

i am the video word made flesh

Kiros posted:

Is he using his knee to keep from falling off?
well,
no, mainly using upper body strength to stay on the bike. He's using his left leg to help turn the bike in by shifting the bike's center of gravity to the left, into the corner. At speed, bikes naturally want to go vertical, so he is shifting his weight to force the bike onto it's side so as to go around the corner as tightly as possible. It just happens that the lean angles are so extreme on those bikes before tire adhesion gives up that the bikes can get pretty close to horizontal. he has plastic pucks on his knees to protect them and give his knees the ability to slide over the pavement.

doing all that while taking the turn at 70mph on a 250 h.p., 320lbs. bike

blue vein steel has a new favorite as of 06:09 on Aug 10, 2010

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
is that him recently, after he came back from both broken legs?

or is that an old stock photo?

The doctor is absolutely insane though. Just beyond mental.

King Faraday
May 22, 2009

Woot, comics got posted again so I can put this here.

Johnny Cloud, from the outstanding DC: The New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Red is Dead posted:

is that him recently, after he came back from both broken legs?
One broken leg, but it was a compound fracture of the tibia and he raced six weeks later, finishing fourth. He finished third the next race, still limping when off the bike. That's pretty badass.

Inspector Chan
Jul 9, 2002

I like the third option: I keep the disc, and throw you both off.

Eclipse12 posted:

Stroud only "survived" because you need more than a week to starve to death. Seriously, he might be tough for roughing it alone, but all he did was complain that he was tired, hungry, and scared of his environment. If he had to be alone for a month, the crew would have found a half-eaten tent inside his corpse.

Stroud and his wife spent their yearlong honeymoon in a remote region. He is a trained survivalist. I'm pretty sure he could go more than a week. Especially if he wasn't filming.

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

But that totally wasn't my fault. You shouldn't even be able to put the car in gear with the bar open.

Eclipse12 posted:

Yes, as compared to Bear Grylls, who is accompanied by an entire camera crew, who is rarely out at a shoot more than 2 or 3 days, who has multiple times had obviously staged discoveries of animal food sources, who is usually only about a half mile into whatever environment he his supposedly surviving in (and has a helicopter with him for the times they actually go deeper into the environment, and who has been caught not actually overnighting in the environment but rather going with his camera crew back to a local lodging.

Truly, Stroud is a big sissy, it's so obvious now why didn't i see it before.

crooked zoobies
Feb 15, 2009
horse on fire.

electricsugar
Jan 21, 2008

Tum again?

His beard > you.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

Yes, as compared to Bear Grylls, who is accompanied by an entire camera crew, who is rarely out at a shoot more than 2 or 3 days, who has multiple times had obviously staged discoveries of animal food sources, who is usually only about a half mile into whatever environment he his supposedly surviving in (and has a helicopter with him for the times they actually go deeper into the environment, and who has been caught not actually overnighting in the environment but rather going with his camera crew back to a local lodging.

Truly, Stroud is a big sissy, it's so obvious now why didn't i see it before.

I didn't mention Bear, though. So I'm not sure why you're acting like I did. Anyhow, I don't have any bad-rear end pics to post, so I'm not gonna argue about it anymore.

Mr.Graves
Jul 23, 2007

by T. Finn

Eclipse12 posted:

I heard he decided to pack in the whole series after watching your show.

no

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Grylls and Stroud are both badasses. Just with two different brands of badass.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Rough Lobster posted:

Grylls and Stroud are both badasses. Just with two different brands of badass.

Poor doggie. :(

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

sniktsing posted:

In that case:

Click here for the full 760x1046 image.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Rough Lobster posted:

Yeah this is actually cruel as hell

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Allow me to contribute.

DevilCat
Nov 6, 2008
I think this is Laizze Faire

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

electricsugar posted:

His beard > you.

Jack Passion's beard trumps all beards.

quote:

Mr. Passion is also the reigning World Beard and Mustache Champion in the Full Beard Natural category. He won this title in 2007 at the World Beard and Mustache Championships in Brighton, England, at the age of 23, and successfully defended it two years later in Anchorage, Alaska, when the event was next held.

He started growing his beard at age 19. drat.

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

But that totally wasn't my fault. You shouldn't even be able to put the car in gear with the bar open.

The Stizzle posted:

Jack Passion's beard trumps all beards.

He started growing his beard at age 19. drat.

now where have i seen that guy befo...

Oh, right.

LANkrypt0
May 28, 2001

ph33r

Abbeh posted:

My dad's the best.

I'd bet money that picture was taken from the roof of one of the buildings at boot camp up at the Great Lakes facility.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Can I make a request? It sort of fits the theme. I'm working on a big foam model and I need some reference paintings for a giant, island-sized crab. Like a big fuckoff crab rising out of the sea with trees growing out of his back and stuff.

Content:

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Knock of the debate over Bear and Straud. I specifically stated to not fight over whether something is bad-rear end or not. Post more pictures.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Secretariat, motherfuckers.

Behold the official finish line photo of the 1973 Belmont Stakes, in which he set a world record for the mile and a half which still stands. When he won the Kentucky Derby earlier that year, each quarter-mile split was faster than the one before it -- that's right, even at the end of the race he was still accelerating.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Drimble Wedge posted:

Secretariat, motherfuckers.

Behold the official finish line photo of the 1973 Belmont Stakes, in which he set a world record for the mile and a half which still stands. When he won the Kentucky Derby earlier that year, each quarter-mile split was faster than the one before it -- that's right, even at the end of the race he was still accelerating.

Also Secretariat

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

cloudchamber posted:

Hungary, 1956?

content: the Peck

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Drimble Wedge posted:

When he won the Kentucky Derby earlier that year, each quarter-mile split was faster than the one before it -- that's right, even at the end of the race he was still accelerating.

Holy poo poo. I don't care one way or the other about horse racing, but that is impressive.

Probably more disturbing than badass.

brain.centipedes
Feb 6, 2010

Phantom LOLbooth posted:

Probably more disturbing than badass.

Ewwwwwww! Gross!
This reminds me of a roommate I had one semester in college. He was in his early twenties and really into body building, but he looked like he hadn't even hit puberty yet. He looked like a buff 12-year-old. It was disconcerting.

Keso.Xorganoff
Apr 18, 2010

by T. Finn

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

brain.centipedes posted:

Ewwwwwww! Gross!
This reminds me of a roommate I had one semester in college. He was in his early twenties and really into body building, but he looked like he hadn't even hit puberty yet. He looked like a buff 12-year-old. It was disconcerting.

The kid in that picture really is as young as he looks.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Keso.Xorganoff posted:

:siren: furry art spotted :siren:

You might want to go post that one in the tactiLOL thread in TFR.

Farside
Aug 11, 2002
I love my Commodore 64

Phantom LOLbooth posted:

The kid in that picture really is as young as he looks.

yes, he is Richard Sandrak aka little Hercules. There are pictures of him even younger looking like that. He was on Howard Stern a few times iirc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sandrak

TorpedoFish
Feb 19, 2006

Tingly.

ghoti sticks posted:

Also Secretariat

I know absolutely nothing about horse racing, but holy poo poo.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Not to turn this into the Secretariat thread, but here he is in the Preakness (second leg of the Triple Crown). Watch at about 1:06 -- he was dead last, then dropped it into gear and passed everybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEOlWDz2KBw

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Cluricaun posted:

I never said that I admired the man's politics and attitudes, but it's hard to deny that he's a bad rear end. Dude was a member of the Outlaws MC, a country music star, was in a band with Dimebag from Pantera, and is so loving old and decrepit now that he has a beard with dreadlocks in it and he still performs. He's a foul and mean old racist, but there's still plenty of badassery there.

But I get what you mean, so allow me to redeem that one. I present...

GySgt. Carlos Hathcock. True badass. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Hathcock

This guy is nothing compared to the White Death. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%E4yh%E4

Wiki languages! :bang: It is Simo_Hayha.

queef anxiety has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Aug 31, 2010

noggut
Jan 15, 2008
Hella badass, but that picture must have been tampered with. Does not look realistic or match up with the story of using many years to recover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002
Simo and Carlos were both snipers, but Carlos' stalks are of legendary status. They were cut from a different cloth. I wouldn't say quantity is the issue, it was how it was carried out.

And FYI, the US sniper with the most confirmed kills in Vietnam wasn't a Marine, he was in the Army: Adelbert Waldron III

• Locked thread