Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
May 18, 2009

I just received a grant to write a film script and one of my possible ideas for the script would be a sudo mocumentary about the greek community pledge process and hazing. It would deal with the conflict between the dedication and urge of belonging with the blatant disrespect that happens during some greek organizations pledge process. While I want this film to contain a good amount of shock value, it needs to remain balanced with some semblance and combination of logic/ignorance/cynicism between both of these parties.

Since this is fictionalized I don’t really care how valid the story is but more on how effective it is relating to this conflict between the pledge class and the selected organization.

The film would involve interviews with fiction pledge members, actually member of these organization, tours of houses (both from a member and police office after one has been shut down), and also hand held Cloverfeild/Blair Witch Project type filming during the pledge process (confiscated by the police).

Any stories and view points are much appreciated, thanks for the help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

842 posted:

I just received a grant to write a film script ... sudo

Not to threadshit (too much), but wow.

_areaman
Oct 28, 2009

Could you make it like Avatar? Like Fratatar

almostfearless
Aug 1, 2003

Inspiral, Coalescence, Ringdown

An urban legend on campus here is that the pledges for a certain sorority are forced to strip down to their skivvies, stand on washing machines, and get hazed by the sorority members by having areas of fat on their bodies circled with magic marker and commented on. In reality it's just a lot of socializing, but I suppose that makes for less interesting stories.

Also, "sudo mocumentary" lmao.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I AM ING TO -->

This kind of transparency is unprecedented. A fine example of what's sorely missing in today's governments. I applaud you, sir.

I've heard of pledges being invited to parties, but anytime they laughed they had to down a shot of something. You can imagine how much worse this could get as the night went on. A few had to go to hospitals, but I don't think anyone died.

Dudebro fucked around with this message at Feb 2, 2010 around 23:50

Mez
Jun 23, 2008

I've heard of pledges being put in a basement room with a puppy, the door then locked. The pledges are not let out until the puppy is dead.

You can just make up some sick situations and it will be "believable".

LtMcbob
Jul 14, 2007
oh dude 4 strength 4 stam leather belt?

One of the fraternities at my school was busted for hazing last semester. I've only heard stories, but apparently the brothers put all of the pledges in a room with a bowl of punch and a video telling them to drink the punch then the video. Once they drank the punch they popped in the video and it was some of the brothers jerking off into the punchbowl. Again, only hearsay.

That being said, I'm a pledge right now and I don't get hazed at all whatsoever.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 24, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

Do interviews with brothers and have them be casually racist.

Beat.
Nov 22, 2003

Hey, baby, wanna come up and see my etchings?

I remember when this happened.... guy was a freshman when I was a freshman.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/fraternity

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Uhm, just throw in a lot of costumes, getting stuff poured on you, PT stuff, learning history of the fraternity and the brothers, uhh ridiculous rituals, etc.

We had to run to the library during "hell week" singing one of our frat songs with the name changed to crazy instead of our name, moon the stacks while singing a different song, and then running back.

Just stupid stuff like that, I don't know if that really fits your criteria as it's not too ridiculous.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

The Michigan Daily posted:

A fraternity member allegedly shot the pledge, who is an LSA first-year student, in the penis at close range with a BB gun early Monday morning. The injured pledge was clad only in boxer shorts at the time of the incident.

The 19-year-old victim, whose name has not been released, was scheduled for surgery yesterday at University Hospital.

pledges said they were duct taped to chairs and each other, and placed into a bathroom for seven hours while members of the house threw eggs into an open window of the room.

The group of Pi pledges said Monday's shooting was not the first time a fellow pledge needed medical attention this semester.

Two pledges were admitted to the hospital for alcohol poisoning, and another pledge was sent to the hospital hours before the BB gun incident after being struck with a snowball containing a rock during an activity in which pledges were stripped down to their boxers and pelted with snowballs by members of the house, the pledges said.

Of the active fraternity member that threw the snowball, "his only concern (of the incident) was whether it would affect his getting into the business school," the second pledge stated.

I'd say these frat boys are top-notch NSA material, as long as the one guy drops that business school nonsense.

Ractar
Feb 23, 2005
LOOK AT ME!!!

What I remember from my pledgeship, as for rituals, we spent most of that time being blindfolded with ties (we had to wear suits and ties). Some of the rituals with our fraternity were unique to our University and it was that way for all the chapters across the country. Most of the tasks involved reciting our fraternity’s mottos, chants, preamble, etc. Later on we were split up and played a reality show style scavenger hunt across town where we would try to save our pledge brothers from getting kicked out. Towards the end we had questions that dealt with brotherhood where you give some cookie-cutter answer about brotherly love

During the last week we were put in the middle of a room one at a time where our blindfold is taken off revealing a candle lit room with every active member staring down at you. They give you a what-if scenario and ask what you would do.

Later on while I was a member we had a guy ask: “You walk into a room and find two of your frat brothers loving each other in the rear end! What do you do?”

That's about all I remember from pledgeship other than drinking and going to parties.

My days as a member weren't so exciting. Me and some close friends moved into the fraternity house and it kinda went downhill from there. We were always getting in trouble for something, be it drinking in the house, selling drugs out of the house, and something about girls being over that I thought was pretty gay. Probably was directed more at another guy whose girlfriend practically lived with us for over a month.

They finally banned us from attending date parties so on the night of we threw our own date party, in the house, while all the members were at the formal. Some girl ran her mouth later that night and we woke up to the fraternities Sergeant At Arms waking us up to wall-to-wall beer cans telling us to "DISTROY THE EVIDENCE!!!"

We had to go in front of the frat's judicial board and were ex-membered. I thought I was living the typical fraternity life, I guess they didn't

Pfirti86
Oct 23, 2005

Beat. posted:

I remember when this happened.... guy was a freshman when I was a freshman.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content/fraternity

I hardly ever see any Greek poo poo at U of M, be it tee-shirts or signs or whatever. Then again, I'm a graduate student so I could care less anyways.

mugsyRocko
Jun 17, 2008

In my fraternity (or chapter, I should say) there is actually a lot of emphasis placed on respect between brothers, doing your part, earning your place, etcetera. Pretty diverse group of people and (some) really cool and interesting guys. I figure I owe them that because of what I'm about to say.

-That being said- I sort of had a falling out with my chapter recently over some issues I won't go into so I don't feel very bad about disclosing this, especially considering the fact that I'm not mentioning and names or locations.

My initiation was 24 hours long. It consisted of rigorous physical "boot camp" style training both in the basement of our house and about an hour away, at a brother's farm property, in the snow. Carrying logs above our head while running, etc. We also had to drink ungodly amounts of prune juice on the first day (began at about 6pm), with industrial buckets in front of us to throw up in. I had to prune-bong a bunch of that stuff. I filled my bucket up. None of this compares even slightly to "Day 2."

On day 2, after receiving no sleep, we had togas fastened to us while we were wearing nothing but boxers, and we sat in a semi-circle on folding chairs, music blaring, and we went through approximately ten hours of water torture. Freezing cold water was dumped on us for about ten hours. This was in the basement of the house and rotating fans were blowing the entire time, so even the occasional 10-minute break from the actual water was still terrible. I was the member of my pledge class who'd been declared the "strongest link" mentally by the already-brothers(the fraternity has a word for it, and every pledge class has one), so it was my duty to bear the load if one of my pledge brothers needed help or messed up. During this ten hours of water torture I occasionally had snow piled all over my toga-clad body. I am not a big guy, either. All in all it was one of if not the worst experience of my life, and I've actually been through quite a lot.

I left out a lot because it's honestly sort of hard to recall. A lot of symbolism-type stuff, also, which wouldn't really mean anything to someone who's not a member. I've heard that our initiation is one of the toughest in the country, although I can't possibly imagine how anyone would know that. Hey, at least we didn't have to do anything gay.

tl;dr

initiation sucks balls, don't pledge

mugsyRocko fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2010 around 01:19

Beat.
Nov 22, 2003

Hey, baby, wanna come up and see my etchings?

Pfirti86 posted:

I hardly ever see any Greek poo poo at U of M, be it tee-shirts or signs or whatever. Then again, I'm a graduate student so I could care less anyways.

When I was there they were trying their best to get the whole system shut down because of all the various bad press.

The guy who got shot was shot in the nuts, FYI. Both his testicles were destroyed and he had to wear some hosed up bag thing for a few years.

FreshShoez
Oct 15, 2009

842@somethingawufl$ mocumentary
ERROR: PERMISSION DENIED
842@somethinawful$ sudo mocumentary

Anywho.. we had a fraternity here kicked out of the IFC (inter-fraternal counsel) for tying pledges' hands behind their backs and push them face first down stairs. There's also a rumour that a one fraternity on campus makes their pledges do the "elephant walk". (A bunch of guys naked in a line with each guy holding onto the guy behind them's cock. First guy to get sort of hard gets their rear end beaten.) Completely unfounded... but still.

Gammatron 64
Nov 28, 2007

This is no vacation, boy!
NO VACATION!

Ractar posted:

Yeah, that's pretty similar to what I went through. They had candles, quizzes, blindfolds and basically team building activities. I.e. helping each other over a wall. And we had to wear pins. Nothing too horrible, really. poo poo, I actually had a lot of fun pledging and I'd probably be cool with doing it again.

However there were a few activities when I was pledging that got canned later on because we could get in trouble for them. The main one that got poo poo-canned was "markers", where the pledges would go to all the sorority houses, and offer to sing the girls whatever song they wanted if they wrote their cup sizes on our arms with washable markers. The zetas who were known for being slutty did it without hesitation, but Phi Mu called the cops on us and that was the end of markers. Just about everybody agrees now that markers was a bad idea.

Also if you failed the initiation quiz (and everyone did the first time, regardless of how you scored) we had an event called "knowledge" where the brothers would make gross concoctions and if you got a question wrong, you'd have to drink one (we made sure what everybody was allergic to first so we didn't kill anyone). Stuff like, cinnamon mixed with ketchup and melted ice cream mixed with vinegar. This also got canned because some people thought this was hazing.

That's really the worst I went through, not too bad honestly. Oh yeah, also when the pledges were blindfolded, we made them think that they had to gently caress a goat and some of us would make "baaah" noises. Usually they figured out this was bullshit but I did actually managed to convince my dumbass little that he had to gently caress a goat. And the scary part was that he was OK with this. I'd almost say he was disappointed when he discovered that there was no goat.

Basically all we really did was just harmless hyjinx and nobody ever got hurt. Although I have heard horror stories from other chapters. I remember that nationals closed one chapter because they made pledges crawl over broken glass. Also on our campus, KA had a really bad rep (people often called them "KKKA" or the "good old boys" as they were basically all rednecks) and at one time made their pledges kneel on bottlecaps that gave them scars. But on the other hand, there are fraternities like Sig Ep that doesn't do pledging at all - you get a bid and you're in.

tl;dr Sometimes pledging can be poo poo, sometimes it isn't, really depends on the group.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

The most richly flavored of all drunkards.

code:
$ mocumetary
mocumentary: cannot mocumentary: Permission denied
$ sudo mocumentary
OK

chuchumeister
Jul 22, 2007

Stuffed with dericious cream for your pleasure!

Gammatron 64 posted:

KA had a really bad rep (people often called them "KKKA" or the "good old boys" as they were basically all rednecks)

I go to a big Southern university, and the story I heard about our local KA chapter is that one year, they held a big fancy cotillion, all true to the time period (girls had to wear those Southern belle dresses, they turned off the electricity and A/C in the house, etc.). As part of the "experience," they got a horse-drawn carriage, except sans horse. What they did instead is go down right outside of campus where there's a notorious bum gauntlet and hire the bums (all black, of course) to pull their carriages.

To be fair, I have no idea if this story is true or not. Just what I've heard.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Nothing remarkable, just the standard tampon in the anus for pledges

searo74
Sep 17, 2006
I use the newbcannon.

I was never hazed while pledging, and have never done any of that to my pledges. I see no point in joining an organization that would treat you like poo poo or make you pass through some juvenile and arbitrary test to prove your brotherhood.

We just had to do teambuilding, memorize stuff, learn songs, brotherhood stuff, all fun and harmless with a component of discipline and busywork.

Generally the larger fraternities on my campus do haze, and this creates an us vs. them mentality where each class (20-30 people) is fairly close but doesn't interact much with the older guys.

The hilarious (true?) rumors I have heard regarding hazing on campus:

Telling pledges that the brothers are holding a pizza party for them, having them all show up and then pelting them with pizza. Making them clean it up afterwards.

Dumping sprinkles all over the floor and making pledges sort them by color with a strobe light providing the only lighting. They are also under a strict time limit.

Less funny hazing that I've heard firsthand-
Forced endurance events, stripping pledges down, making pledges drink/throw up excessively.

Also I would watch the poo poo out of this puh-suedoh documentary.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

We had to do the dishes and clean up after parties

Oh yeah I had to gently caress a goat once.

Gammatron 64
Nov 28, 2007

This is no vacation, boy!
NO VACATION!

chuchumeister posted:

I go to a big Southern university, and the story I heard about our local KA chapter is that one year, they held a big fancy cotillion, all true to the time period (girls had to wear those Southern belle dresses, they turned off the electricity and A/C in the house, etc.). As part of the "experience," they got a horse-drawn carriage, except sans horse. What they did instead is go down right outside of campus where there's a notorious bum gauntlet and hire the bums (all black, of course) to pull their carriages.

To be fair, I have no idea if this story is true or not. Just what I've heard.

Yeah, KA is generally pretty bad. Blacks weren't allowed until a couple decades ago, and I believe they had ties to the Klan at one point. Each fraternity has a different set of ethics and values, and I never cared for KA's. There were some fraternities on my campus that were always getting in trouble, and a few that weren't.

Fraternities vary by organizations, chapters and individuals (i.e. I knew some Pi Caps who were really cool, and some who were assholes). I went to national conventions for my fraternity in my college days, and some chapters were really cool, and some were made up of giant fuckheads who would haze the crap out of pledges and act like dicks on campus. A fraternity can either be a really fun experience where you make really good friends, or a lovely one. It just depends on the group, really. I had a lot of fun in college, did a lot of crazy stuff, and I really came out of my shell. If I didn't join a fraternity, I'd probably be a massive basement dweller permavirgin, so it worked out pretty well for me. It's most definitely not for everyone, though. My fraternity was a very small and close-knit group, so it was pretty rewarding for me, but on the other hand because of that, it's pretty much dead now.

For a few months I basically lived in my girlfriend's sorority house, but aside from Alpha Chi Omega I can't comment much on sorority life, other than its basically just typical high school drama that girls do anyway whether their in a sorority or not.

FrootLoopOfHenle
Jan 13, 2008

An acquaintance of my brother went through something pretty terrible pledging to a frat. He was locked in a room with food and water. The adjoining rooms had speakers facing inward pressed against the walls and one in the room above face down playing Surfin Bird at full blast. For 12 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow

Jesus Christ.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

i keep my word and i will kill you like i said
killing me? thats impossible for anyone

Don't go on hearsay regarding hazing in fraternities - it's usually bullshit. People don't join if they get hazed too hard.

reallybored
Jun 27, 2007
Delicious!

The fraternities at my school were pretty hard into hazing. The two fraternities that did light hazing were looked down upon and generally considered outcasts.

Most nights in the basement consisted of hours of push ups, wall-chairs, steamrollers, standing on heads, etc until the brothers came up with some bucket full of who knows what for us to eventually puke up. On special nights we had an event or function where we got to do something special like chug a gallon of milk, or see how much dip we could fit into our mouths before passing out, or enjoy a nice quite nap in just a t-shirt with a block of ice on our back. Wonderful!

Hazing(at least at my old school/fraternity) has two goals which it accomplishes beautifully. One is to see what a person does when they have hit their limit mentally and physically, and two to bring a group of people (pledges) together for a common goal (hating brothers).

It was worth it in the end, or so I tell myself.

Edit: To the post right above me; People are very surprising in what they will endure when they really want something or think they really want it.

reallybored fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2010 around 04:24

systran
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

One fraternity at my school would drive someone like four hours away to the middle of nowhere (he didn't know this was happening, he thought it was just a trip they were going on), then take his wallet/phone/money/everything but clothes, and drop him off there and leave.

SneakySnake
Feb 5, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

hieronymus posted:

Don't go on hearsay regarding hazing in fraternities - it's usually bullshit. People don't join if they get hazed too hard.

Pretty much. You're a pretty broken person if you think going through half of this poo poo is worth it to join a fraternity, and it's an even more broken fraternity if they want people who would take that kind of bullshit without standing up for themselves.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

SneakySnake posted:

Pretty much. You're a pretty broken person if you think going through half of this poo poo is worth it to join a fraternity, and it's an even more broken fraternity if they want people who would take that kind of bullshit without standing up for themselves.

I'm not in the US so basically all I've seen of fraternities is in 80s teen movies.

All the kind of hazing stuff you guys have posted about - what does it get you? When I went to university I made friends, joined some clubs, went to the student union and got on fine - I'm genuinely curious what a fraternity/sorority gets you that normal student life doesn't that's worth doing all this weird stuff for?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Danger - Octopus! posted:

I'm not in the US so basically all I've seen of fraternities is in 80s teen movies.

All the kind of hazing stuff you guys have posted about - what does it get you? When I went to university I made friends, joined some clubs, went to the student union and got on fine - I'm genuinely curious what a fraternity/sorority gets you that normal student life doesn't that's worth doing all this weird stuff for?

I wasn't put through any sort of unnecessary hazing. I say it like that because the term hazing, from a legal standpoint, covers a lot of stuff that I did have to do at some time even though all of it had a point or was even enjoyable. The pledge process was nothing like TV or movies depicts, there's nothing from my experience that made me too uncomfortable or that I wouldn't be willing to do again. I suppose we're one of the few chapters that has figured out that hazing does nothing positive and only builds animosity toward the active chapter; instead we've built up a system that brings the pledge class together while creating real brotherhood and a strong chapter.

It's given me a ton of close friends, pushed myself to build my character far beyond what it was a year ago, introduced me to many girls, given me tons to put on a resume, and brought me in to a huge world-wide network of fraternity members that will gladly help me out because of the organization we're a part of.

The fraternities that do haze are very superficial. They might party hard and have a good time or what have you but that's all gone after graduating. What I've gained are a lot of genuine friends that will be there all throughout life. A large part of my wedding party and the people who bury me when I inevitably die will be from the fraternity.

I can't defend fraternities as a whole because I know that the majority probably suck, and I can't speak for all chapters of mine either because I don't know how they're run. All I can say is that I've had a great experience which has changed my life for the better.

Teeter fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2010 around 08:15

Church Of Walrus
Apr 2, 2007
I have the energy of a bear that has the energy of two bears!

Make sure you don't use the name or letters of a real fraternity. Internationals are very touchy and wouldn't hesitate to sue the poo poo out of you.

shinymodem
May 21, 2007

My old frat was created by a bunch of WWI vets, so we had a lot of military style challenges. During hell week, we had a 12 mile run that was interspersed with "storming" hills, where we'd have to army crawl up big hills while the actives chucked eggs. If you got hit, you had to start over. We did way too much army crawling though, once having to crawl around the entire loving cart path of a golf course. It took like two hours, and my elbows and knees were just bloody pulps afterwards. We also had to make meat brides a couple times over little creeks where the pledges made a bridge for the actives and if they got wet, you started over. We did some goofy pushup thing too where you got in a big circle and everybody put their feet on the back of the person behind them so when you did a push up, only your arms were on the ground, which was actually kind of cool. We also played a pretty sweet drinking game one night to saving private ryan's opening scene where every time a nazi got shot, you took a drink. Every time a nazi lost an appendage, you chugged, and if they got caught on fire, you shotgunned. There was a garbage can in the middle of the room and by the end it was brimming with puke, I still remember that smell... We'd also eat nasty poo poo occasionally like pickled pigs feet and this horrible concoction of whisky, vodka, mayo, and hot sauce, that was by far the worst. Oh I almost forot, whenever we weren't doing poo poo, we'd all get tossed in this closet and London bridge by fergie would be blasting for like 3 hours straight, every night. For hell week, we weren't allowed to clean our clothes, and they were covered in everything from ketchup and mustard to crisco and hot sauce by the end. Trust me, you haven't felt pain till you've ran a mile with hot sauce on your nuts.
Looking back over that, it sounds pretty horrible, but in my memories, it's not too bad. A lot of it was about building unity, you memorized all this worthless poo poo with your pledgmates (i had to learn the goddamn ewok song) and convinced each other to continue when you thought you couldn't, and you also knew the group before you went through the same, if not worse. At least I can say I was never paddled or anything, I was there of my own free will and was welcome to leave whenever I wanted, plus I got into great shape. If I had the choice of doing it again, I probably would.

shinymodem fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2010 around 08:58

shinymodem
May 21, 2007

systran posted:

One fraternity at my school would drive someone like four hours away to the middle of nowhere (he didn't know this was happening, he thought it was just a trip they were going on), then take his wallet/phone/money/everything but clothes, and drop him off there and leave.

We had something kind of like this in my frat. The pledges got one day where'd they just skip out on pledging and take an active out on either a good trip or a bad trip. A good trip pretty much meant you really liked the active and would take him out to a strip club or something. A bad trip was the more fun choice, and the one my pledge class did. This one rear end in a top hat had been ridin us like all week so we nabbed him after classes one day, threw him in the trunk of one of our cars, took him like an hour and a half away, striped him to his boxers, gave him a 6 pack and a joint, and drove off.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

There was one horror story I heard that some frat apparently made all of the pledges go through. A brother would bring a pledge into a room guarded by two dudes. Inside the room was a naked girl tied to a bed screaming, crying, and begging for help all with a naked brother who would then tell the pledge: "Ok your turn. gently caress this bitch and you're in. If you dont gently caress her, then you're done." The naked dude would continue to pressure to gently caress out of the pledge to gently caress the chick until he either agreed to do it, or made his way to the door.

The chick and the naked dude were boyfriend/girlfriend playacting, and obviously doing the stunt for show. If the pledge agreed to gently caress the chick, the two dudes outside the door would come in, and toss the pledge out on the street. If he refused, then he got a "Ok good. You're not a rapist. Congratulations you made it!" from the naked dude.

Its obviously all bullshit, but its one of the more awesome hazing horror stories ive heard. Its actually not a bad idea either, and probably a good way to filter out all of the "ill do anything for the frat" drones that tend to take poo poo way too far. Its just legally very sketchy, and a tad bit dangerous.

Avalanche fucked around with this message at Feb 3, 2010 around 09:19

enraged_camel
Jul 4, 2007
Can't make ends meet in the US? Move to Australia! If you need to ask about things such as "economic feasibility" and "logistics" you're just lazy and entitled and better looking than I am

In my experience, somewhere around 90% of frats are what I would classify as a plague on the US college system. They provide the perfect environment for all kinds of shady, illegal poo poo, like drugs, surprise sex, under-age drinking. It is very dangerous because individuals that would normally do none of these things often end up succumbing to peer pressure from people they (wrongfully) trust and respect.

Only a small minority of "Greeks" has their poo poo together and actually do worthwhile, serious stuff like charity work, community service, fund-raising, while staying away from the bullshit.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

A DOG THAT FUCKING LOVES WAFFLES

enraged_camel posted:

In my experience, somewhere around 90% of frats are what I would classify as a plague on the US college system. They provide the perfect environment for all kinds of shady, illegal poo poo, like drugs, surprise sex, under-age drinking. It is very dangerous because individuals that would normally do none of these things often end up succumbing to peer pressure from people they (wrongfully) trust and respect.

Are you seriously saying this? You've never been on a college campus, have you? Any fraternity I know would beat the poo poo out of you then call the police for surprise sex, and underage drinking tends to go on even outside of greek life.

systran
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Fraternity on my campus has some tiger statue in front of their frat house and they paint it a new color every time one of their members takes a girl's virginity.. not exactly surprise sex but extremely douchebag behavior.

Justinen
Mar 17, 2009

Wow some of these stories just make me so glad that we don't have frats on my campus. Seems like the immature jock bullshit just never ends depending on where you go to school. Goodluck to you all who end up members of Alpha Mega Dicka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

I was in the band and a frat at the same university. Honestly, the band was worse than the frat when it came to hazing.