Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Super Waffle posted:

Got a source for these? :aaaaa:

They're promotional art for video games. I know the one with the different Enterprises is for Star Trek Legacy. Here's one more from the same artist.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Jibo posted:

More car-related badassery please

Click for big

Linear aerospike rocket engines are pretty badass too

Click for giant

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Jibo posted:

Psshh, you call that a jump? You call that a fire?

I've seen this image before, but this is the first time I've noticed that either the bus has no driver, or he's not visible because he's entirely engulfed in flames.

content:

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Here's a dog that looks like the Terminator.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Spaticus posted:

Aww, what happened to him/her? :(

Third degree burns from a house fire. Then he was stuck in a shelter for a year and a half because no one wanted him :(. Happily he's now been adopted and is going off to a new home! Who wouldn't want such a badass looking dog anyway?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Jesus christ look how much the bar is deflecting :psyduck:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

That's Buzz Aldrin reaching for his shades, inside the Eagle lander, on his way to the goddamn moon.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Reminds me of this

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Their legs being cut off at the knee looks really odd. Especially on Gimli, the kneepads make it look like he's got hoofs. And why are they all left handed?

Hypervelocity impactor :black101:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Don't mind me, just taking a stroll through this active volcano

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Look at this badass dude with an eagle

More eagle badassery

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

General Apathy posted:

Wow, at first I thought this was one of bekzinski's paintings, do you have any more info about it?

Here's the caption to that image:

quote:

A member of the expedition walks on the caldera's cooled lava floor, turned red by the reflected glow of the lake. "Down here you feel the volcano," says photographer Carsten Peter. "It's a low-frequency rumbling that pulses through your body—like being inside a giant subwoofer."

And a couple more photos of the same volcano.

It's the Nyiragongo volcano in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Read more here!

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

^^^ Maybe it's the walrus' moustache that tempers terror into acceptability. Also the walrus is too blubbery to take seriously, it's like a big adorable sausage! With tusks.

I posted:

This is what a 1015lb deadlift looks like.
Magnus Magnusson (badass name!) from Iceland, 380lbs of human forklift.

:3:

Here's Teddy Roosevelt riding a moose

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

:clint:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Didn't we have an awesome artwork thread at some point?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The first 2 are badass, but that last one just looks like me after I realize I locked my keys in the car and left the lights on.

This is why I keep a copy of my car key in my wallet.

Robots with guns, a badass combination.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Look at this awesome dude

Hope I look that good when I get to be his age.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Pneub posted:

Everybody shut up and check out this sweet grenade launcher:

Check out the Mk.47 GMG:

That's some Terminator-Future-War-lookin' poo poo right there.

If you're not into guns then look at this awesome cave:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

As someone who doesn't watch hockey, sometimes I get the impression the game is less about scoring goals and more about hurting people with sticks.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I was kinda thinking the same thing, but after I saw the base I thought "Maybe they wouldn't need those on a planet, just in space... :confused:"

Still, damned good paint job.

That golden colour of NASA's spacesuit helmets comes from the thin layer of gold plated on the surface, which helps reflect harmful radiation from the sun (gold is especially good at stopping infrared, but UV is the biggest danger). Think of it like especially strong sunglasses. The Apollo astronauts wore sunglasses with basically the same construction to protect their eyes while they were onboard the spacecraft. I posted a pic a while ago of Buzz Aldrin on Apollo 11, you can see him holding his pair. And assuming that figure is on Mars, yes you would want something to shield your eyes/face from the solar radiation as Mars has a weak atmosphere that doesn't do a good job of filtering the radiation like Earth's does.

Semi-related space photo:

It kind of blows my mind that this is a real photo taken onboard the ISS. It looks like something from a science fiction movie.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

I love NASA's promotional art :911:

It's making me misty eyed with patriotic feeling, and I'm not even from the USA!

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

If I remember correctly it was a shoot done by Empire for their 20th birthday.

Yep, they're all here.

Arnold :allears:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Jesus christ is that guy half gorilla or what? Is that a result of training or was he just naturally born with ape hands?

Asphalt Engine posted:

Pfft. Whatever. Guy couldn't even save his friends from the Nothing.

If you told me that guy could crush granite with his bare hands and consumed rocks for sustenance I would probably believe it.

One man fights alone to keep us safe from the rubber duck hordes :patriot:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Awesome celebrities?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sunday Punch has a new favorite as of 15:13 on May 27, 2011

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Otto Acron lifting a car like it aint no thang :australia:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Yeah, I've got like 10 layers of fireproofing on this thing :v:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

DocMcgillicuddy posted:

Dig that chair.

Most of these should probably go in the thread.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Flamethrowing snow-annihilators? gently caress you winter!

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

^^^ That's awesome.

Knifey McSpoon posted:

Is the operator smoking a ciggy? When men were men.

I think it's a pipe. Look at him, he's the coolest guy around and he knows it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

FNH is Belgian though. Or are you also Belgian? They did send some F-16s to Libya.

• Locked thread