Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2210

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Thank you.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
lmao

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

pls find the Wikipedia thread where ty slowly unravels as mod after mod praises aff for being a pillar of the community

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

theflyingexecutive posted:

pls find the Wikipedia thread where ty slowly unravels as mod after mod praises aff for being a pillar of the community

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/IncidentArchive497#User:Banime.27s_longterm.2C_admitted_vandalism

you mean THIS THREAD?!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

drat lol

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
he's back – in wiki form!

http://alf.wikia.com/wiki/ALF_Wiki

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

that is a seriously cute baby

but :lol: at the other pic featuring a chick with a big rack. at least they know their target market? haaaa

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
big ol' wikis

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lmao.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
bickerpedia

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Paul Wellman notes that clubbing an opponent with the butt of a gun held by its barrel, as seen in some Westerns, is problematic. First, guns are designed for shooting, not as a club. Second, the danger of an unintentional discharge could fatally wound the "clubber".

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
I thought guns going off when they hit something was a myth

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
you still don't want to voluntarily cede control of where a gun's pointing to chance

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

A Pinball Wizard posted:

i believe it's something that could happen with the guns in old cowboy movies, due to the way they were constructed?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

A Pinball Wizard posted:

prefect posted:

i believe it's something that could happen with the guns in old cowboy movies, due to the way they were constructed?

in cowboy movies they almost exclusively used colt saa's which are single action. as such, the hammer falling on the chamber will immediately discharge the round, and once the hammer is pulled back it takes a negligible amount of force to pull the trigger. the hammer should not be pulled back when pistol whipping someone but if you hit them hard enough you could feasibly dislodge the hammer enough for it to fall on the chamber and fire. the CORRECT way to pistol whip someone is hold the gun like you normally would and bring it down like a hammer on their skull or across the face like you were throwing a hook. as for modern guns, there are drop safeties which (usually) prevent the sear from engaging when the gun is dropped, even if the hammer or striker is cocked :spergin: :clint:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

A Pinball Wizard posted:

aaaaaaaaaaa don't point a gun at anything you aren't prepared to shoot!

imo everyone should be required to take a firearm safety course even if they never plan to shoot a gun in their life.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
also old revolvers had the firing pin on the hammer so if you have a choice of hammer down with firing pin resting on the primer or hammer cocked with a super light trigger pull

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
mythbusters does gun stuff all the time

the bit in true lies where jamie lee curtis drops an uzi down the stairs is total bullshit but a gun will go off if you drop it in a deep fryer

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

aaaaaaaaaaa don't point a gun at anything you aren't prepared to shoot!

imo everyone should be required to take a firearm safety course even if they never plan to shoot a gun in their life.

all you need for a firearm safety course is "don't touch the loving gun"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

haveblue posted:

the bit in true lies where jamie lee curtis drops an uzi down the stairs is total bullshit but a gun will go off if you drop it in a deep fryer

the bit where she's super-hot was confirmed later that night

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Nintendo Kid posted:

all you need for a firearm safety course is "don't touch the loving gun"

But shooting things is fun and solves problems quickly

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

duTrieux. posted:

the bit where she's super-hot was confirmed later that night

earlier actually, the hotel room scene is before the island

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The losing team in any high school baseball game played at the ballpark is allowed to scoop up handfuls of Koshien infield dirt, stuffing holy clay clods into tiny plastic bags as hordes of Japanese paparazzi snap photos at arm's length.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

jfc

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

followed up with http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/12/20/cash_rich_wikipedia_chugging/

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

theflyingexecutive posted:

fyad had a wikipedia editing contest and many fake articles were made eg one was called podtats about tattoos for your ipod

aff has a deep cover account editing a bunch of poo poo about old german emperors while slipping in vandalism

ty peppar/cumulus clouds/tgh1970 starts snitching on fyad and they start harassing him

ty gets real mad and calls for aff to be banned from wiki

aff stays cool as gently caress and gaslights the poo poo out of ty, who brings in an alt account (big wiki no no) to corroborate (this is the really funny part to read if you can find it)

ty and his alt are banned from wiki, a couple days later ty kills himself and his wiki page is edited to read "dead and gay lmao"

iirc, the 'dead and gay' edit was made after the death, but a day or two before anyone found out about it :iiam:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

haveblue posted:

earlier actually, in trading places

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

earlier actually, in trading places

think of how many ways that movie was better than pretty woman

i could write a whole article about it and i've never seen pretty woman

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

syscall girl posted:

trading places is a classic and should be mandatory viewing for all americans

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

syscall girl posted:

idk george tries to rape julie roberts at one point

Furious over the loss of so much money, Phillip goes to the hotel to confront Edward, but only finds Vivian. He blames her for changing Edward and tries to make a pass at her. She bites his hand to make him stop and a furious Phillip slaps and tries to rape her. Edward arrives in time to stop him, hitting him while chastising him for his greed and then throws him out.

movies in the 80s were p rapey

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

idk george tries to rape julie roberts at one point

Furious over the loss of so much money, Phillip goes to the hotel to confront Edward, but only finds Vivian. He blames her for changing Edward and tries to make a pass at her. She bites his hand to make him stop and a furious Phillip slaps and tries to rape her. Edward arrives in time to stop him, hitting him while chastising him for his greed and then throws him out.

movies in the 80s were p rapey

okay sure but you confused me because it wasn't Julia in trading places

certainly not going to try to defend the behavior of all the protags there

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_Jaws

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

i used to live in moose jaw it is nice

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

syscall girl posted:

julia roberts should have kept the wig on

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Assugrin is a brand name for a sugar substitute that is a blend of cyclamate and saccharin.[1] Produced in Switzerland by MCM Klosterfrau Vertriebsgesellschaft,[2] Assugrin was the main table sweetener in West Germany.[3]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

In 2004, Trolli introduced a gummi candy in the shape of chickens, squirrels, and snakes with tire tracks on them like they had been run over by a vehicle. Animal rights activists spoke out about the candy in an effort to get it off of the market. Kraft Foods, then the owner of the Trolli US brand which had introduced this product, pulled it from the market.[8][9][10]