Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Teagan posted:

a zombie wedding cake

I was going to say "Needs one of them to have a shotgun" complete with a classy splatter effect on one of the zombies going down the side of the cake, but then I thought about the implications.

Does it still imply that this is a shotgun wedding if the groom is holding it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SneakyCracker posted:

I know poo poo-all about hockey but you don't need to know poo poo about hockey to know that the man's look is nothing short of "I was beating better men than you before you were born. You are a lame rabbit and I am a stallion. Give up easy boy, and I may not humiliate you as badly."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Did he ever give an account of just what the gently caress that was like? I mean I can barely see into the mass of blood and guts just looking at anatomy photos, how the gently caress can you do that when your view is obscured by looking downwards and past some white sheets?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

In the robot apocalypse of the future, man will be destroyed with bitchin' techno drum loops.

Please don't try to recast the Matrix: Reloaded as science fiction.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That looks like a map from Quake or Unreal Tournament-era FPS games.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SpazmasterX posted:

I love how they gave it a fancy sci-fi case for shits and grins when they could have just as easily made it barebones and functional.

Those designers didn't grow up playing Half-Life, Quake, Halo, and Unreal Tournament just to make their dream look like everything else.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Polite Tim posted:

Why the gently caress is this a thing? It's one thing to prepare yourself against possible attacks from overseas but no one needs a bomb that could destroy a fifty mile radius. Further proof that mankind is retarded and we'd be better of being half brain dead goat-men instead

Blah blah blah Dr. Strangelove blah blah blah Mutually Assured Destruction blah blah blah

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Slung Blade posted:

Also blacksmiths are badass now? Awesome, I wish I could grow a beard.

They take particular rocks which usually look indistinguishable from gravel to the layman, heat them using carefully designed forges and skilled methodology often at risk to life and limb, and then hit that hot metal until they form shapes which are useful in a variety of ways when cooled. The badassery there isn't self-evident?

The Greeks saw such a man as so crucial to their survival and prosperity they made his archetype a major god alongside "the loving ocean", "death", and "hot girl." Not only that but they made sure he was crippled so his usefulness would be limited to them, based on the real ancient practice of hobbling skilled craftsmen to avoid them becoming guns-for-hire to rival tribes or strong warriors in their own right. Granted they also made him super ugly, had his hot girl wife cheat on him all the time, and basically made him one of the earliest patrons of the nerd, neckbeard, Tolkein dwarf, but even that can't take away from the fact that he could do what no other god could.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Also Vulcan if you're a Roman wannabe :smug:. That goes even further to lend credence to his status as one of the earliest and most famous neckbeards and neckbeard-inspirations of all time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

He was always Sir Top'Em Hat in the US.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

To be fair it was coming on the heels of WWII, the potential damage of even one nuke is astonishing, and no one knew if the "other side" (no matter what side you were on) was going to just jump into the game with them, so they were likely much more concerned with having a counter-attack ready for the majority populace than getting safety procedures right for the unlucky few on the ground. :(

It's a scary and stupid aspect of humanity, but for all the chiding the logic behind runaway arms build-ups isn't that hard to discern.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

What's really bad-rear end are the men who had the cajones to get in those suits despite the fact that explosive decompression can and did suck their bodies through a goddamn tube.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ok wrong term. Still, I've read that it's happened and oh boy is it nightmare fuel.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It looks like Wily's Fortress to a Megaman game where everyone is shrunk down Rick Moranis-style.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rick Jones, who is Marvel's superhero equivalent of a Canadian Hooker (everyone uses him, no one pays, and he always says thank you) so basically yes.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

To be fair I'd be way more afraid of the second coming up to me on the battlefield than the first. The first just screams "VIP KILL ME" even though it's probably attached to a badass. The second says "I am a low class warrior who has earned the right to look like a monster on the battlefield and I am coming for you."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Android Bicyclist posted:

Military dogs are cool, but I feel bad for them when they do live-fire drills. People get hearing protection while the dogs don't have anything. :ohdear:

How do they deal with that?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Isn't there a real risk of hearing damage? If I recall correctly dogs have more sensitive ears than humans don't they? Not that I'm sure of what exactly that even means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm not sure if I like the new season of Power Rangers.

• Locked thread